What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Orleans WR2? Still some value, I think. (1 Viewer)

PACKER 7

Footballguy
First I'd like to confirm if Devery Henderson is still the WR2 in New Orleans. If so, or really who ever it is, I believe still provides good value from now.

Deuce is gone, Reggie is not going to run between the tackles like Deuce, imo. I believe Reggie will be more involved in the rushing game, but mainly he'll see more screens, etc.

So given that, I believe the Saints are going to have to be able to throw the ball or at least they will be playing from behind so much that they'll be chucking it all the time ( 40 - 50 times / game).

So if that guy is Devery Henderson, and I think he's probably available in most leagues now, do you guys believe that he still holds value from week 5 on?

I guess this is all based mainly on my thought that there is no way the Saints will be this bad all year.

Thoughts?

First I'd like to confirm if Devery Henderson is still the WR2 in New Orleans. If so, or really who ever it is, I believe still provides good value from now.Deuce is gone, Reggie is not going to run between the tackles like Deuce, imo. I believe Reggie will be more involved in the rushing game, but mainly he'll see more screens, etc.So given that, I believe the Saints are going to have to be able to throw the ball or at least they will be playing from behind so much that they'll be chucking it all the time ( 40 - 50 times / game).So if that guy is Devery Henderson, and I think he's probably available in most leagues now, do you guys believe that he still holds value from week 5 on?I guess this is all based mainly on my thought that there is no way the Saints will be this bad all year. Thoughts?
OLine has been so bad, it's hard to think there is much value. Colston is the #1 and also the guy who Brees goes to when he gets pressure. Henderson on the other hand seems to exclusively run deeper routes. So, until the OLine begins to protect, Henderson is of no value, IMO.

I agree that for a variety of reasons the Saints are going to have to throw the ball more and if someone can claim their #2 WR job I think they have value. I thought that player would be Henderson but right now I'm banking on that player being Lance Moore. It's possible it's a revolving door at that #2 spot but I look at the targets which Moore got 10 of last week and 5 the week before and I think it's possible he could claim the #2 spot and provide good value.

I agree that for a variety of reasons the Saints are going to have to throw the ball more and if someone can claim their #2 WR job I think they have value. I thought that player would be Henderson but right now I'm banking on that player being Lance Moore. It's possible it's a revolving door at that #2 spot but I look at the targets which Moore got 10 of last week and 5 the week before and I think it's possible he could claim the #2 spot and provide good value.
Put me in the Lance Moore camp, especially in PPR leagues. His role in the offense is increasing, and I can see him putting up Wes Welker type numbers over the course of the rest of the season. When I say Wes Welker-type numbers, I mean 4 to 6 catches per game, with 50 to 60 yards, and few scores. Right now the Saints are playing small ball, dinks and dunks, etc...if they continue to play this way, I think this will suit Lance Moore better than a player like Henderson.

Clarence Moore is the answer here. The dude is good! The WR2 in that offense is $$$. Colston last year, Moore this year.

BTW, the Saints need to get a real #1WR and let Colston get back to dominating the lesser DBs. He certainly isn't a true #1 IMO.

The fact that you aren't sure who their #2 receiver is sort of points out the whole flaw in this theory.

I think it's a matter of time before they start playing Meachem. They spent a first on him. They are struggling, and I am wondering if he got more work in practice during the bye week.

I would not want any Saint WR other than Colston right now.

I think it's a matter of time before they start playing Meachem. They spent a first on him. They are struggling, and I am wondering if he got more work in practice during the bye week.
Let me check around and see if he returned to practice yesterday -- Meacham had been nicked up.

I'm with the lance moore group...been going back and forth on picking him up this week.

i think he's gonna be money in PPR and leagues w/ return yards.

I agree with others here who are down on Henderson. His value is almost purely on deep passes, and even if the Saints improve some, which they almost have to, I don't see them doing much vertically.

Devery is in the Payton's doghouse,

not to emerge anytime soon.

Lance Moore has done a lot when

given the opportunity.

Don't sleep on this guy.

Meachem is still a work in progress.

It may be a long while until he gets his shot.

Lance Moore is the one you want to own as the #2 in NO.

...imo.

Devery is in the Payton's doghouse,not to emerge anytime soon.Lance Moore has done a lot whengiven the opportunity.Don't sleep on this guy.Meachem is still a work in progress.It may be a long while until he gets his shot.Lance Moore is the one you want to own as the #2 in NO....imo.
Yes I too have notice Moore. I guess my post was intended to point out NO situation might be one worthy of noting, with Deuce out now, and the track record of last year.We are all looking for that guy who is going to be the difference in making the playoffs and not, I think unless your team is so freakishly good you don't have to worry about it.So if it's Moore or Henderson, I think at this very moment the WR2 position in NO presents a potential value b/c that person can be had in most leagues ww.I get the feeling from most that they believe it's Moore and I can't deny that he looks good, but I just have to think the Saints will open the passing game up down the field and try to get the ball more to Colston and imo Henderson b/c of his deep threat ability.Anyways, good discussion I think. More opinions welcomed.

Moore stood out a lot in the pre-season and has so far stood out with his few opportunities in the regular season. I think he's the easy answer here..

I dropped Arnaz Battle for Lance Moore this week in my 12 team, PPR league. I recommend the rest of you do the same as this may be the last week that he remains under the radar.

Users who are viewing this thread