What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEW Feature! "Ask tipandpick" (1 Viewer)

John Lee

Footballguy
In the Shark Pool, our very own Sigmund Bloom takes on season-long questions every week in a thread entitled "Questions for Bloom." On Sunday morning, Sig jumps into that thread and tries to tackle as many questions as he can before lineups lock at 1 PM.

In the same spirit of guiding our forum members to winning their season-long leagues, I am excited to introduce a similar thread here to help you win your DFS contests each week--that thread will be entitled, "Ask tipandpick." Assuming there is enough interest, I will post a thread each week and you can ask your DFS-related questions in the thread; on Sunday morning at 11 AM (EST), I will answer as many questions as I can, LIVE, via Periscope. You would just need to download the app and tune in at 11 AM on Sunday mornings to hear what I have to say about your individual questions...

iPhone/iPad/Mac download link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/periscope/id972909677?mt=8

Android download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android&hl=en

After downloading the app, just follow me (@tipandpick) and you will be able to see/hear my responses to each of your questions in the 11th hour, literally, on Sunday mornings!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please use this thread to ask your Week 9 DFS questions...any site, any format, any player--fire away!!

-TnP

Great idea

Joined about three weeks back Wow, been following on twitter forever joined and now I crush so many things I was doing wrong. Thanks John

I like this feature.

Which sub $6000 WR on fanduel are you most comfortable with for cash? Taking a chance on in GPPs?

Is Eli Manning a sure thing against TB's sad pass D, or could Eli still be Eli?

If Austin Seferian-Jenkins is active is he a lock on Fanduel at $5200?

Is Eli Manning a sure thing against TB's sad pass D, or could Eli still be Eli?

Let me echo that first one.

Although I won't be able to listen to you Sunday mornings. My Sunday mornings are tough with the whole church thing from 10:30-11:30 central, so I have to do my work early in the morning then have my brother shoot me intel during church for my frantic last-second changes in the parking lot. Lately my son has been doing me a solid by pitching a fit at the start of the service. My wife glares at me to take him out, so I do.

And then promptly jump on my phone to get the latest information about injuries. But I'm pretty sure not even I have the gumption to fire-up the audiocast in the narthex.

John Lee said:
Rock Lonemilk said:
I'll have all my lineups set long before 11 AM (EST) on Sunday.
If this is true, you're doing it wrong.

99% of the DFS-playing population are setting lineups past 11 AM on Sunday morning. Last week, we didn't learn the status of Antonio Gates, John Brown, and Eric Decker until that time...this week (and every week thereafter) will be no different.

I could have selected a time on Saturday night when people are spending time with their families or are out with friends, but there would have been 2 people on my Periscope feed at that time. At 11 AM Sunday morning, most people will be home focusing on their lineups...and, if they're not, they should be able to watch from their mobile device while they're at work (I'm looking at you, Duke!).

Either way, I'm sorry the 11 AM slot doesn't work for you, Milk...maybe you'll eventually see value in the process and join us. Until then, good luck with your own process.
I obviously make last minute adjustments just like everyone else... No need to be a tool with the empty apology.

In my opinion, the problem with your idea is that asking questions today that you won't answer until 11 am on Sunday isn't going to help with my last minute adjustments. If you want us to submit questions here, why not just answer them in a timely manner here from now through the start of the games on Sunday?

I'm very confident that you're wrong in saying "99% of the DFS-playing population are setting lineups past 11 AM on Sunday morning." Adjusting lineups past 11 AM? Yes... Maybe 75% of players are making last minute adjustments. Setting lineups? I'd bet less than 60% of DFS players are just getting started setting lineups past 11 AM on Sunday.

I'm super impressed that you're using the latest technology to share your expertise, though. Keep up the great work!

I dont think that they are being deleted cause views/opinions differ. Its only cause the whole purpose of this thread is a quick question and answer format. That being said....

John,

What is your take on Chris Ivory this week as a cash and gpp play? No one is talking about him. I didnt have him in any Thursday LU. He seems to be flying under the radar this week largely due to last weeks rough outing. Thanks.

(I wish I could listen in/watch sunday at 11. However, with the nature of my work and the timing I wont be able to get that done. Next week I am in.)

Lurker, so first post. I just wanted to say I think this is another really cool thing you're doing. You've been on fire so far this season. The amount of preparation and work you put in is obvious when listening to, and reading the things you're involved in. You're definitely one of the guys I pay the most attention to. I love the RG live shows you're on...very insightful. Unfortunately, I've just fallen into a bunch of Saturday and Sunday work through December, so I'll be missing out on some invaluable Sunday AM stuff. Hopefully I'll get a few Sunday mornings in. I just wanted to say thanks for your hard work. I really appreciate it.

