What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (1 Viewer)

My god, these refs are trying to win the game for Baylor. Ridiculous fouls being called on Clemson and not on Baylor.

My god, these refs are trying to win the game for Baylor. Ridiculous fouls being called on Clemson and not on Baylor.

Baylor returned the favor with that awful foul shooting. Felt bad for that 80% freshman choking it away in such a big game.

. . . Houston . . . Looking at the bracket, it's definitely conceivable that the Nebraska/A&M winner could knock them out in the 2nd round. They would probably rather see Texas A&M than Nebraska. . .
I don't know how Nebraska would have faired but UH probably would rather not see A&M again in hindsight. Depth is still the big issue for UH; whether injuries or foul trouble like what we saw yesterday. Gonna enjoy that win but still hard to see them coming out of that bracket with likely Duke and Marquette matchups ahead.

. . . Houston . . . Looking at the bracket, it's definitely conceivable that the Nebraska/A&M winner could knock them out in the 2nd round. They would probably rather see Texas A&M than Nebraska. . .
I don't know how Nebraska would have faired but UH probably would rather not see A&M again in hindsight. Depth is still the big issue for UH; whether injuries or foul trouble like what we saw yesterday. Gonna enjoy that win but still hard to see them coming out of that bracket with likely Duke and Marquette matchups ahead.
Houston has the feeling that they aren't long for this season... That said, I think they might have more top end talent than either Duke or Marquette. Depth is a real issue though and if one of their starters is off, it's good bye.

As somebody who doesn’t watch much college hoops during the year but has Houston in every bracket and pool, it was unsettling to see some dork waltz off the bench and the announcers be like “this is his third free throw of the year!”

As somebody who doesn’t watch much college hoops during the year but has Houston in every bracket and pool, it was unsettling to see some dork waltz off the bench and the announcers be like “this is his third free throw of the year!”
Fifth actually.. lol.. He was 3 for 4 for the YEAR... and now 4 for 6.. I half expected to see him shoot it two handed, underhand. #ollie

I originally had them slotted to win it all but after seeing Iowa St. crush them by 28 in their Conference Final, I revised my brackets.

Last edited:

I originally had them slotted to win it all but after seeing the Coogs get pummeled by 28 in their Conference Final to Iowa St., I revised my brackets.

Them and North Carolina are really the only "vulnerable" one seeds according to the metrics. North Carolina should have been a three seed efficiency wise, and Houston is a little worse in games against tough competition than the other ones and even twos. I dont think anything has changed to suggest anyone other than UConn as the clear favorite at this point.

I originally had them slotted to win it all but after seeing the Coogs get pummeled by 28 in their Conference Final to Iowa St., I revised my brackets.

Them and North Carolina are really the only "vulnerable" one seeds according to the metrics. North Carolina should have been a three seed efficiency wise, and Houston is a little worse in games against tough competition than the other ones and even twos. I dont think anything has changed to suggest anyone other than UConn as the clear favorite at this point.
If anyone other than Northwestern played UConn yesterday, that might have been the chance. they were something like 3-22 from three point land. That’s probably not going to happen again. Purdue would need a perfectly scripted game to play out in order to beat them. Get them in foul trouble, limit the TOs and shoot 50% from three. They did that yesterday against Utah St….but we shall see.

If anyone other than Northwestern played UConn yesterday, that might have been the chance. they were something like 3-22 from three point land. That’s probably not going to happen again. Purdue would need a perfectly scripted game to play out in order to beat them. Get them in foul trouble, limit the TOs and shoot 50% from three. They did that yesterday against Utah St….but we shall see.
Yeah that just speaks to how good UConn is. They go 3-22 from 3 and still beat a top 40ish kenpom team by almost 20.

I'm actually rooting against them though. In my big bracket pools I went against them to gain leverage from the crowd.

Yeah that just speaks to how good UConn is. They go 3-22 from 3 and still beat a top 40ish kenpom team by almost 20.

I'm actually rooting against them though. In my big bracket pools I went against them to gain leverage from the crowd.
Well Northwestern was down two starters from that ranking and frankly they just aren’t very deep.

Watching this Iowa/WVU game on now. The NCAA has completely lost their mind with these late game video reviews. 3-4 minutes for an out of bounds call. Run-of-the-mill fouls being reviewed for no reason. The last 2 minutes of game time takes an absurd amount of time. I know it's been like this for a while but it seems like it's getting worse.

Houston has the feeling that they aren't long for this season... That said, I think they might have more top end talent than either Duke or Marquette. Depth is a real issue though and if one of their starters is off, it's good bye.
Depth is obviously a problem, but Texas A&M just wasn't a good matchup for them. Their game is built through their defense, which is neutralized when playing against hero ball. Bad shots from that offense is better than the turnovers created from most. Duke's gotta hit some 3's early to loosen things up or I think their youth may get over matched.

Users who are viewing this thread