What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Week 9 (1 Viewer)

NixonMask

Footballguy
Thursday slate is already up and its ugly. Boykin is miles better than the rest of the quarterbacks, but at $11,000 on Fanuel I just cant imagine its going to be smart to start him in a cash game. Taking a first look Im thinking Marquise Williams or Zach Terrell at QB, then instead of paying up at RB like I usually do, Im going to start with Doctson and Baverman and work from there. Those two just seem like the safest guaranteed points on the slate.

I took a quick glance. Granted zero research done. First thing I threw together.

Terrell

Jackson

Fields

Doctson

BravermanT

Turpin

Some 2K TE

Boykin

Fields

Griffin

Doctson

Turpin

Carrington

Browning

Jones

Freeman

Greene

Turpin

Baverman

Davis

Browning

Yes, but not that are locks to see targets. The playable TEs are expensive, probably worth punting completely to get as many studs as possible. Difference between doctson, breida, braverman and the guys 2k down is alot more than the 8-15 points a TE can get

Obviously awful for Russell, but this was the 2nd most predictable injury ever, just after Arian Foster. I hope he comes back healthy enough to get paid in the NFL, and maybe Art Briles will consider sitting some of his guys in these games too.

Now onto the important stuff, what kind of discount are we getting with Stidham this weekend?

Obviously awful for Russell, but this was the 2nd most predictable injury ever, just after Arian Foster. I hope he comes back healthy enough to get paid in the NFL, and maybe Art Briles will consider sitting some of his guys in these games too.

Now onto the important stuff, what kind of discount are we getting with Stidham this weekend?
Baylor is unfortunately off this weekend, so we will have to see where Stidham is priced next weekend.

Bummer, I checked the next matchup but just overlooked the date.

So for Saturday I'm pulling the trigger on Pierson-El this weekend. He's been getting more involved and I think this is the week he errupts. I'm also going to get some shares of Torii Hunter Jr as a min salary guy in GPPs. Last time ND played a good defense he had a nice game, thinking game script primes him for another.

I think i will have a line up where I have 2 backs from georgia southern. Texas state is statistically one of the worst rush defenses in FBS.

You got me thinking about Jones at qb. May go with 2 line ups. Boykin in the other. Just a rough estimate on points the Jones one is a better scoring team.

My current cash lineup is M. Williams, Doctson, Braverman, and A. Greene at RB, and a bunch of punts everywhere else, but I need to do some more research on Aaron Greene. Price is super low, have to make sure his time away last week wasnt something serious.

You got me thinking about Jones at qb. May go with 2 line ups. Boykin in the other. Just a rough estimate on points the Jones one is a better scoring team.
I'm definitely down with Jones on DK, that price, game flow, his running ability all have me thinking there's no way he's not hitting value

I'm hoping Devin's projections convince me otherwise because right now he's in my cash lineup. On DK I agree its a no brainer.

Jordan Johnson for Buffalo is a guy I've got slotted in at RB. Very curious on the experts take with him, Smallwood, and Green.

Wanted to give you guys a heads up the projections and IVC are going to be a little bit delayed this week due to all the new teams that are on slate. We should have it out by early afternoon

We set a baseline for the players on these teams back in the summer, but so much has changed that it is really starting over a new process since they have not been on any slates this season. Also it seems the amount of injuries has increased this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I am one of the CFB writers here at FBG and cover mainly the Pac-12 games but I play in all the slates. Here is my cash game lineup for FanDuel.

QB Terrell WMU 8200 - stacking the entire passing game with Terrell/Davis/Braverman
RB Breida GSOUT 8200 - He was my automatic lock for this slate. 100+ yards and 2 TDs
RB Green TCU 6800 - Fading the TCU passing game because of the high prices and hoping it is a big running game.
WR White ARZST 5300 - After watching the Utah game where White looked explosive on return TD. Seeing targets
WR C.Davis WMU 6000 - I would love to have Doctson but I think Davis/Braverman can do more as a combo together
WR Braverman WMU 8500 - Guy always finds the endzone, seems like the safest cash game.
TE Orndoff PITT 2000 - Min salary and 3 touchdowns on the year. Not hoping for much here.

If the charts are going to be out before kick off dont bother answering, itll have what I need. In case theyre not, Ive got a few toss ups for tonight.

1. Ranking the RBs priced $6800-$6600 on Fanduel? Green, Johnson, Richard, Smallwood. I guess the WMU guys fall in that range too, but I hate committees. Currently Ive got Breida and Johnson going, the other obvious iteration of my lineup is dropping Johnson to Smallwood and changing Dakiel Shorts to CJ Best.
2. Is Tyler Jones rosterable for cash?
3. Are there any TEs near min salary worth considering, or is it $3100 and above for any chance at points for TE?