My question would be which RB do you like in a really similar price range on FD ? Stewart, Langford, Blount, Gordon.

Also considering some cheaper options because I think people will be all over those guys. Matt Jones could be sneaky this week, especially if DJax is back. I think that could potentially open up things for the offense a little, with the Pats having to pay attention to DJax and not trying to shut down the run as much. I have a feeling with the Skins coming off of their bye they will have some fresh legs, will be trying to control the clock, and may have worked Jones in a little more. a couple of other cheaper fliers I'm thinking about are Antonio Andrews (cringe) and CJ Spiller (maybe a bigger role w/ Khiry being out?) and Chris Thompson (maybe the Skins just have to pass to try and catch up). Plug and pray gambles, but curious if you have any thoughts on them as well.

What do you think about Denver D in cash on DK? Price seems low for them and with the colts O-Line problems I feel like their sack upside yields a solid floor.

On FanDuel, there are three RBs in good to great situations all priced around $6,500. Tell us who you like between Langford, Chi ($6,400), McFadden, Dal ($6,500) and Williams, Pit ($6,500)

What are the reasons everyone is overlooking Stewart in cash games on FD?

Top 3 cash QBs on FD?

Favorite TEs not named Gronk and Gates?

Andrews named the workhorse, Langford in Chicago, San Fran's promoted PS player Gaskins, and also 49ers recently signed Pierre Thomas. All values. Any worth a try? Thoughts?

Two fold question-

Lebeau has had the Titans D humming all year and their pass D has been surprisingly stout.

Brees and the Saints are coming off a shoot out with the Gmen and of course Brees has a long history of shootout games.

They held the Falcons to ten points with a healthy Julio.

Will this be shoot-out or low scoring?

If shoot-out, then which Titans WR is worth a try here? Over a combined 21 games, the 3 WRs only have 31 total catches

Adding on...being a 4pm game, what level of confidence do you have in ASF playing barring no new news by 1pm? Keep him in some GPP but pull from all cash?

**SIDE NOTE: A few people have expressed concerns that some posts were deleted within this thread. I deleted two posts that were not related to the premise/point of the thread (and the posts that addressed those "off-topic" posts); I subsequently DM'ed each of those individuals to address their contents of their post. My intent was to keep the thread on topic...not to create drama, conspiracy theories, or otherwise. If anybody has questions or concerns about why a post has been deleted, despite this explanation, please feel free to DM me to discuss further.**

Keep the questions coming...looking forward to 11 AM!

Trying to decide on my final roster spot for DK cash. At my flex I'm trying to decide which one between these 3:

Jeffries- a little scared off with his CB match-up

Ingram- this is the guy I'm leaning toward right now

Cooper- a hunch that the Raiders will be throwing a bunch to keep up with the Steelers air attack

"If" I go with Ingram I would also have the extra cash to replace Langford with McFadden. I love Langford this week but maybe McFadden is the smarter play in cash games??

Playing a cash game on DK, pick a combo to round out my team:

1 - Todd Gurley and Martavis Bryant

2 - Demaryius Thomas and Michael Crabtree

John, I really appreciate you taking the time to articulate your thought process on individual players on the podcasts and in your column. If you only have time to address one question please make it the last one. Thanks!

(Quick data on me: I've been crushing 50/50 and 2x, but rarely score high enough to cash in 3x or GPP).

A couple lineup construction and game selection questions:

- Are you typically using one or multiple cash lineups?

- Do you usually stick to one per site per slate?

- I've been limiting myself to ~10% games above 2x (starting to cash a little in 20-250 man leagues and <5k player GPP's). Sometimes I hit the money line with my cash lineup in leagues, but that's it. Should I limit my cash lineup only to 50/50 and 2x and use a GPP lineup for the rest?

- I've been using a chalkier stack for my GPP's, but only rolling out one lineup. With $10 to play in GPP, how should I allocate that? For example:

1 QB with a couple different stacks and change up remaining positions

1 QB with same stack and differentiate with other positions

2-3 different QB stacks and more of core players remain the same

I understand these strategies can vary week to week, just looking to get inside your head. :)

How is this for cash games on DK:

Brady

Freeman

McFadden

Stevie Johnson

Alshon Jeffrey

Crabtree

Gurley

Saints

Instead of Gurley, I can afford Demaryius. I can also do Ingram and Broncos instead of Gurley and Saints.

Leaning Den for D in DK cash lineup. Any other D a safer play at similar price? Jets pats are options.

Can you convince me to swap out Gurley for Ingram for cash? Just can't pull the trigger.

