What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Week 8 (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Here's what I got for the Tue - Fri slate

• QB
    Paxton Lynch Recent news
    MEMPH@TULSA8:00PM
    $9,300
  • RB
    Elijah McGuire
    ULL@ARKST8:00PM
    $6,700
  • RB
    Jahad Thomas Recent news
    TEMPL@ECAR7:00PM
    $9,400
  • WR
    Trevon Brown
    $4,700
  • WR
    Isaiah Jones Recent news
    $5,700
  • WR
    Jordan Payton Recent news
    CAL@UCLA9:00PM
    $6,700
  • TE
    Daniel Montiel
    MEMPH@TULSA8:00PM
    $2,400

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to be more into the App - GaSouthern game but both teams seem to run a lot and use multiple backs.

10/20 8:00 PM
301 Louisiana-Lafayette
302 Arkansas State
-7½ -10
60½u-10

AKS-RB-Michael Gordon-Probable | TV: ESPN2, DTV: 209 | FAIR, SOUTH WIND 2-7. GAME TEMP 64, RH 50% 10/22 7:30 PM
305 Georgia Southern
306 Appalachian State
61u-10
-6 -05

Time-change to 07:30pm EDT | TV: ESPNU, DTV: 208 10/22 7:00 PM

307 Temple
308 East Carolina
54u-10
-1½ -10

ECU-QB-Kurt Benkert-OUT | TV: ESPN2, DTV: 209 10/22 9:00 PM

309 California
310 UCLA
65½u-10
-3½ -10

TV: ESPN, DTV: 206 10/23 8:00 PM

311 Memphis
312 Tulsa
-11 -10
74u-10

TUS-WR-Keevan Lucas-OUT | TV: ESPN, DTV: 206 10/23 10:30 PM

313 Utah State
314 San Diego State
-5 -10
46u-10

Saturday early is ridiculous

Ward and Russell 10.5 over
To be fair, it was probably time to make it so that Ward and Russell were over 10k. FD this season has been just start the most expensive guy on the board as their pricing has been too soft all year.

I'm personally very very happy that you can't stack Russell and Coleman without making major sacrifices.

For tues-fri I am taking a blind stab with this...

Evans 7900

Thomas 9400

McGuire 6700

I.Jones 5700

Garrett 6500

Lawler 6300

Montiel 2400

I went for the cheaper option for the Memphis/Tulsa shoot out, not sure if that was smart or not. I was considering Duarte over Lawler due to weaker pass defense, but went with Lawler even though a tougher match up. Thoughts or words of wisdom?

For tues-fri I am taking a blind stab with this...

Evans 7900

Thomas 9400

McGuire 6700

I.Jones 5700

Garrett 6500

Lawler 6300

Montiel 2400

I went for the cheaper option for the Memphis/Tulsa shoot out, not sure if that was smart or not. I was considering Duarte over Lawler due to weaker pass defense, but went with Lawler even though a tougher match up. Thoughts or words of wisdom?
I prefer Lawler over Duarte.

I'm personally not paying up for Jahad, mostly because I'm only doing GPP's, ECU has a pretty strong defense, and feel he will be overowned. Matt Breida also has similar upside.

Here is my lineup.

Goff

Breida

Langer

Brown

Lawler

Atkinson

Montiel

I'm glad someone has breida

I'm local to the fella.

I had him couple weeks ago against GAST

When he got like 42 pts

Beast and he gets most of the carries

Everything I know about NCAA DFS says target the game with the O/U 10 points higher than the rest of the slate. Everything my eyesballs told me last week say Tulsa straight up quit on the season without Lucas. Memphis here I come!

Salaries are hard though. Paxton Lynch, Jahad Thomas, and Stephen Anderson are must plays for me but dont leave alot of flexibility anywhere else. Locks me into either Chris Hairston, or hopefully we hear some good things about Daniel Lasco in practice with his $5400 price.

Projections are posted along with the Interactive Value Chart's. Interactive value charts links are posted below. All of our content can be found by clicking on the DraftKings and FanDuel buttons on the main screen

The Thur/Fri article is a little weak. The author keeps referencing better options on the slate but never ids one of them.

The Thur/Fri article is a little weak. The author keeps referencing better options on the slate but never ids one of them.
Thanks for the feedback I'll be sure to share it with Andrew.

Can you private message me with more specifics, so I can discuss with him.

He identified some cash game plays and GPP plays as well as name players who are a better option such as "At his price point of 6,700, we prefer the Memphis receivers (Atkinson and Garrett) that are similarly priced, and even consider Cal’s Kenny Lawler a slightly better option."

