What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

need many opinions here- roster cuts (1 Viewer)

Jiggyonthehut

Footballguy
im new to IDP but i can darn well say that i was blessed by the team that I interited - that is, in terms of IDP. Offense is another story however. Anyway could you all take a look at my roster and tell me who needs to go and who needs to stay? a little ditty would be nice too. DL Kenard Lang, CLE DL Charles Grant, NO* DL Osi Umenyiora, NYG* LB Donnie Edwards, SD* LB Kawika Mitchell, KC LB Will Witherspoon, CAR* LB Morlon Greenwood, MIA* DB Sean Taylor, WAS* DB Dwight Smith, TB* My opinions on who to keep denoted in *All in all- not a bad bunch. Any flyers that would probably be avalible- at DB? Antoine Winfield, Mike Minter, Gary Baxter are some of the names that i recognize on the Waiver Wire, or should i try and take a chance on PacMan or Marlin Jackson? I think my DB core needs a bit of shaping up.

First and foremost, I would attempt to trade Witherspoon for offensive help. This would allow you to keep Edwards, Greenwood, and Mitchell at LB.I would cut Lang (unless somebody in your league finds value in his numbers from last year). The guy will be a semi-worthless OLB for the Browns in '05. Grant and Osi are easily your keepers.I like M Jackson as DB help. He looks sharp in preseason and could/should start in Week 1.

I think i catch your drift here but two questions:1.) Are you saying to trade Spoon because his value is high or because you are low on him or both?2.) What scares me about trading away Spoon is that Mitchell becomes my LB3- but as far as i know he is slated to start and hasnt produced in that role. Any reason to believe he comes around this season with Fujita breathing down his neck and Bell perhaps assuming the role of MLB on 3rd down?

I think i catch your drift here but two questions:

1.) Are you saying to trade Spoon because his value is high or because you are low on him or both?

2.) What scares me about trading away Spoon is that Mitchell becomes my LB3- but as far as i know he is slated to start and hasnt produced in that role. Any reason to believe he comes around this season with Fujita breathing down his neck and Bell perhaps assuming the role of MLB on 3rd down?
1.) I honestly don't think Witherspoon's value will ever be higher. He had a monster '04 campaign and was on fire after Week 7. Unfortunately for Witherspoon, I think he's now only the 3rd-best LB on his own team (behind Morgan and now TD). I'm not exactly sure how pathetic your offense is, but Witherspoon should land you a quality player in return.2.) Kawika has very little competition at MLB. In fact, the job has essentially been handed to him since Day 1. More importantly, he has now earned it. Kawika has been remarkable thus far. The Chiefs have nothing but praise for him. Don't worry about Fujita...he has a better chance of getting cut than breaking the starting lineup. Plus, Fujita is not a MLB. Bell will most likely be an edge rusher on 3rd-downs and should not effect Kawika's nickle play. If early indications from camp are correct, Kawika will be a 3-down LB. Heck, Bell has not even touched the field yet this preseason.

Hope this explains my rationale. :thumbup:

If you can get something good for one of your IDP's in your strength, do it to help a weak O. Trust me, the team I've taken over still can't make the playoffs with a strong IDP group and Peyton, due to crap at WR/RB/TE - however, I may have finally gotten the corner turned.If deperate for WR prospects, take a look at the Eagles: Lewis & McMullen might be available. Brown is likely gone already.There's a good read out in the IDP forum on how, step by step, someone's turning over a dynasty team with IDP's.

I'd dump Dwight Smith for Winfield. As others have said, if you can trade one of your LBs, you still have Mitchell as a decent keeper there.

Users who are viewing this thread