What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NBA BTTF V -- GREATEST THREAD IN NBA FORUM HISTORY (1 Viewer)

Is there in-game fatigue that effects players during the game even if they have plenty of minutes? Like, a player has enough minutes but if you play him all 48 he won't play well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a good time for me to have the worst stretch of the season. :sadbanana:  

Gonna hit the strip clubs and get the guys relaxed and motivated for the stretch run!

looks like I clinched a playoff spot......again.....for the 5th straight year.   :coffee:  

how long have we been doing this?  5 years?  :whistle:

With 6 games left, looks like the playoff teams are set, barring a miracle run from Eephus. Still lots of important games that will decide seeding though.

With 6 games left, looks like the playoff teams are set, barring a miracle run from Eephus. Still lots of important games that will decide seeding though.
My team is trying their absolute best to give it to the lillylivered hillbillies

L6  :hot:

I haven't looked at my team for a week and a half.

ETA:   still at .500.  What a surprise :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
resting my main guys for the playoffs.  get ready to see a lot of Jonas jerebko and lance Thomas down the stretch for me.

resting my main guys for the playoffs.  get ready to see a lot of Jonas jerebko and lance Thomas down the stretch for me.
Do guys get credit for minutes saved from the regular season in the playoffs... and do byes then give your guys additional rest therefore more minutes?

I've got everyone over 40 except Julius

The big one was Terrance Jones since my defense is weak and he's rated 79. Big boost for the forwards

I am gambling yes, but thinking no.....
It seems they dont give much if any cushion at all here, unlike Baseball. And baseball is limited to 10% in the post season now anyway.

I'll likely keep KAT going for the MVP race, now tied. But could see 48 minutes of Mike and Mike (Muscala and Dunleavy) along with 48 for Ty Lawson and Barnes (heck could do Ty Johnson 48 min as well).

I could literally play a starting 5 for a full game and, other than Dunleavy and Muscala, decent players. Pretty nuts... and not a good team but not awful either... wel, pretty awful with no real center/rebounds.

48 MPG team:

PG Ty Lawson

SG Tyler Johnson

SF Mike Dunleavy

C  Mike Muscala

Where do you see this? (could is be not enough overall usage on the floor?)
In the faq when i was researching in-game fatigue. 

Bumping Wiggins from 30 min to 45 min and he sucks when given 45 min even though he's sitting in 48 rec/min.

Maybe Wiggins just sucks?

In the faq when i was researching in-game fatigue. 

Bumping Wiggins from 30 min to 45 min and he sucks when given 45 min even though he's sitting in 48 rec/min.

Maybe Wiggins just sucks?
Hmm, good question. Everything Ive heard is there is no in game fatigue if you have the surplus minutes... in what context did you see 'possession fatigue'?

Can't carry extra minutes over into the playoffs.  I know this because one year I thought I was all set to go 6 man rotation in the playoffs and then waah waah

I don't know about in game fatigue, but I know I've tried it before where I had a super efficient/beastly guy who only played had like 7 min/game because of injuries.  Benched him for like 6 straight games then tried playing him 45 or whatever, results weren't nearly as good as expected.  So I dunno.

Hmm, good question. Everything Ive heard is there is no in game fatigue if you have the surplus minutes... in what context did you see 'possession fatigue'?

https://www.whatifsports.com/knowledgebase/KB_Article_Details.aspx?kbid=582

2. Now that we have picked a player, we must determine what he will do with the ball. There are three things he can do: turn the ball over (3), shoot (5) or be fouled (4). Every player has a real-life turnover percentage, field goal attempt percentage and times fouled percentage that is relative to his total number of actual possessions. At this point, many factors can adjust those percentages and affect whether we go to step 3, 4 or 5. Generally, we will view the chance that he shoots as the amount remaining after modifications to fouled percentage and turnover percentage. These factors include: the man defending the player, the rest of the defense, the type of offense, the type of defense, a player’s fatigue value, any team under-possession penalty and the player’s over-possession penalty.

Woo wooooo:

:champagne: 

It ended up getting close there at the end, but we avenged a recent one point loss to Reboundingly with a statement win for the Division crown and bye. KAT with an emphatic 34 and 15, Barnes adding 23 and 10. Can't argue with that at all. 

No way I thought winning a division would be in the cards considering how clueless I was going into the season. Basically I gambled on one player, KAT, improving enough to carry me to the playoffs (to give some context, I didn't know who CJ Mccallum or Bradley Beal were going into the draft, so trying to build more overall talent with two or three none elite but really good guys wasn't in the cards).  KAT was awesome, I got lucky with drafting some bigs and got just enough from my back court. I think I mentioned before, but the only reason I picked Barnes was I figured the Mavs knew more than I did, and they paid him a ton.

When Reggie Jackson went down like the day after I drafted thought my team was doomed.  As they say, better to be lucky than good. 

Pretty, pretty, pretty happy to be in the playoffs my first year. Even though my team tried to make it more difficult than it needed to be. 