Always appreciate any feedback you guys have as we are developing the content further in year one, we spend a significant amount of time on the content so any way we can make it better is always great to hear.

Thanks for the feedback I'll be sure to share it with Andrew.

Can you private message me with more specifics, so I can discuss with him.

He identified some cash game plays and GPP plays as well as name players who are a better option such as "At his price point of 6,700, we prefer the Memphis receivers (Atkinson and Garrett) that are similarly priced, and even consider Cal’s Kenny Lawler a slightly better option."

Always appreciate any feedback you guys have as we are developing the content further in year one, we spend a significant amount of time on the content so any way we can make it better is always great to hear.
Will get to it later while I watch the game.

Gonna give the Saturday slate on Draftpot a go. No salary cap so just made a lineup based on the top projected guys.

Gonna give the Saturday slate on Draftpot a go. No salary cap so just made a lineup based on the top projected guys.
You'd be better served by using Devin's material and playing salary cap slates.
I have tried that will very little success. I end up picking the wrong low price guys every time.

I'm using his projections to make the roster so we will see how it goes. It could go just as bad as it has on DraftKings but may as well give it a shot.

He's fine. Was joking with trainers on an exercise bike. Coach was just smart enough not to risk real injury in a game they were never losing.

On another note, anyone else think Cal head coach had Lawler on his DFS team? Leaving his QB in, taking multiple TOs with a minute left and they keep running short routes to Lawler? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

You'd be better served by using Devin's material and playing salary cap slates.
I have tried that will very little success. I end up picking the wrong low price guys every time.

I'm using his projections to make the roster so we will see how it goes. It could go just as bad as it has on DraftKings but may as well give it a shot.
One thing you can do is send a private message on here and spot check a lineup, which some people have done. Draftpot is fun, but can be a crapshoot at times, especially at the qb position.

I have been doing better in CFB than Pro. I have been using the IVC but not follwing it to the T. If I didnt become a subcriber I dont think I would ever have attempted CFB DFS.

I've been using the interactive FBG FD college tool and having 0 success the last few weeks.
Couple things I can recommend:

1) I highly recommend reading the slate previews that are posted for each slate and for each site. These will give more clarity into the projections that should be able to help build a lineup. The projections while they are useful should not be the end all be all, as they do not factor in any variance a player may have. For example, the disparity between a players floor and their ceiling could be huge which is the type of player that you want for a GPP, but in a cash game format you may not necessarily want that player.

2) Read our pre-season articles which outline how to build cash game lineups and things to look for when building them.

Cash Game Strategy

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2015CFBDraftkings

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2015CFBFanduelCashGame

3) Feel free to reach out to me on here via private message or email knotts@footballguys.com and I will do what I can to help check your lineup to make sure it fits your game type.

4) It could just be variance, no projection system is going to win every single week, but there are some people on here who have done very well using the projections.

The one thing that I will say, is I take more enjoyment when you guys when than when I do, so if there is anyway that I can help please let me know.

Ive been using the IVC with mixed success, break even overall or close to it. But I play a very limited amount of CFB because my overall knowledge is much weaker there than in NFL. Prefer not to rely to much on others projections which I have to do in college because I just don't have the knowledge or the time. Will continue to play it lightly but unless I get the time to become really knowledgeable I don't think I will ever play it much.

James Daulton said:
I've been using the interactive FBG FD college tool and having 0 success the last few weeks.
Are you playing all the slates?

What I'm finding is that I'm doing well using the IVC in 2 out of 3 slates.

Devin Knotts said:
James Daulton said:

1) I highly recommend reading the slate previews that are posted for each slate and for each site. These will give more clarity into the projections that should be able to help build a lineup. The projections while they are useful should not be the end all be all, as they do not factor in any variance a player may have. For example, the disparity between a players floor and their ceiling could be huge which is the type of player that you want for a GPP, but in a cash game format you may not necessarily want that player.

2) Read our pre-season articles which outline how to build cash game lineups and things to look for when building them.

Cash Game Strategy

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2015CFBFanduelCashGame

3) Feel free to reach out to me on here via private message or email knotts@footballguys.com and I will do what I can to help check your lineup to make sure it fits your game type.

4) It could just be variance, no projection system is going to win every single week, but there are some people on here who have done very well using the projections.

The one thing that I will say, is I take more enjoyment when you guys when than when I do, so if there is anyway that I can help please let me know.
Appreciate the thoughts. I was just wondering if others were having success. I'll do as you've suggested and I do think the breadth and depth of information is awesome.

