What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New England @ Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

Who will win?

• Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hmmm...looks like Dillon and Branch being out in the first game were more of a factor then Steelers fans thought.
Nice revisionist history. 99% of people harped on Dillon and never even mentioned Branch. Dillon has done nothing this game so far.

The Steelers' organization made a mistake by sticking with Ben for this long. That decision probably has cost them a super bowl. This is an enormous error in judgement. Who in their organization should take the blame for this and what should the consequences be?
I can't believe someone actually wrote this nonsense. Hindsight sure is a funny thing. And if the Steelers had pulled Ben for Maddox you would have said what a mistake it was for the Steelers. You, my friend, are an idiot.

Hmmm...looks like Dillon and Branch being out in the first game were more of a factor then Steelers fans thought.
Nice revisionist history. 99% of people harped on Dillon and never even mentioned Branch. Dillon has done nothing this game so far.
I don't think he was saying he knew that before this game. I think a lot of us are realizing just how much of a difference Branch makes for this team though.

Hi BGP,You're saying you would have pulled Roethlisberger for Maddox?When?J
I would probably have benched Ben before the playoffs. I've been saying since week 16 that he's been struggling. I would ignore the win-loss record. That's a team stat. Look at him. If the Steelers had nothing to play for, you give him a long leash. But when his INT total clearly jumped ahead of his TD total, you bench him and get Maddox in there. You must have a short leash given their HFA and super bowl potential. You just have to.

Say what you want about the Steelers fans (I am not one), but they have to be considered one of the tops in the league.Whatever happens tonight, they will be back in full force next season, they also are.

last time i checked he has more yards than bettis or staley.

You know what this game is all about... NUMBERS! And so is the new CBS show coincidently titled Numb3rs. Let's all watch it after the game.

I don't think he was saying he knew that before this game. I think a lot of us are realizing just how much of a difference Branch makes for this team though.
Hey bostonfred, are you preparing the "Poll: Did Roethlisberger Choke" thread?

This game is far from over. Pittsburgh is too good of a team to roll over and die. I expect Pittsburgh to make adjustments at half time and keep this from being a blow out. There is still alot of football to be played.

Hi BGP,You're saying you would have pulled Roethlisberger for Maddox?When?J
I would probably have benched Ben before the playoffs. I've been saying since week 16 that he's been struggling. I would ignore the win-loss record. That's a team stat. Look at him. If the Steelers had nothing to play for, you give him a long leash. But when his INT total clearly jumped ahead of his TD total, you bench him and get Maddox in there. You must have a short leash given their HFA and super bowl potential. You just have to.
If that's not clear, I'm benching him in the Giants game in week 16 after his 4th INT vs 1 TD in two games. My leash is that short. Maddox gets a longer leash as a veteran.

just wondering where all the steler fans are???????
I'll step up. Hoping for the greatest comeback ever... That's all I can do. BGP really needs to stay out of this stuff. Any Browns fan has terrible judgement. I mean what have the Browns ever done. I mean literally in the NFL what have they ever done. The entire highlight of the of the Browns organizations is the Elway drive in the 80's. Stick with Roeth if anything this is a learning experience albeit not a good one.

Brady is throwing a perfect deep ball today. He is on the road, playing in terrible weather, against the leagues best defense and it doesn’t phases him..

He is the best in the game.

Looks like a rematch of the 1998 Michigan vs Syracuse game at the Big House. The two best young QB’s in the game will square off once again. In the first meeting McNabb put on one of the most dominating performances in Michigan Stadium history.

http://www.mgoblue.com/document_display.cf...cument_id=11976

No poll is needed. It is a unanimous yes. Clear to all.

The Pats D is eating Rothlisberger alive!!!!
Don't minimize the defensive effort, they are collapsing the inside running lanes and limiting the Steelers downhill attack...exposing Big Ben is just gravy...

just wondering where all the steler fans are???????
I'll step up. Hoping for the greatest comeback ever... That's all I can do. BGP really needs to stay out of this stuff. Any Browns fan has terrible judgement. I mean what have the Browns ever done. I mean literally in the NFL what have they ever done. The entire highlight of the of the Browns organizations is the Elway drive in the 80's. Stick with Roeth if anything this is a learning experience albeit not a good one.
Horrible judgement? :rotflmao: Again, I was the first one on this board to point out that Ben was struggling.Its not fair to penalize me just because I am a Browns fan. Sure I hate the Steelers, but I'm forced to analyze them and make an unbiased call.I hate Belichick too, but I picked them to win it all.

No poll is needed. It is a unanimous yes. Clear to all.
I suppose it depends on what you expected.

the difference is regular season Pats vs postseason Pats

This game is far from over. Pittsburgh is too good of a team to roll over and die. I expect Pittsburgh to make adjustments at half time and keep this from being a blow out. There is still alot of football to be played.
Dont think its got anything to do with them.........Pats are just too damn good

the difference is regular season Pats vs postseason Pats
I think you're right. The regular season Pats looked pretty good, but this is another level.

I think I heard something about a new CBS show premiering after the game. :mellow:
Looks like the Steelers should have analyzed the snow crystals a little bit more...or hired someone to do it for them......

A quick TD here could get things turned around. Already at the patriots 37ish.Patriots falling asleep at the wheel?

A quick TD here could get things turned around. Already at the patriots 37ish.Patriots falling asleep at the wheel?
yes, they are. but bill will bring them back.move it along, people. there's nothing to see here.

Well that was a wake up call.Belichick teams are noted for taking a big lead, then surviving a late scare, so its not too surprising to see this, actually.

The Steelers run game always works better in the second half. They got their 20 carries in the first half, which is what did the Pats in last time. The Pats did well to get a big lead going into the half but they still need to score in the second half to force the Steelers to pass, ideally with a longer drive than they've had so far.

The Steelers need 3 scores to win.Oh, and they have to shut out the Patriots inthe 2nd half.

Corey Dillon 11 for 23Jerome Bettis 11 for 26Duce Staley 10 for 26Heck...Ben Roethlisberger 3 for 25Every player on the Steelers with carries is outrushing Dillon right now.Deion Branch 3 for 112Gee I wonder what the difference maker is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holding Steelers, first down ouch.

They can't afford to make more mistakes.

This is essentially a new possesssion for the Patriots.

Corey Dillon 11 for 23Jerome Bettis 11 for 26Duce Staley 10 for 26Heck...Ben Roethlisberger 3 for 25Every player on the Steelers with carries is outrushing Dillon right now.Deion Branch 3 for 112Gee I wonder what the difference maker is.
better check his receiving yards also

Lets see a little break for the Stillers, here.EDIT HE'S DOWN

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread