What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (2 Viewers)

I thought Kansas would hang the whole game, but Gonzaga was clearly better. Charles Barkley said before the game that Gonzaga would pull away in the second half, he was corr
Kansas started the season with one of the best if not the best starting 5 but they had zero bench. Now they lost their 2nd best player for the year and Dickenson may not be 100%. Add to that that they had to start a player that was not ready for prime time to say the least and their bench became even more horrendous. 2nd half collapse was inevitable.

Pours one out for Oakland 🍺

At least I'll always have James Madison & Grand Canyon (You're welcome Hack)

Last edited:
Oregon has been dragging since end of second half. They look totally spent physically.
Literally had five playable guys left in a double OT game. Just ran out of gas, against a team that was already a bit better. Only two payers scored in the entire second half!

About the final possession for Oakland.

I hated calling a TO there with 14 seconds left and game tied, they have OT in the bag, do not let NCS regroup their defense. Keep your flow going and play your offense.
In that spot D is on their heels, get a last second shot or foul. After the TO there was no flow when inbounded.
It also blew up my Oakland ML bet AND the Under that was locked in all game. Was very much not fun to watch. Thankfully Creighton did the exact opposite for me. So I was just -vig

The officials lost their damned minds towards the end of Oakland/NCSU. I don't know how Kevin Keats isn't in jail for murder, because I would be if I were him. These weren't even judgement calls like block/charge.

About the final possession for Oakland.

I hated calling a TO there with 14 seconds left and game tied, they have OT in the bag, do not let NCS regroup their defense. Keep your flow going and play your offense.
In that spot D is on their heels, get a last second shot or foul. After the TO there was no flow when inbounded.

They did seem out of system after the TO, they needed to someway get a shot off.

The officials lost their damned minds towards the end of Oakland/NCSU. I don't know how Kevin Keats isn't in jail for murder, because I would be if I were him. These weren't even judgement calls like block/charge.

That chunky center for NCS was getting away with murder under the basket. Twice in the second half he threw an obvious elbow in clearing out for a put back.

If Kentucky loses, I wonder if that is the last straw for Calipari.
$35M is a tough straw even for an SEC school to swallow. At least for basketball. I think he's there for a couple more years no matter what.

I am hearing that this is a close call. A lot of supporters/booster want a change, but that there are no obvious candidates to take over.

The money won't be an issue - its payable in monthly installments over the life of the contract, and there is off-set language if Calipari takes another job.

Oregon has been dragging since end of second half. They look totally spent physically.
Literally had five playable guys left in a double OT game. Just ran out of gas, against a team that was already a bit better. Only two payers scored in the entire second half!
Yes, Couisnard and Dante totally carried the team. Courageous effort.
60 out of 73 points, wow. Lack of healthy depth with such a short turnaround between games is a killer but they should definitely be proud of how they played.

That chunky center for NCS was getting away with murder under the basket. Twice in the second half he threw an obvious elbow in clearing out for a put back.
I didn't see this game but he was doing the same in their game against Tech.

Damn Oregon choked. Would have been in great shape to win the pool because we had them 5 times. (Most games won,
pick 10 teams, can play a team as many times as you want at or above their seed).

Terrible idea to let a freshman inbound and then throw to the worst free throw shooter on the floor. Also didn’t score for almost 5 minutes at the end of regulation.

Damn Oregon choked. Would have been in great shape to win the pool because we had them 5 times. (Most games won,
pick 10 teams, can play a team as many times as you want at or above their seed).

Terrible idea to let a freshman inbound and then throw to the worst free throw shooter on the floor. Also didn’t score for almost 5 minutes at the end of regulation.
Their best free throw shooter is the point guard who got hurt and was out of the game. He would have been in instead of Dante. Even so, should have called a timeout rather than pass it to Dante. Tough loss but lack of depth due to injuries was comical this year. Proud of how they showed so short handed and you are correct they should have won in regulation had not everything go the other way in the last minute.

Had the creighton-Oregon over in a parlay and figured it was dead in the water but passed out before the end of the regulation. Wonderful surprise to wake up to.

Jim Nantz being in all of these commercials sparked a thought:

CBS had to pick up the phone and ask Nantz to fill in when it became known Gumble wasnt going to have to sit this one out. And it ended with Nantz not being there. It might have been an interesting conversation.

Go Wolfpack! :wolf:

7 neutral site wins in 12 days: Louisville, Syracuse, Duke, UVA in OT, UNC, Texas Tech, and Cinderella Oakland in OT. On to Marquette... State is 3-2 all time vs. Marquette, with the first of those wins in the 1974 national championship game. This one will presumably be harder than that one...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread