What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Idioms That I Will Start Using (1 Viewer)

Keerock

Footballguy
Saw these on a podcast somewhere (don't remember where now)... but I love them.

1) "Hanging onto a 4 foot ledge" - when someone is freaking out about something trivial... making a big deal about nothing
2) "That's why fat dogs like slow cars" - That's easily obtainable
3) "You can't unpee your pants" - Don't do something you're not prepared to live with the consequences
4) "Don't mistake a long pee for a quick poop" - Don't assume someone is doing the worst just because something might point to that

There were more that I can't remember, but I'm using these for sure

That's a lot of who shot John.

I still don't know what that means but somehow thanks to Judge Judy I understand it and can apply it in the correct context.

"Hanging onto a 4 foot ledge" - when someone is freaking out about something trivial... making a big deal about nothing
Wouldn't the person have to be a dwarf for their legs to be hanging (and not touching the ground) from only 4 feet?

4) "Don't mistake a long pee for a quick poop" - Don't assume someone is doing the worst just because something might point to that
I'm sure Keerock uses this one all the time, his kink having been established it seems, but I really don't see this one being easily understood/helpful/clever.

"Dumber than a box of rocks" has always been a favorite go to of mine. Surprised how many people haven't heard that one by now.

Tommy: Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?
Mr. Brady: [confused] What? I'm failing to make the connection here.
Tommy: No, what I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ***... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.
Richard: Wow...
Mr. Brady: Boy, I'm at a loss for words here -
Tommy: Forget it, I quit, I can't do this any more, man. My head's about to explode. My whole life sucks. I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know where I'm going. My dad just died, we just killed Bambi, I'm out here getting my *** kicked and every time I drive down the road I wanna jerk the wheel into a ********* bridge abutment!
Richard: We'll keep in touch.

I'm more of a fan of the mixed metaphor:

1) "Pulling a rabbit out of his ***."
2) "It's not rocket surgery."
3) "A watched clock never boils."
5) "Does the pope poop in the woods?"
People in glass houses sinks ships.
A penny saved is worth two in the bush.

There aren’t any stupid questions, just stupid people.

If you build a man a fire, he‘ll be warm for a day. But set a man on fire, he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

To make a long story longer…

Users who are viewing this thread