What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Week 10 (1 Viewer)

Devin Knotts

Footballguy
Figured I would start this off with some discussion.

Just a heads up, we have heard your feedback about the Tuesday/Wednesday slate and are currently working on a way to have a slate writeup (or a short form of it) as the mid-week MACtion is a great way to enjoy some football for those that are as bad at DFS NBA as I am.

Some key things to watch

Kyler Murray's salary

Jarret Stidham's salary

TCU vs Oklahoma State (O/U might be >100)

Cincinnati vs Houston (Kiel vs Ward)

Markell Jones emergence if DJ Knox is unable to go

It's going to be tough, because I like Lamb and Terrell and Stidham is such an unknown. I need to watch more high school film tonight.

Cincy Houston could get fun

ETA:meaning Cincy offense is clicking but will probably be trading scores with Ward

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent really looked too much. Between setting hockey for tonight and actually working I only had time to enter some placeholders. $8400 is definitely on the low end of what they should have set it at. Anything in the 7's would be a gimme, and up in the 9's would be too risky, but I think they hit the sweet spot to get me to bite.

I havent really looked too much. Between setting hockey for tonight and actually working I only had time to enter some placeholders. $8400 is definitely on the low end of what they should have set it at. Anything in the 7's would be a gimme, and up in the 9's would be too risky, but I think they hit the sweet spot to get me to bite.
Absolutely agree with this. The pricing seems to be perfect where you have to make a decision.

I am going to likely start him in cash and fade him in GPP's, but we'll see.

Are you guys going to be able to do one for Fanduel too this week?

Edit: Really most curious about how you would rank the big 3 receivers this week. I have them Coleman, Lewis, Braverman. And if you think its worth paying up for 2 of them at the expense of going with guys like Greene and Walker at RB, or if something like Corey Jones (WR) and Bougnan (RB) would be safer for cash?

NixonMask said:
Are you guys going to be able to do one for Fanduel too this week?

Edit: Really most curious about how you would rank the big 3 receivers this week. I have them Coleman, Lewis, Braverman. And if you think its worth paying up for 2 of them at the expense of going with guys like Greene and Walker at RB, or if something like Corey Jones (WR) and Bougnan (RB) would be safer for cash?
The challenge with FanDuel is that it is an 8 game slate, so the Tuesday-Wednesday is not broken out separately. I personally am not a fan especially in college football of playing a slate that has such a high percentage of games two days away with no late swap. J.T. Barrett is a prime example of this, one of the only Sophmore captains in Ohio State history getting a DUI which is completely outside of his character. Obviously these are the outlier situations, but with no late swap it makes it difficult.

We will definitely have a mid-week slate writeup next week, as there appears to be a four game slate that they should break out. Andrew Katz will still have his Thursday/Friday slate breakdown and we will have projections for the Thursday/Friday slate.

I would rank the wide receivers Lewis, Coleman, Braverman. The last game of Braverman's was an absolute outlier due to game script. Obviously all three are great plays, but with how expensive Coleman is compared to the relatively uncertain outcome of Stidham, it makes it hard for me to play him.

With the uncertainty around Coleman and Braverman coming off a bad game, I think that if I play this slate, I will likely go with Lewis and Bouagnon. If you want to differentiate yourself with Stidham, this slate is not a bad one to do it as his ownership percentage will be lower on this slate compared to his ownership on the Thur-Fri slate, Matt Johnson will be popular.

I will try to put together a few lineups and share them on here.

Looks good. Im going with

Stidham
Butler
Cox
Lewis
Jones
Deiter
Hutcherson

I could drop Hutcherson to a complete punt and Deiter to someone like McGill or Tres Houston and swap Cox up to Bouganan or Linwood, maybe Joens to Golladay too, but think this is a bit safer for cash.

I'm trying to build a lineup and keep falling $100 or $200 short. Not a huge fan of the lower end tight ends, really trying to find a way to get Weiser in the lineup but not sure I'll be able to.

Well I don't like my lineup at all, two very risky wide receivers

I went

Terrell

Butler

Cox

Lewis

Richardson

Williams

Weiser

Had a few shares of Bouagnon last night. Disappointed that Hare got injured, as Toledo was just selling out to stop the run at that point.