Here's the lineup construction that has been working for me.

1. Pay for the best QBs. The IVC always says to spend on guys like Ward Jr. Generally the IVC is actually low on the predicted production.

2. Pick a stud RB for your RB1 position.

3. Scour the IVC for cheap guys predicted to produce numbers at RB/WR. Find several of those guys and sprinkle them across several lineups.

4. Scour the FD ppg history for any guys the IVC might have missed. I think their algorithm requires a minimum number of recent games so guys coming back from injury sometimes get missed. Sometimes smaller school guys get mixed. Sprinkle one or two of these guys into the mix of guys in 3.

5. Find a group of 6-8 semi-studs from the IVC and the articles to fill in the rest of the lineup.

6. Read this thread for breaking news that might elevate a cheap guy to someone who you can count on for production.

I've generally been playing 6-12 lineups per slate in the $2 and $5 gpps. I've been building these lineups like cash game lineups and they still seem to produce. If I feel good about the lineups, I'll enter each of them in a $1 or $2 50/50. What I'm seeing is that 1-2 lineups will cash nicely, 1-2 will double up. That's enough to cover the losing lineups and profit in 2 out of 3 slates.

Occasionally I'll build a gpp lineup with a cheap QB. This hasn't worked out well. Occasionally I'll focus on stacks and that hasn't worked out great. What I'm finding is that a WR can have a good day without the QB going off and definitely vice versa with all the running QBs.

Devin and crew are very good at what they do. Just keep pounding all the slates so you don't happen to catch the bad slates and miss the ones they are money on.

Few thoughts on the FanDuel early slate for GPP after spending most of the morning combing through stats:

QB-It's so tough to fade Seth Russell despite his high price. He's just on fire. Greg Ward is right there too. Marquise Williams is another nice option and saves you a little bit of money vs. the top two. If going cheap, Mason Rudolph and Connor Cook stand out and give you an extra $3,000 or so to upgrade a couple other positions.

RB- The top guys like Henry, Collins, Linwood, etc. are all pretty fairly priced and good options if you can afford them. Tough to roster one if you pay $10k for Ward or Russell though. If you fade Russell, Linwood makes a lot of sense to me. Baylor's probably going to score a lot and if you bet against Russell, that means Linwood should have a nice game. I like a pair of B1G true freshmen in Saquon Barkley and LJ Scott. Both are priced very reasonably and have a good chance to score multiple touchdowns and put up 100+ yards. Intrigued by Kareem Hunt from Toledo also, but need to do a bit more research on him. Elijah Hood of UNC is also interesting. I think he's a super talented runner but they just don't seem to want to give him the 20 carries per game he deserves. Maybe that changes this week?

WR- It feels like Corey Coleman is finally getting too expensive, but he's been so good. Can't really put together a lineup I like with him, but I get it if you go that direction. Liking Marks, Dom Williams, Burbridge, Jay Lee and Artavis Scott as decent options in the mid-range. For under 6k, Calvin Ridley, Ricky Jones, David Glidden, Canaan Severin and Simmie Cobbs stand out. Not seeing anyone under 5k that really stands out. Maybe Godwin or Hamilton from PSU if you're desperate to save some money? Open to suggestions on bargains there.

TE- Feels like a week to try to go cheap. Like Josiah Price from Sparty at the minimum. Mills and Leggett have been hot the last couple weeks, but having trouble fitting them in without any really cheap RB/WR really standing out and don't really love the matchup for either of them.

James Daulton said:
I've won at CFB for 3 out of the 4 weeks I've played.

I like using the IVC for help with TE and WR 3 or RB 2. Without that help, I'd really be struggling. But ultimately, I feel like you should have an idea or two on your own that goes above and beyond the IVC. I don't think you can win much following it to the T.

I only play the Saturday morning slate because that is really all I have time to focus on.

I'll send you a PM with a tip for this week for whatever it is worth. :2cents:

James Daulton said:
I've won at CFB for 3 out of the 4 weeks I've played.

I like using the IVC for help with TE and WR 3 or RB 2. Without that help, I'd really be struggling. But ultimately, I feel like you should have an idea or two on your own that goes above and beyond the IVC. I don't think you can win much following it to the T.

I only play the Saturday morning slate because that is really all I have time to focus on.

I'll send you a PM with a tip for this week for whatever it is worth. :2cents:
I'll take a PM too...

The IVC has been best on the morning slate, weaker on the evening slate, and strong again on the late nite slate since I started playing. I also would argue that you can win following it to the T if you play all the slates.