I know I say it just about every week, but thanks for the work you guys are doing.

The charts are now up sorry for the delay guys,

1) Jordan Johnson is one of my favorite guys on the board, I also really like Jarvion Franklin this week as Eastern Michigan's run defense is not good at all

2) Ellison is a better option if you want to punt.

3) I don't like any of the tight ends on this slate, I am punting with Ornoff

Anthone Taylor is now supposed to suit up for Buffalo, GTD. Still doesnt sound like he'll play, but worth watching

Anthone Taylor is now supposed to suit up for Buffalo, GTD. Still doesnt sound like he'll play, but worth watching
That would definitely downgrade Johnson if he plays.

One thing to note on my Orndoff recommendation, do not expect much out of him, but overall we don't anticipate any tight end being "safe" on this slate, so the salary saved by going Orndoff will offset the production. If he can have 2 catches for 30 yards i think you take it on this slate. Kohl is interesting if I want to spend up on a tight end, I just prefer to spend that $1,500 elsewhere

There is a known issue that players with the first names starting after the letter S are not showing up in the IVC. They are showing up in the projections we are looking into it and trying to fix it as soon as possible.

Zach Terrell, one of the top values of the day and should

Tyler Jones, the model doesn't like that much due to his last two games being poor outings.

Wendell Smallwood, this is a GPP play for me, as he has upside as TCU's overall defense has been poor, but their run defense at home has been good. If West Virginia can keep it close he could have a big day.

Also, for anyone who has not read Andrew Katz' review, there is some great stuff in there.

As always, let me know if there is anything I can do to help, or if there are any lineups you want looked at.

Also, to give you guys an update on the IVC, I've been told it will be fixed prior to lock, I will provide an update as soon as it is updated.

The two guys I'm targeting that are not on the list are Zach Terrell and Tim White.

Boykin to me is overpriced for this slate, Wendell Smallwood I have a little bit in GPP but not much, and Tyler Jones is just too risky based on his last two performances.

I was wondering why Carrington wasnt represented well on the IVC. I know he has just had 1 game in this year which was great, but his last 2 games of last year were quite studly as well. Thanks.

I was wondering why Carrington wasnt represented well on the IVC. I know he has just had 1 game in this year which was great, but his last 2 games of last year were quite studly as well. Thanks.
Mostly a combination of having a one game sample size to work off of as well as the reliance on a big play. Players such as this with huge upside/volatility are often going to be under valued on the IVC as one of the complaints early on the season was that we were being too aggressive in projections so consistently someone who had one big game would be our #1 player overall. So we made the adjustment to increase the volatility reduction in our calculation to reflect what his true game is likely to be. If he has another big game and shows consistency you will see his IVC go up. It is very similar to the reason that he is still under priced across the industry.

We have him at 3 receptions for 50 yards and a 70% chance at a touchdown. He is a great GPP play, and if you need to punt in cash if the price is low enough I think you definitely can do that. There aren't many WR with the upside he has except for Braverman and Doctson

I was hoping to know about him to. I think the fact he isnt listed on the depth chart is pretty telling. Richards and Green are right there too in price. I just entered 3 gpp line up and have all 3 represented at the moment.

Not all the time, but on these small slates pay up for the safe points every time.

So Dalvin Cook has been ruled out for Saturday. Jaques Patrick is apparently the backup and min priced, but he has 6 carries on the year. I assume the recommendation is to fade on cash, but GPP?

Also, to give you guys an update on the IVC, I've been told it will be fixed prior to lock, I will provide an update as soon as it is updated.

The two guys I'm targeting that are not on the list are Zach Terrell and Tim White.

Boykin to me is overpriced for this slate, Wendell Smallwood I have a little bit in GPP but not much, and Tyler Jones is just too risky based on his last two performances.
Last five games he hasn't had less than four TDs and 400 yards. Tonite makes 6. He may be 12K next week and I'll work him into a lineup.

Curious as to what metric forced his projections down this week.

I see that Perkins and Jamabo are each represented well. Are each of there projections in the IVC based on the health of Perkins plays (for Perkins) or if he doesnt play (for Jamabo)?

I see that Perkins and Jamabo are each represented well. Are each of there projections in the IVC based on the health of Perkins plays (for Perkins) or if he doesnt play (for Jamabo)?
Yes, for the Saturday games, we typically will make an update on Friday (working on this now), with all the injury situations once we get practice reports. Originally it did not look like Perkins was going to play, but he has been upgraded to probable this week.

Also saw your Higbee comment, this is the same thing we will be pulling him out, in this update.

Last five games he hasn't had less than four TDs and 400 yards. Tonite makes 6. He may be 12K next week and I'll work him into a lineup.