I was happy to hit on Golladay. I initially had Stidham and C.Jones in. I opted to switch after reading the cracking fanduel article/rankings. Thanks for that insight, appreciate that bonus info this week. At least I have a positive step to build on for my lone gpp entry for the slate. Hope Terrell can rebound in the passing department this week.

Yeah, 102 and 1 isn't the game I thought he would have, but hard to be disappointed with 20 points. I should have had more Travis Greene in my lineups than what I have, but he is one of those guys that you can't ever see a 3 td game out of him one of those fluke games. He was cheap on FanDuel, but he had been so bad this season that it was hard to trust.

Want to go on a Gehrig Dieter tangent, he looked absolutely great week one and then largely disappeared after that. Have started him a few times this year and been burned by his inconsistency.

I know, Deiter was far and away the 3rd best WR play on BGSU. But I take great pride in my ability to identify, and then fade anyway, inconsistent WRs that are about to blow up.

Greene was interesting. His price was obviously lower than it should have been this week but if its up to $7000 next week can you roster him with any confidence? I dont think I can.

I know, Deiter was far and away the 3rd best WR play on BGSU. But I take great pride in my ability to identify, and then fade anyway, inconsistent WRs that are about to blow up.

Greene was interesting. His price was obviously lower than it should have been this week but if its up to $7000 next week can you roster him with any confidence? I dont think I can.
I can't play him with any confidence, the only reason I wrote him up on the crackingdraftkings and crackingfanduel is because of the price. Obviously it depends on the other options, but one game won't change my perception.

IVC's are up. One thing to note is that we make a significant number of changes on Fridays based on practice reports and injury reports, so this is to be used only for the Thursday game slates. It can be used as a general idea for the Saturday slate, but we make an update around noon on Friday which incorporates a lot of the injury reports that come out, some key positional battles etc. As always lets start some discussion on here around lineups.

FanDuel

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=tremblay_CFB15FanDuel10

DraftKings

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=tremblay_CFB15DraftKings10

Well Devin, I didnt want to, but I took your advice and have Williams. Corey Davis is making that not so painful.

Yeah Ball State has been horrible, their quarterback badly underthrew what would have been a wide open touchdown.

Garbage time Second Half maybe?

Good stuff from Stidham/Terrell, Coleman/Davis right now. J. Williams & Weiser hurting me though. Bad night for rb's too, do any of them have over 10pts so far?

Dont think so. Probably just means Butler is going to have a career night to bone anyone who didnt roster him.

Marcus Cox with 9 carries for 16 yards might be the surprise of the day, thankfully he has four receptions for 39 yards.

Going into today he was averaging 5.5 yards per carry and every game over 75 yards so far this season. Will be interesting to see if he gets going in the second half.

It's almost like Corey Coleman is better with Stidham, which is ridiculously scary.

Was expecting there would be some fall off with Stidham, but it's the opposite he's just locked on to Coleman. I think our projections/writeups next week should just say "START".

He really should be the Heisman winner.

Really wish the Western Michigan game would have stayed close. The spread was actually lower than the Baylor game, so the blowout was really unexpected. Terrell had almost 300 yards in the first half, so it could have been one of those ridiculous 500+ yard games that we sometimes see in college.

Its looking like i am gonna be O'fer yet again. Terrell/Braverman was not the right combo. I need Jackson to go crazy. I had hopes this week would be better.

The running backs in the games mid-week have been brutal. I think Im going to skip Friday so theres no chance another night of wonky games makes me want to skip the real games on Saturday.

I think it will be alot of Greg Ward and Wendell Smallwood for me.

I think for tonight's slate if you had Coleman you cashed if you didnt, well you didnt. I had him in one gpp, but not with Davis and the backs i had were garbage.

That may be mostly true, but Stidham is the reason. People who paid up for Coleman were likely to stack him with Stidham, who also put up 35 points. People who had Davis, or Braverman likely had Terrel. Who had a good night with 25 points, and on a full Saturday slate youd probably be happy with that score, but not when stacked against Stidham and Coleman on a small slate.

Users who are viewing this thread