QB-It's so tough to fade Seth Russell despite his high price.
I'm staying away this week for the most part due to the opponent. My only losing week was when Baylor played Kansas and Russell sat out the second half. Iowa State is slightly better than Kansas, but I still hate the thought of losing half the game to bench time.

Looking at this lineup for early on DK

QB Russell

QB Allen

RB Barkley

RB Harrington

WR Godwin

WR Mills

WR Dom Williams

FL Burbridge

FL Gallman

Debated going two mid priced QBs or Russell and a cheaper one but decided Russell is tough to pass up.

Devin Knotts said:
James Daulton said:

Cash Game Strategy

Appreciate the thoughts. I was just wondering if others were having success. I'll do as you've suggested and I do think the breadth and depth of information is awesome.
Ive had success approaching the slates differently, depending on the size. For large slates I start with QB and TE and work in. Ill usually go with one stud RB or WR and then fill in whatever high floor guys I can find from there. For the small slates I start with the RBs. In the small slates there are usually only 2-3 true #1 RBs, and people will roster some very questionable guys over them to save money for a flashy WR. Every slate Ive played there have been enough WRs either min salary or in the low 5000s, that get consistent targets, to justify spending what I have to at RB. Obviously if youve got a week where its only Greg Ward and a bunch of nobuddies at QB Ill start there, but as a rule I start at RB.

The most reliable indicator for production Ive found for WRs is unsurprisingly targets. Even more so than receptions. These are still basically kids. They will blow up out of no where and disappear for no reason far more frequently than the NFL. If a guy is on the field every week, getting looks from the QB, you can be confident they will be part of the game plan. The guys that yo-yo between 2 receptions, 9 receptions and then 1 for the last 3 weeks Im just not going to roster.

I'm playing Russell all the way
http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USTX1413:1:US

So Baylor is going to be playing in the middle of an actual category 5 hurricane. The question for me isnt whether I start Russell or Coleman, its what percentage of the field decides to light their money on fire by rostering them with prices inflated from the last few weeks.

QB-It's so tough to fade Seth Russell despite his high price.
I'm staying away this week for the most part due to the opponent. My only losing week was when Baylor played Kansas and Russell sat out the second half. Iowa State is slightly better than Kansas, but I still hate the thought of losing half the game to bench time.
Ward jr and his coach aren't shy about running up the score.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USTX1413:1:US

So Baylor is going to be playing in the middle of an actual category 5 hurricane. The question for me isnt whether I start Russell or Coleman, its what percentage of the field decides to light their money on fire by rostering them with prices inflated from the last few weeks.
Good point. It has been dumping water down here for the last 24 hours and we are supposed to get more tomorrow.

I had a couple of friends that were going to try to go to the Baylor game, but they bailed out due to rain.

I just went through the rest of the Fanduel slate and the only other games that might be impacted are Auburn at Arkansas and WKU at LSU. Both have thunderstorm possibilities, but are 60-75% and wont be nearly as severe if they do happen. That includes the games in Florida this weekend. Baylor is just screwed, its going to apparently be pouring hard the entire game.
In the other games Im targeting Fournette and Henry in those games anyway, probably neutral for Henry, but I can see that as a plus for Fournette. Death Valley, night game against a terrible run defense and its raining? Yes please.

Devin Knotts said:
James Daulton said:

Cash Game Strategy

Ive had success approaching the slates differently, depending on the size. For large slates I start with QB and TE and work in. Ill usually go with one stud RB or WR and then fill in whatever high floor guys I can find from there. For the small slates I start with the RBs. In the small slates there are usually only 2-3 true #1 RBs, and people will roster some very questionable guys over them to save money for a flashy WR. Every slate Ive played there have been enough WRs either min salary or in the low 5000s, that get consistent targets, to justify spending what I have to at RB. Obviously if youve got a week where its only Greg Ward and a bunch of nobuddies at QB Ill start there, but as a rule I start at RB.The most reliable indicator for production Ive found for WRs is unsurprisingly targets. Even more so than receptions. These are still basically kids. They will blow up out of no where and disappear for no reason far more frequently than the NFL. If a guy is on the field every week, getting looks from the QB, you can be confident they will be part of the game plan. The guys that yo-yo between 2 receptions, 9 receptions and then 1 for the last 3 weeks Im just not going to roster.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USTX1413:1:USSo Baylor is going to be playing in the middle of an actual category 5 hurricane. The question for me isnt whether I start Russell or Coleman, its what percentage of the field decides to light their money on fire by rostering them with prices inflated from the last few weeks.
Then hello baker lol

Users who are viewing this thread