What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NFC Divisional Round - Bucs at Lions** (-6, 48.5) Kickoff Sun 3:00 (1 Viewer)

Man, Det play calling has been very questionable
Because the Lions go for the win. Exactly like they did last week to end the game. They make the first down, game over. They miss, they leave some extra time on the clock. Campbell believes in the offense and is not a wimp. The team loves him for it.
Sure, that's fine but they could have made it so that play woulda expired at the 2 minutes so wouldn't give Tampa an extra time out

Why didn't TB call a timeout there with 36 seconds left it been 4th down Detroit would had to try a FG no lock they make it.

That was dumb to not call a TO there
Wow, you're right. What the heck were they thinking? That's insane.

I have to assume that the NBC graphic was wrong.
It was right TB had 1 timeout left. I just checked the game logs. They called 1 on offense and 1 on defense in the 2nd half.

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

(2:54 - 4th) Timeout #2 by TB at 02:54.
  • 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

(2:54 - 4th) J.Goff pass short left to D.Montgomery to TB 45 for -4 yards (L.David).
  • 3rd & 11 at TB 45​

(2:10 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short middle to A.St. Brown.
  • 4th & 11 at TB 45​

(2:06 - 4th) J.Fox punts 35 yards to TB 10, Center-J.McQuaide, fair catch by D.Thompkins.
  • 1st & 10 at TB 10​

(1:59 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
  • 1st & 10 at TB 10​

(1:59 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass short right to M.Evans to TB 15 for 5 yards (J.Reeves-Maybin).
  • 2nd & 5 at TB 15​

(1:35 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass short middle intended for C.Otton INTERCEPTED by D.Barnes at TB 28. D.Barnes to TB 28 for no gain (C.Otton).
  • 1st & 10 at TB 28​

(1:33 - 4th) J.Goff kneels to TB 29 for -1 yards.
  • 2nd & 11 at TB 29​

(1:06 - 4th) J.Goff kneels to TB 30 for -1 yards.
  • 3rd & 12 at TB 30​

(0:34 - 4th) J.Goff kneels to TB 31 for -1 yards.

4th round pick Derick Barnes. Brad Holmes is a wizard.
I have him stashed on both my IDP teams. 4th LB but he’s come up big for me a few times.
This was a very good game.. TB has nothing to be ashamed about. Baker played well
right up until he didn’t
That was a bad decision, but it shouldn't overshadow how well he played.
Unfortunately it totally does though. That’s just the nature of sports.

Baker Mayfield now has the only two 300 yard 3 TD games in Bucs history
Fitzpatrick had 4 400 yard games, not 300 yards, with TB. At least one had 3 TDs. The way he was playing in Miami at the end ... I think was as good as Mayfield and Tua are playing now.

He made playoffs with TB?

Why didn't TB call a timeout there with 36 seconds left it been 4th down Detroit would had to try a FG no lock they make it.

It was right TB had 1 timeout left. I just checked the game logs. They called 1 on offense and 1 on defense in the 2nd half.

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

(2:54 - 4th) J.Goff pass short left to D.Montgomery to TB 45 for -4 yards (L.David).
  • 3rd & 11 at TB 45​

• 4th & 11 at TB 45​

(2:06 - 4th) J.Fox punts 35 yards to TB 10, Center-J.McQuaide, fair catch by D.Thompkins.
  • 1st & 10 at TB 10​

• 1st & 10 at TB 10​

(1:59 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass short right to M.Evans to TB 15 for 5 yards (J.Reeves-Maybin).
  • 2nd & 5 at TB 15​

(1:35 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass short middle intended for C.Otton INTERCEPTED by D.Barnes at TB 28. D.Barnes to TB 28 for no gain (C.Otton).
  • 1st & 10 at TB 28​

• 2nd & 11 at TB 29​

• 3rd & 12 at TB 30​

You have to take a TO there and make them kick the FG. That is crazy.

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

• 3rd & 11 at TB 45​

• 4th & 11 at TB 45​

• 1st & 10 at TB 10​

• 1st & 10 at TB 10​

• 2nd & 5 at TB 15​

• 1st & 10 at TB 28​

• 2nd & 11 at TB 29​

• 3rd & 12 at TB 30​

I turned it off after the pick. Why wasn't Detroit taking all the time off the play clock before taking a knee? 1st & 10 with 1:33 left, they should've been able to run that down to like single-digit seconds left without having to worry about TB taking a timeout and forcing a chance to get the ball back.

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

• 3rd & 11 at TB 45​

• 4th & 11 at TB 45​

• 1st & 10 at TB 10​

• 1st & 10 at TB 10​

• 2nd & 5 at TB 15​

• 1st & 10 at TB 28​

• 2nd & 11 at TB 29​

• 3rd & 12 at TB 30​

I turned it off after the pick. Why wasn't Detroit taking all the time off the play clock before taking a knee? 1st & 10 with 1:33 left, they should've been able to run that down to like single-digit seconds left without having to worry about TB taking a timeout and forcing a chance to get the ball back.

Yeah, Detroit played it like Tampa had no TOs also.

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

• 2nd & 7 at TB 41​

• 3rd & 11 at TB 45​

• 4th & 11 at TB 45​

• 1st & 10 at TB 10​

• 1st & 10 at TB 10​

• 2nd & 5 at TB 15​

• 1st & 10 at TB 28​

• 2nd & 11 at TB 29​

• 3rd & 12 at TB 30​

Exactly. So strange. Detroit was playing like TB had no timeouts.

I haven't seen my best friend from childhood in 20 years. We do chat a couple times a year online about this and that. I was raised in a Cowboys or get out household. Him in a 9ers or get out. haha

This #### goes back to the late 60s with us. He just texted me: I have an extra ticket for the game next weekend. You want it?

His wife and best buddy/business partner cannot make it. I texted back: Sorry to hear your wife and best friend are having an affair. See ya late Saturday night!

I haven't seen my best friend from childhood in 20 years. We do chat a couple times a year online about this and that. I was raised in a Cowboys or get out household. Him in a 9ers or get out. haha

This #### goes back to the late 60s with us. He just texted me: I have an extra ticket for the game next weekend. You want it?

His wife and best buddy/business partner cannot make it. I texted back: Sorry to hear your wife and best friend are having an affair. See ya late Saturday night!

Nice. That sounds great. I hope you enjoy it. Niners/Lions tilt sounds crazy.

Thanks. I can't decide what to wear. My old Roger Staubach jersey or buy a Barry Sanders jersey. :)

Thanks. I can't decide what to wear. My old Roger Staubach jersey or buy a Barry Sanders jersey.

Staubach. Or do something really cool and agree to wear a current 49er shirt out of appreciation for the ticket. Do your buddy a big up.

Barring that, Staubach even though Barry was one of my favorites. People will think you're a current Lions fan and all you'll get is grief.

Thanks. I can't decide what to wear. My old Roger Staubach jersey or buy a Barry Sanders jersey. :)
I would recommend this jersey.

Lions +6.5 next week.
Depends on Deebo..Purdy and those WR might have a field day next week
The DET D did nothing to make me terribly worried.

I’m interested in seeing how well the DET O does on grass outdoors against what should be a good SF D.

Gonna be a good one.
Detroit on the road vs a good defense on grass has not been something that has worked well in the past.
I’m hoping for consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread