What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA BRACKET POOL :: QUARTERS #1 (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
1 - Icon - 960
2 - gmbacm - 214
3 - Prince Myshkin - AWAITING ROLL
4 - East Coast Bias - 519
5 - Broadway G - 486
6 - RUDE - 708
7 - PaulPogo - 841
8 - Usual 21 - 616

After you sign up please roll for draft order...Go to http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/?op=&dq=1&ds=1000&mds=6&dt=1

Roll 1 d 1000 +0 and sum them all

Roll this set of dice ONE time

Put in your email
1) My email
2) FBG Username (DO NOT FORGET THIS PLEASE)

Highest Roll goes first and so on

It's a zero sum spreadsheet where 8 people draft 8 teams each.
"Points" are then awarded based on wins in successive rounds.

How it works:
• 8 people each draft 8 teams (serpentine, randomly generated order).
• You get points based on the seed # times the round of the tournament, so if you have a 12 seed win a 2nd round game, you get 24 points.
• It is a zero sum game, so if you win a point, you win $1.75 and everyone else loses $0.25
• Cash settlements are due via Paypal within 1 week of the end of the tournament.
• I will organize the payouts to minimize the number of transactions.
• The Draft will start once everthing is full and shouldn't take more than 1hr if everyone is online... hell it could take as little as 5-10 minutes.

At the end of the tourney we settle up via PayPal
LHUCKS is not allowed to play..neither is Linus Scrimmage

DRAFT DETAILS (proposed):
BEGINS: MONDAY at NOON ET
CLOCK: 1 hour per pick (quicker picks encouraged - missed pick are skipped but can jump in anytime)
CLOCK ACTIVE: 10am - 6pm ET
LAG CLAUSE: If we're not at least into the 7th round at start of day Wednesday we move to a 30 minute clock and clock remains active until all picks are made.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent to you also icon

Code:
1d1000, rolled once.Roll set 1Die rolls: 214Roll subtotal: 214Roll total: 214

Capped at Usual 21 unless someone wants to get in as an alternate in the event one of the two tentatives doesn't come through...

Copied Rude:

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 960

Roll subtotal: 960

Roll total: 960

Damnit... I hate first pick... normally would try to trade down but I'll be on vacation in Destin thru Tuesday so I'll benefit from picking at the ends (less likely to slow things down)....

Lol, how is this even started already. We always gather interest, but never have started rolling early..... In the 2nd one.

In next couple when they start up :) . I have meeting to go to but if someone starts one put me in and I will be back in a bit to check. Looking to get in a couple and maybe a dollar or .50$ as well. If no one starts them up I will start 1 or 2 later.

DRAFT DETAILS (proposed):

BEGINS: MONDAY at NOON ET

CLOCK: 1 hour per pick (quicker picks encouraged - missed pick are skipped but can jump in anytime)

CLOCK ACTIVE: 10am - 6pm ET

LAG CLAUSE: If we're not at least into the 7th round at start of day Wednesday we move to a 30 minute clock and clock remains active until all picks are made.

Thoughts?

Screen Cap received... waiting on Prince.

Anyone object to the rules?

Rules are fine, but this IS quarters, right? The rules state the following:

• It is a zero sum game, so if you win a point, you win $7 and everyone else loses $1

Is this supposed to say we win $1.75 and everyone loses $0.25, right?

• It is a zero sum game, so if you win a point, you win $7 and everyone else loses $1

Sorry just cut and pasted from the other thread... which was cut and pasted from the original rules (which were quarters based) back when I ported this over half a decade ago :lmao: Fixing.. sorry guys.

'r0llin_game said:
Lol, how is this even started already. We always gather interest, but never have started rolling early..... In the 2nd one.
I'm in for the 2nd one if/when it takes place. Thanks!

Sorry just cut and pasted from the other thread... which was cut and pasted from the original rules (which were quarters based) back when I ported this over half a decade ago :lmao: Fixing.. sorry guys.
That's what I figured. Just didn't want a you guys owing me more money that than you really should :banned:

1.01 icon

1.02 paulpogo

1.03 RUDE

1.04 Usual 21

1.05 East Coast Bias

1.06 Prince Myshkin

1.07 Broadway G

1.08 gmbacm

2.01 gmbacm

2.02 Broadway G

2.03 Prince Myshkin

2.04 East Coast Bias

2.05 Usual 21

2.06 RUDE

2.07 paulpogo

2.08 icon

3.01 icon

3.02 paulpogo

3.03 RUDE

3.04 Usual 21

3.05 East Coast Bias

3.06 Prince Myshkin

3.07 Broadway G

3.08 gmbacm

4.01 gmbacm

4.02 Broadway G

4.03 Prince Myshkin

4.04 East Coast Bias

4.05 Usual 21

4.06 RUDE

4.07 paulpogo

4.08 icon

5.01 icon

5.02 paulpogo

5.03 RUDE

5.04 Usual 21

5.05 East Coast Bias

5.06 Prince Myshkin

5.07 Broadway G

5.08 gmbacm

6.01 gmbacm

6.02 Broadway G

6.03 Prince Myshkin

6.04 East Coast Bias

6.05 Usual 21

6.06 RUDE

6.07 paulpogo

6.08 icon

7.01 icon

7.02 paulpogo

7.03 RUDE

7.04 Usual 21

7.05 East Coast Bias

7.06 Prince Myshkin

7.07 Broadway G

7.08 gmbacm

8.01 gmbacm

8.02 Broadway G

8.03 Prince Myshkin

8.04 East Coast Bias

8.05 Usual 21

8.06 RUDE

8.07 paulpogo

8.08 icon

• You get points based on the seed # times the round of the tournament, so if you have a 12 seed win a 2nd round game, you get 24 points.
just to be clear, opposite of what the media seems to be saying, playins are round 0?. Thurs/Fri is round 1. So if your team wins on Thurs/Fri you get the seed * 1 for that game correct?

If yo can't pick try to provide a list

I haven't even had a chance to look at a bracket... Currently6 beers into a morning on the beach in Destin, FL.

I guess I'll take minnesota n since mumbles picked them #2 overall in the other bracket :)

1.01 MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS

If yo can't pick try to provide a list I haven't even had a chance to look at a bracket... Currently6 beers into a morning on the beach in Destin, FL. I guess I'll take minnesota n since mumbles picked them #2 overall in the other bracket :)
No pressure. Just want to get this ball rollin...6 beers in while hanging out in Destin, FL = :suds:

Users who are viewing this thread