What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Baker is my guy all the way tomorrow, just has revenge game written all over it, as if you read about his time at Texas Tech you'll understand that him and Kingsbury do not get along. Combine that with the horrible TTCH defense, and he's my #1 guy tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devin do you have a thought one way or another on Pierson-El?
Asking the tough questions. We liked him going into this season as someone who could replace the departed Kenny Bell.

The problem is he just hasn't produced yet in the games that we have seen since he returned from injury. The other problem is that while Northwestern has been susceptible lately as a defensive unit they have not allowed a quarterback to go over 200 yards passing this season. I am not considering Pierson-El, but he has scored in two straight games, and if he scores he could potentially pay off his next to close min salary.

A combination of suggestions here and the IVC have yielded this lineup on FD early:

QB Baker M

RB Shock L

RB Alex C

WR Dom W

WR Drew M

WR Marcell A

TE Mark A

Good luck to everyone.

No, hasnt had a touch yet. Must have skipped class.

On Shock Lynwood Id just watch out for the weather. Penn States RB is who Im rostering in that price range

The announcers just said that Langer had a hamstring injury that he is trying to work out on the sideline with a softball.

Sometimes I wonder why these teams have "Beat Reporters" who refuse to get any information. Langer, Cooper, and Craft are all out of this game and not one of them was reported out, which is why these small team slates are difficult at times.

A combination of suggestions here and the IVC have yielded this lineup on FD early:

QB Baker M

RB Shock L

RB Alex C

WR Dom W

WR Drew M

WR Marcell A

TE Mark A

Good luck to everyone.
I like it,

Baker is my guy

At RB, I would go with Saquon Barkley over Shock which allows you two choices.

Option 1: Pair Mayfield with Sterling Shepard

Option 2: Do something like this

QB Baker Mayfield 9400
RB Alex Collins 8000
RB Saquon Barkley 7300
WR Aaron Burbridge 6800
WR Drew Morgan 5700
WR River Cracraft 5700
TE Mark Andrews 2000

I'm playing Russell all the way
http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USTX1413:1:US

So Baylor is going to be playing in the middle of an actual category 5 hurricane. The question for me isnt whether I start Russell or Coleman, its what percentage of the field decides to light their money on fire by rostering them with prices inflated from the last few weeks.
Good point. It has been dumping water down here for the last 24 hours and we are supposed to get more tomorrow.

I had a couple of friends that were going to try to go to the Baylor game, but they bailed out due to rain.
Over/Under has gone down to 74 tonight. But Baylor has stayed as 37 point favorite, so still looking at a team total of 55+. That's almost 10 points higher than anyone else on the slate.

Based upon that, not sure I'd be so quick to discount Baylor just because of the weather. Especially Russell because his rushing ability makes him more resilient to a weather issue.

Definitely worth watching the forecast, but more importantly watching the vegas numbers tomorrow to see if they go down further or if Baylor remains with a team total of well over 50.

Russell will be a nice GPP play if you can take on the risk. He will be underowned as it seems Mayfield/Ward have surpassed him as the consensus top plays of the slate.

Apparently the winds dropped from over 200 this afternoon to 170 when it made landfall a few hours ago. Still Katrina level, and worse by some other measures, but its got a mind of its own.

Wind is only projected to be 12-15mph, I think we need to be careful that we aren't associating this with hurricane type conditions. It will be wet, but won't be as bad as everyone is letting on.

With that said, I have downgraded Russell to 262 and 3.6 TD's which is a 50 yard decline and a half a touchdown or so.

A few hours ago it looked like it could be inches of rain and 20 mph winds. Yes though, it does seem to be looking up as the evening goes on

Thoughts on this LU?

Mayfield

Collins

Hood

D.Wiliams

Burbridge

Ridley....what about Ricky Jones?

Price

devin-

can you break down your thoughts on the 5700 wr crew for cash games? im thinking of starting 2 of them. ridley/morgan/cracraft. also i guess anyone you feel is cheaper that should be in the discussion too. tia.

QB Baker M

RB Shock L

RB Alex C

WR Dom W

WR Drew M

WR Marcell A

TE Mark A

Good luck to everyone.
I like it,

Baker is my guy

At RB, I would go with Saquon Barkley over Shock which allows you two choices.

Option 1: Pair Mayfield with Sterling Shepard

Option 2: Do something like this

QB Baker Mayfield 9400
RB Alex Collins 8000
RB Saquon Barkley 7300
WR Aaron Burbridge 6800
WR Drew Morgan 5700
WR River Cracraft 5700
TE Mark Andrews 2000
This lineup is in play. Thanks a lot for the advice.

It hope you guys made some money last night on the Thur / Fri slate. The top three on the IVC had you at 113 points.

Does the general consensus seem to be to stay away from the Baylor game?
No way. I think you just play them less than normal. If you had Baylor guys in 75-80% of your lineups, you may want to drop it down some.... 40 or 50% or so.

But I don't see any way to completely avoid Baylor this morning.

devin-

can you break down your thoughts on the 5700 wr crew for cash games? im thinking of starting 2 of them. ridley/morgan/cracraft. also i guess anyone you feel is cheaper that should be in the discussion too. tia.
For cash I would go Ridley and Morgan. Cracraft just hasn't put it all together

in cash games i think its reasonable to fade non-coleman baylor guys. linwood and russell both have comparable price points guys that are close in value. as do the other wrs. obv theres no comp for coleman if you want to pay up for him but you can safely fade the rest of them in cash games if youre that scared of the weather.

edit: @ joet

No way. I think you just play them less than normal. If you had Baylor guys in 75-80% of your lineups, you may want to drop it down some.... 40 or 50% or so.

Im probably more risk averse than most, but Im off the game. Alot of that has to do with Coleman costing as much as a top QB this week too. The wind is alot lower than it could have been which is pretty huge, line hasnt moved all night either. Still 74ish with Baylor expected right around 50... and as I write this College Gameday showed Baylor. It was a cut to a player on the field sitting under a garbage bag to protect himself from the heavy rain. Baylor may still score 50, but theyre going to have to work for every point today.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USTX1413:1:US

WKU/LSU game:

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USLA0033:1:US

Im probably more risk averse than most, but Im off the game. Alot of that has to do with Coleman costing as much as a top QB this week too. The wind is alot lower than it could have been which is pretty huge, line hasnt moved all night either. Still 74ish with Baylor expected right around 50... and as I write this College Gameday showed Baylor. It was a cut to a player on the field sitting under a garbage bag to protect himself from the heavy rain. Baylor may still score 50, but theyre going to have to work for every point today.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USTX1413:1:US

WKU/LSU game:

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USLA0033:1:US
I'm with you, I'm off this game, I realize the risk and can't blame anyone who has Baylor, but I think going the Oklahoma route is a better option for me.

Hooked up for a long TD to Coleman already. They were sloppy though, Russel had an INT dropped on the drive and his receivers dropped a few they should have had too.

3 mins into the games and people already have 35 points.

Coleman around 33% owned. I didn't get that much exposure and managed to get 0 Russell/Coleman stacks.

Baylors second drive was a 3 and out. Deflected pass at the line and 2 runs for negative yards from a drive started at the 50 by a gift fumble. I wouldnt get too worried yet.

As soon as I said they they brought in their young, non-terrible quarterback. Basically I need to just stop talking. If anyone wants to know which QB to fade in the night games Im playing Seth Collins and paying up for Fournette.

Users who are viewing this thread