Thanks

Great idea for a quick show. My Periscope cut out between Deangelo Williams talk, and the very end. That's the only bad thing about using this media, you could have spent 10 minutes answering my question and I'll never know or have a way to go back. In that sense I like the Rotogrinders setup better where I can rewind the feed.

Great idea for a quick show. My Periscope cut out between Deangelo Williams talk, and the very end. That's the only bad thing about using this media, you could have spent 10 minutes answering my question and I'll never know or have a way to go back. In that sense I like the Rotogrinders setup better where I can rewind the feed.
Just a heads up that you can replay the session by tapping "Recent" on John's Periscope profile.

I got to your questions near the end of the show when I was running out of time, but didn't actually answer them because they were more about game strategy than who to play, etc. Because the audience was tuning in to hear that kind of thing (players, values, etc), I elected to skip your question and get back to it later...

If I can steal some time this week from somewhere else, I'll try to do a blog entry to address those questions.

BassNBrew said:
Wadsworth said:
My Question: Will I win? LINK
Holy #### dude, you must have a horseshoe up your butt.

CONGRATS!!!

Looks like you'll be rooting against either Jeffrey of Stevie.
Looks like Alshon is main villain. I put it on the bad side of 50/50, but will be fun to have a shot. :thumbup:

Hey John, my Q was about mediocre players trying to find some hidden value in cheapies and not the easiest one. Looking back, I guess you were wrong and the game was a shoot out. Andrews was decent filler for regular FF but not so much for DFS where ya need the star type highest performers; guess you were right here.

I've been doing FF stuff on the web for 21 years. Sometimes people start these type advice features, get one or two wrong and they get so much flack it doesn't seem worth it and I really hate seeing that go down.

Wrong or not (on a minor item) I heard a valued opinion and was very appreciative to hear it. Thank you. I wanted to say I heard a lot of good thoughts today and thought you did a nice periscope session.

I like the timing of it. Leaves me enough time to check out the inactives and last minute stuff one has to do.

Back to my poor Qs. Maybe (without being rude of course) you should weed out Qs of average performing players? Bloom may need to answer these types in the pool but that's not DFS where one is trying to start the best of the best.players. Maybe a rule or qualifier in OP specifying the difference? IDK...thinking out loud here, maybe you and DD and co can chew on a concept for this this week? Spit-balling here

Thank you for taking the time to answer mine, I appreciated it and the whole show

Wadsworth said:
I don't know, but having gone through the same sweat about 4 weeks ago, I do know it's going to be a longggg Monday!

I hope your outcome trumps mine...best of luck!

Caught the playback a little later in the day. That was a rapid fire session. Thanks for answering my question, though I cringed when I heard my screen name. One day I'll put more thought into those. Don't anybody worry about my average self bombing this thread with questions. I was just giving some positive feedback, and asked a question along with that. Good luck there Wadsworth. Nice work, and thanks again T&P.

Great job yesterday and I took away a couple nuggets that turned my Sunday into the best of the season on FD.

Wadsworth said:
I don't know, but having gone through the same sweat about 4 weeks ago, I do know it's going to be a longggg Monday!

Yea. When I made it thru the Sunday night game I instantly thought of your sweat a few weeks back. Brutal. Just brutal. Thanks for the well wishes.

John,

I appreciate you taking time to answer my Chris Ivory question. After hearing your response I decided it was best to limit my exposure so pulled him from about 50% of the LU he was in. I put Langford in as you held him in high regard this week. That move was key to me finishing 2nd in a $1 and $2 250 man league games. Even though it wasnt much, it was my best week of the season. Thank you!

Awww Wadsworth, sorry man. I'd still be pleased with the 1000 but....

Anyway, nice job

Wadsworth said:

Yea. When I made it thru the Sunday night game I instantly thought of your sweat a few weeks back. Brutal. Just brutal. Thanks for the well wishes.
I feel your pain, brother...really hard to qualify for these things and the dropoff between first and second is absolutely brutal. $103K to $1K in an instant.

Would like to tell you it gets easier, but it's been 4 weeks since I had the same result & I won't feel better about it until I get a seat (and time is quickly running out).

Nothing to do but look to Week 10...

I feel your pain, brother...really hard to qualify for these things and the dropoff between first and second is absolutely brutal. $103K to $1K in an instant.

Would like to tell you it gets easier, but it's been 4 weeks since I had the same result & I won't feel better about it until I get a seat (and time is quickly running out).

Nothing to do but look to Week 10...
Thanks John, I'm cool. I put a 24 hour rule on it and did not even need that much time. I think your sweat prepared me for it in a strange way. So thanks, I guess. :)

All cylinders firing for week 10 prep.

Users who are viewing this thread