Sure would be happy to discuss this.

The model saw some regression to the mean this week which while it was partly right, it was not fully right in the sense that the formula decreased him too much, but it was one of his worst games of this season all things considering.

This was due to West Virginia having statistically the best pass defense that TCU has faced this season except for Minnesota in week one.

We are constantly assessing the formula and looking to improve it. We are likely are going to start putting in more emphasis on conference play and start excluding the non-conference play now that we have enough of a sample size to do that.

The model saw some regression to the mean this week which while it was partly right, it was not fully right in the sense that the formula decreased him too much, but it was one of his worst games of this season all things considering.

This was due to West Virginia having statistically the best pass defense that TCU has faced this season except for Minnesota in week one.

We are constantly assessing the formula and looking to improve it. We are likely are going to start putting in more emphasis on conference play and start excluding the non-conference play now that we have enough of a sample size to do that.
I'm not sure I'd pursue conference / non-conference games. Was WV pass defense really that good or do they have inflated stats due to the opposition? There's such a wide variance in college offenses. The difference in throwing capabilities between the top and bottom college QBs is enormous. Does your model take into account the opposition the opposition has faced when establishing ratings for thins like pass / rush defense? I'd much rather have a non-conference game in the model if it better mimics the upcoming game you are projecting.

Hey guys I am one of the CFB writers here at FBG and cover mainly the Pac-12 games but I play in all the slates. Here is my cash game lineup for FanDuel.

QB Terrell WMU 8200 - stacking the entire passing game with Terrell/Davis/Braverman
RB Breida GSOUT 8200 - He was my automatic lock for this slate. 100+ yards and 2 TDs
RB Green TCU 6800 - Fading the TCU passing game because of the high prices and hoping it is a big running game.
WR White ARZST 5300 - After watching the Utah game where White looked explosive on return TD. Seeing targets
WR C.Davis WMU 6000 - I would love to have Doctson but I think Davis/Braverman can do more as a combo together
WR Braverman WMU 8500 - Guy always finds the endzone, seems like the safest cash game.
TE Orndoff PITT 2000 - Min salary and 3 touchdowns on the year. Not hoping for much here.
Nice work here! Tailed this LU for the most part (slight change at TE, didn't help as he got zero points) and cashed in all 50/50s and Doubles, even got 2nd in a 10-player league with a score of 126. Got a bit nervous about not having a share of TCU passing offense, but the 3OT in Arizona made up for it.

I'm not sure I'd pursue conference / non-conference games. Was WV pass defense really that good or do they have inflated stats due to the opposition? There's such a wide variance in college offenses. The difference in throwing capabilities between the top and bottom college QBs is enormous. Does your model take into account the opposition the opposition has faced when establishing ratings for thins like pass / rush defense? I'd much rather have a non-conference game in the model if it better mimics the upcoming game you are projecting.
We use a metric that compares the teams passing yards allowed in that game compared to the average passing yards for the season. So for example, Mason Rudolph for Oklahoma State had 218 yards passing against West Virginia in week 7. Now we are comparing that to a season average of 274 yards per game, so the West Virginia pass defense for that game gets an increase. Conversely, Seth Russell had 380 yards passing against West Virginia when on the season he averages 350. So it takes all of that into consideration.

The point I was trying to make regarding non-conference games was more so to start throwing out week 1-3 in our sample set as college football unlike the NFL is extremely fluid changing week to week. We will evaluate the best approach going forward and share if there are any updates. Boykin was our #1 overall total points, guy we just felt there were other options you could go with and still be profitable based on value. Bercovici is a prime example of this, we had him projected as having the best game of the year for him, and one of our top value plays of the day, we can't predict 3 overtimes, but his stats would be in line with where we had them had they not gone to overtime. On the other side Zach Terrell largely disappointed, as in a blowout situation game script tells you that if the touchdowns to get you to a 7 and 14 point lead are rushing then it is going to make for a long day for the quarterback.

The key thing to understand is that it is a model. While we feel it is far and away the best in the industry as we spend 20-30 hours a week on it, we realize it isn't perfect, so are always looking for feedback on it.

Looks like this is the idea lineup for Friday based on IVC, any upgrades to be made? Still has $1,200 left.

Jackson

Dixon, Newsome

Thomas, Turner, Brown

Crum

Nice work here! Tailed this LU for the most part (slight change at TE, didn't help as he got zero points) and cashed in all 50/50s and Doubles, even got 2nd in a 10-player league with a score of 126. Got a bit nervous about not having a share of TCU passing offense, but the 3OT in Arizona made up for it.
That lineup only scored 116. When did you play these 50/50 and doubles that cashed? Everything I entered was 120+ on 50/50 cash.

Users who are viewing this thread