Back to back years best record in the league. My team last year was much better than this years though.

Big game between Yo Mama and Sparty to end the season.

I think it does some wonky stuff before the playoff schedule is set.
Sorry, I mistyped. I meant recommended minutes. There's nothing there where previously there was the RecMin that we could build up. Just hoping the minutes that a player can play doesn't reset. 

The Gator said:
Sorry, I mistyped. I meant recommended minutes. There's nothing there where previously there was the RecMin that we could build up. Just hoping the minutes that a player can play doesn't reset. 
Thought the consensus was yes, they reset (can't carry over spare minutes from the regular season into the playoffs)

Yeah, this royally sucks. You spend all season playing certain minutes to get your team functioning and boom, all of a sudden the players lose those minutes. What's the thought process behind that? 

The Gator said:
Yeah, this royally sucks. You spend all season playing certain minutes to get your team functioning and boom, all of a sudden the players lose those minutes. What's the thought process behind that? 
WIS?  That said, it's reasonable to expect some reset (you don't go through a regular season playing a guy 12 minutes, then suddenly 35), but it would be nice to have some cushion, ala baseball.

That said, 2-1 all around. :popcorn:  

WIS?  That said, it's reasonable to expect some reset (you don't go through a regular season playing a guy 12 minutes, then suddenly 35), but it would be nice to have some cushion, ala baseball.
yeah, i get that. But you also don't go through a whole season building minutes/stamina and they vanish. there definitely should be a middle ground. 

yeah, i get that. But you also don't go through a whole season building minutes/stamina and they vanish. there definitely should be a middle ground. 
If I won the mega lottery, no joking, I'd take a couple mil and invest in buying whatifsports (and financing Otis' purchase of the FFA, of course)

The Gator said:
It's not a real series until you beat someone on their home court

#### just got real

:popcorn:
It's not fair that you can change your defense to concentrate on the perimeter and I can't change my offense to take advantage of it!

Game 1 (no def. adjustment):  9-21 from 3, WIN

Game 2 (no def. adjustment): 7-21 from 3, WIN

Game 3 (def. adjustment): 5-24 from 3, LOSS

Game 4 (def adjustment): 4-17 from 3, LOSS

Game 5 (def adjustment): 5-25 from 3, LOSS

And there's nothing I can do about it.  This game is stupid.

It's not fair that you can change your defense to concentrate on the perimeter and I can't change my offense to take advantage of it!

Game 1 (no def. adjustment):  9-21 from 3, WIN

Game 2 (no def. adjustment): 7-21 from 3, WIN

Game 3 (def. adjustment): 5-24 from 3, LOSS

Game 4 (def adjustment): 4-17 from 3, LOSS

Game 5 (def adjustment): 5-25 from 3, LOSS

And there's nothing I can do about it.  This game is stupid.
If you rest mccouloumnmn I'll switch it back

Deal?

If I won the mega lottery, no joking, I'd take a couple mil and invest in buying whatifsports (and financing Otis' purchase of the FFA, of course)
So....

Dear WhatIfSports User,

We have some exciting news to share with you about a few changes that you'll see at WhatIfSports in the coming days. Yesterday, WhatIfSports joined our Minneapolis-based fantasy sports network of businesses called SportsHub.

SportsHub offers a wide variety of products and services, including season-long fantasy games (National Fantasy Football Championships, CDM Sports), a newly-launched daily fantasy sports game (Fanball), and the trusted source for collecting and protecting fantasy league dues (LeagueSafe).

Starting today, you'll see a few visual changes to WhatIfSports.com, but nothing that will disrupt or impact your SimLeague or Dynasty games. The site and all its games will continue to run smoothly as they always have, with all features and functionality still available.

If you have any further questions about this announcement, feel free to leave your feedback here.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to bringing you even more new features and games in the months ahead. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rob Phythian, SportsHub CEO

0:00      118 - 119             Russell Westbrook makes the open jumpshot from the free throw line.

MVP
MVP
MVP

So....

Dear WhatIfSports User,

We have some exciting news to share with you about a few changes that you'll see at WhatIfSports in the coming days. Yesterday, WhatIfSports joined our Minneapolis-based fantasy sports network of businesses called SportsHub.

SportsHub offers a wide variety of products and services, including season-long fantasy games (National Fantasy Football Championships, CDM Sports), a newly-launched daily fantasy sports game (Fanball), and the trusted source for collecting and protecting fantasy league dues (LeagueSafe).

Starting today, you'll see a few visual changes to WhatIfSports.com, but nothing that will disrupt or impact your SimLeague or Dynasty games. The site and all its games will continue to run smoothly as they always have, with all features and functionality still available.

If you have any further questions about this announcement, feel free to leave your feedback here.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to bringing you even more new features and games in the months ahead. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rob Phythian, SportsHub CEO
Whoa.  WIS, CDM Sports and Fanball now all combined?!

Users who are viewing this thread