What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need feedback please... (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
...on this week's RTD column.

In the past, I've taken a more in-depth approach with the RTD, writing extended blurbs on the situations that caught my eye during the week, metrics, rate stats, etc. It felt like a good bridge between Aaron's Monday upgrades and John's team-by-team Thursday anchor EOTG column.

This week, after hearing good things about the Sunday notes by email and remembering that many have been concerned about gaps in our team/player coverage when each of us miss a player of interest, I changed the format of the RTD up a bit.

I haven't gotten as much feedback as I'd hoped, so I'm hoping some of our forum regulars and Insiders can share thoughts on which format fits your needs better.

Thanks.

I got something out of this week with the new format, but personally I prefer the elder method.

And I'm not saying it never happens, but I can't recall that many times where both you and John miss talking about the same guy, or team, in a given week.

Anyway, I like the more in-depth approach, but that could just be a bit of a placebo because I'm getting a billion 140 character blurbs a week before I even get to read the stuff in the sub area.

Jene, I like the new format of RTD, you covered more teams/players than usual and I feel you got deeper into players/situations as needed. I like how you discussed Mingo as a player to watch in big play leagues. That was what was missing most for me as previously RTD only talked about stud big play league guys. Don't get me wrong, I read it each week, but feel the new format applies to most leagues. I figure the situations that aren't covered as deeply as you would normally cover them in RTD will be discussed in more depth on the IDP roundtable podcast, so hitting more situations like the Mingo one is a plus because it would not normally be discussed on the site during a standard week.

I hope this is helpful feedback and thanks for seeking it out!

...on this week's RTD column.

In the past, I've taken a more in-depth approach with the RTD, writing extended blurbs on the situations that caught my eye during the week, metrics, rate stats, etc. It felt like a good bridge between Aaron's Monday upgrades and John's team-by-team Thursday anchor EOTG column.

This week, after hearing good things about the Sunday notes by email and remembering that many have been concerned about gaps in our team/player coverage when each of us miss a player of interest, I changed the format of the RTD up a bit.

I haven't gotten as much feedback as I'd hoped, so I'm hoping some of our forum regulars and Insiders can share thoughts on which format fits your needs better.

Thanks.
I thought the new RTD format was excellent for this reason exactly, especially early in the season when things are still very fluid.

The preseason material is excellent and builds a great foundation for understanding how the IDP landscape might unfold. But it's not clear what the New IDP World Order will look like until we're 3-4 weeks into the regular season. Obviously this window is also the time when critical fish vs. cut bait decisions need to be made in order to take advantage of the waiver wire.

IMO there are just too many open questions about too many players to be too in depth with all your material this early in the season. Maybe gradually move in that direction in weeks 4+ once things sort themselves out.

Not being overly gratuitous but the unreal conciseness and of the RTD article is what enabled it to work. You got to the point with guidance in pretty much a sentence or two on virtually every player of interest in most leagues.

So to me the perfect early season combination is:

Aaron's Monday IDP upgrades (when speed is paramount)

Jene's RTD both follows up on the above plus comprehensive snapshot coverage (speed begins to take a back seat to more in-depth analysis)

John's EOTG takes the most interesting situations and goes into more depth

The Audible is a great format for debating expert's different takes on things and mid-week updates

Just some thoughts. Thanks for asking.

Im not usually a fan of change, but i like the new RTD.

By covering every game, you give us information from every game instead of just specific players.

Great job as usual!! :moneybag:

By covering every game, you give us information from every game instead of just specific players.

:goodposting:

Ditto... I like the new format with snapshots on players from every team vs more in depth detail on a select few.

Oh, and please thank John for alphabetizing the teams he covers in EOTG. It has made looking for specific team/player information much, much easier. :thumbup:

Update: Ugghhh... after having the EOTG teams alphabetized the first 2 weeks, it looks like John reverse alphabetized it this week. I'm guessing that it was some sort of posting mistake, but it is still a much better format than listing the teams randomly.

Last edited by a moderator:

:goodposting: Ditto... I like the new format with snapshots on players from every team vs more in depth detail on a select few.

Oh, and please thank John for alphabetizing the teams he covers in EOTG. It has made looking for specific team/player information much, much easier. :thumbup:

Update: Ugghhh... after having the EOTG teams alphabetized the first 2 weeks, it looks like John reverse alphabetized it this week. I'm guessing that it was some sort of posting mistake, but it is still a much better format than listing the teams randomly.
Actually, I reversed it this week because I missed the last 3-4 teams the previous week and wanted to start with them. Point taken however. I never though about if from that perspective.

:goodposting: Ditto... I like the new format with snapshots on players from every team vs more in depth detail on a select few.

Actually, I reversed it this week because I missed the last 3-4 teams the previous week and wanted to start with them. Point taken however. I never though about if from that perspective.
Thanks John.

If I'm trying to skim through the column to quickly find info on a specific player/situation, having the teams in alphabetical order makes the search much easier.

Great work as always...

I liked the new format, though it took me a minute to understand why it was talking about last week's matchups instead of this week's. Overall, it felt more in-depth and organized, and less random.

Users who are viewing this thread