What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nature on verge of collapse? UN report is shocking (2 Viewers)

We're trying to figure out what's causing it. My hypothesis is that it only affects posts made by people who have Grammarly installed. Others on staff think I'm crazy, which is highly possible.

Out of curiosity, do you have the Grammarly browser plug-in installed?

P.S. Here's a work-around that will let you edit your post. First, click the little downward-pointing arrow in the upper left corner of the quote box within your post. Second, go ahead and edit or hide as normal.
I do! I bet that is the issue since it only happens when I logged into a computer with it connected. 

Also when editing it with your trick, it just turns into a hot mess. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things would help. Cutting down on the population of humans and plastic would go a long way.
The plastics thing is spot on. We need to ####### outlaw plastic water bottles. It is so ridiculous to pay 2 bucks for some water when you can just fill up a reusable water bottle pretty much everywhere. Couple that with the waste and the processing to create those bottles and it is beyond ludicrous. 

And I say this as someone who refuses to go anywhere without a reusable water bottle so that I am never forced to buy or take bottled water from anyone anywhere. 

The plastics thing is spot on. We need to ####### outlaw plastic water bottles. It is so ridiculous to pay 2 bucks for some water when you can just fill up a reusable water bottle pretty much everywhere. Couple that with the waste and the processing to create those bottles and it is beyond ludicrous. 

And I say this as someone who refuses to go anywhere without a reusable water bottle so that I am never forced to buy or take bottled water from anyone anywhere. 
Should probably make plastic packaging in general illegal.

I actually feel like I am doing my part.  I used to buy a case of plastic bottled water a week.  Have not bought any plastic water, soda, or anything bottled in plastic in about 2 years now.  Plus I take my own containers to the grocery store too.  Might change my name to Da Green Guru

Da Guru said:
I actually feel like I am doing my part.  I used to buy a case of plastic bottled water a week.  Have not bought any plastic water, soda, or anything bottled in plastic in about 2 years now.  Plus I take my own containers to the grocery store too.  Might change my name to Da Green Guru
:hifive:

Da Guru said:
My wife wont drink anything but ice mountain in bottles and I'm sure most of you married men know that trying to change a wifes mind ain't easy. 

But..

I hung a bag up for her to put her empties in so I can take them to the recycling center not far from my house.   Small steps

My wife wont drink anything but ice mountain in bottles and I'm sure most of you married men know that trying to change a wifes mind ain't easy. 

But..

I hung a bag up for her to put her empties in so I can take them to the recycling center not far from my house.   Small steps
Get the home water dispenser.

Da Guru said:
I do have a reusable water bottle, but I do buy a lot of ice tea in single bottles.  Just got a couple of green teas from Trader Joe's.

Will definitely have to rethink that 

But..

Mine won’t drink anything but the Costco bottle, moving a mountain would be easier then changing her mind on that.  So I too live with the recycling opinion, though I’m hearing now that that isn’t the positive we’ve been lead to believe.  

I do have a reusable water bottle, but I do buy a lot of ice tea in single bottles.  Just got a couple of green teas from Trader Joe's.

Will definitely have to rethink that 
Sometimes you have no choice...I just try avoid as much as possible.  Just go to any grocery store.  Plastic milk and cream containers., plastic dish, laundry soap and shampoo, Gatorade, dam near everything is plastic or plastic wrapped.

Plastic bottles are not the main issue for the downfall of the global environment. 

If we really want to make a difference. 

1) don’t use fossil fuels 

2) have less children or none at all 

3) support politics that address third world/foreign country pollution and deforestation, population control 

4) support politics that protect wilderness 

the plastic bottle thing is a ploy to help soccer moms feel better about themselves 

In all seriousness, this is one of those topics and reports that hits me in the gut.  Despair and sadness and creates an overall malaise.  I'm really panicky over what this means for the world my kids are inheriting.  We're taking a mega National Park vacation this summer for about a month.  It'll be awesome and bittersweet at the same time with this stuff hanging over our heads.  :sadbanana:
Enjoy it.  Sounds fantastic.  

I am certain there are studies of the energy it takes, or took, to have recyclable/returnable glass bottles.  They were heavy to transport, had to be returned, rewashed using much water, and then reused.  Comparatively is plastic better or worse than that.  I have wondered.  Does anybody have a ready link to such studies? 

Plastic bottles are not the main issue for the downfall of the global environment. 

If we really want to make a difference. 

1) don’t use fossil fuels 

2) have less children or none at all 

3) support politics that address third world/foreign country pollution and deforestation, population control 

4) support politics that protect wilderness 

the plastic bottle thing is a ploy to help soccer moms feel better about themselves 
It's more plastic in general that's the problem, and the disposable culture we've encouraged that creates so much waste and pollution. That gigantic deadzone in the middle of the north pacific due to all the toxic waste we've allowed to escape into the environment that's accumulated there is an absolute travesty. We would do well to pay a little more now to prevent paying a lot more, or possibly creating a cost we can never repay, later.

I would just like to take the opportunity to once again point out that smokers need to stop treating the world like their ashtray. 
I was just ranting about this yesterday to a friend.  What about smoking makes them think they can litter with impunity too?   I just don’t get it.  Is it they are killing themselves so they might as well kill the planet too?   

I was just ranting about this yesterday to a friend.  What about smoking makes them think they can litter with impunity too?   I just don’t get it.  Is it they are killing themselves so they might as well kill the planet too?   
It is 100% entitlement. Saw a survey once where like 80% of them said it was because places didn't put enough receptacles in convenient locations. 

GTFO. FInd me an ashcan and I will show you hundreds of butts on the ground within 50 feet. Convenient location to them means one on wheels following them around ready to grab it out of the air.  

parasaurolophus said:
It is 100% entitlement. Saw a survey once where like 80% of them said it was because places didn't put enough receptacles in convenient locations. 

GTFO. FInd me an ashcan and I will show you hundreds of butts on the ground within 50 feet. Convenient location to them means one on wheels following them around ready to grab it out of the air.  
Like an upgraded more capable Roomba as a public utility for smokers.  I wonder, could it have a smoke vacuum to try to clean the air and an air freshener component as well.  Maybe even a breath lozenge shooter so it could launch a breath lozenge into the smokers mouth once they are done.  You may be on to something here.  Sadly the cost may be prohibitive.

Users who are viewing this thread