What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (3 Viewers)

On the FDU/Purdue game, Purdue had about a million wide-open 3s and couldn't make them. Then they, one player by one player, started to turtle up as the 2nd half wound down. All of the Boilermakers looked like they were on quaaludes.

FDU out-hustled them and seemed to get every loose ball. Don't wanna hear about the refs, either. Painter was right in his post-game comments when he said they got outplayed and outcoached.

FDU out-hustled them and seemed to get every loose ball. Don't wanna hear about the refs, either. Painter was right in his post-game comments when he said they got outplayed and outcoached.
I was rooting for FDU, but I did question some of those calls. I also seriously questioned some of the last minute plays, or non plays, by Purdue. If memory serves, there was a point where, down 5 with less than 30 seconds, one of the guards passed up a chance for an open 3 and drove to the hole? That decision seemed... less than optimal.

I was rooting for FDU, but I did question some of those calls. I also seriously questioned some of the last minute plays, or non plays, by Purdue. If memory serves, there was a point where, down 5 with less than 30 seconds, one of the guards passed up a chance for an open 3 and drove to the hole? That decision seemed... less than optimal.
As knuckle-headed as Steve Lappas can be, he rightly pointed out that Gillen (sp?) looked like he was afraid to shoot. Then it seemed to trickle down to the others. The one kid kept shooting (and missing), but the rest curled up into the fetal position.

This was a perfect storm. Purdue beats that team badly 99/100 times. FDU isn't some sleeping giant. They got back-doored into this thing because the NCAA is stupid and wouldn't let the real conference champ in.

Purdue had a wonderful season. They took the belt in a really good league, twice. Their lack of an on-floor leader hurt them last night.

I'm amazed how good some of these teams have become at delivering a pass from the top of the key to players of all sizes in the paint for a turnaround 10 footer. That used to be a tough pass to make. Guess the D is so spread out chasing shooters that it opens that lane up. Tenn and SDSU both have used it very well.

I can't believe the foul differential in the second half of the Duke Tenn game... never thought I'd see the day

I've rooted against Dook since their battles vs Tark the Shark

I don't really know what defenders are supposed to do. You drive to the basket, lower your shoulder and barrel into the defender that's moving parallel, and they call a defensive foul almost every time. The lamest part of basketball.

Has there ever been a final four without a 1 seed? How about an elite 8?

There have only been two Final Fours without at least one No. 1 seed since the tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985. In the last 20 years, a No. 1 seed has made the Final Four every year except 2006. In 2006, 3 of them made the Elite 8 though, so there's never been a year without any in the Elite 8.

I think Bama cruises to the E8 though.

Purdue beats that team badly 99/100 times. FDU isn't some sleeping giant.
FDU isn’t a great team but I’m not sure this is true - Purdue looked so slow in comparison - I think they’re built to do well in the perennial over-rated B1G - but they’ve now been exposed two years in a row playing quick hustle based teams.
Edey is so crazy slow and stiff - his size is easily negated by quicker more athletic players.

FDU isn’t a great team but I’m not sure this is true - Purdue looked so slow in comparison - I think they’re built to do well in the perennial over-rated B1G - but they’ve now been exposed two years in a row playing quick hustle based teams.
Edey is so crazy slow and stiff - his size is easily negated by quicker more athletic players.

Edey had 21 and 15 on 7-11 shooting. Not really his fault Purdue lost. They lost because they went 5-26 from three and their freshmen guards had 10 turnovers.

Edey had 21 and 15 on 7-11 shooting. Not really his fault Purdue lost. They lost because they went 5-26 from three and their freshmen guards had 10 turnovers.
It’s not at all. I was a bit unfair. He carried them all season. At the end of the game when they were swarming him (because of poor team shooting) he turned the ball over and was blocked a few times. I was letting the end of game influence me too much.

When I was referring to speed, I meant the whole tram really. FDU made them look so slow.

I actually picked Purdue to win it after watching a lot of the B1G Tournament so maybe I’m just bitter about my stupidity.

It’s not at all. I was a bit unfair. He carried them all season. At the end of the game when they were swarming him (because of poor team shooting) he turned the ball over and was blocked a few times. I was letting the end of game influence me too much.

When I was referring to speed, I meant the whole tram really. FDU made them look so slow.

I actually picked Purdue to win it after watching a lot of the B1G Tournament so maybe I’m just bitter about my stupidity.

Maybe they will be like UVA and win it all the year after losing to a 16 seed. Assuming Edey returns.

Purdue looked slow compared to almost everyone they played this year. They just couldn't execute against FDU.

Maryland got their expected slap-down against Bama. They needed to shoot lights-out to hang around and couldn't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread