What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NFC Divisional Round - Bucs at Lions** (-6, 48.5) Kickoff Sun 3:00 (1 Viewer)

Looking forward to this one most of all the games. Mayfield is ballin. The Lions are a great story. I think the Lions win, but I'm not counting out the Mayfield boys!

Also, I got Mayfield late in both my playoff drafts.....F yea!

This seems like a favorable matchup for the Lions, but the Lions secondary has been Swiss cheese and Goff is vulnerable to pressure. Ford Field will be rocking.

The Bucs are kind of like the Rams, with good QB play, a couple of playmaker receivers and plenty of playoff/SB experience. If the Lions/Rams game was basically a coin flip, no reason this one couldn't be the same.

On the other hand, the Bucs are due for another lackluster, go-through-the-motions start and not have enough in the tank to rally back (or stop their rally). Plus the Lions handled them with ease when the Bucs were playing well. If anything, the Lions are better today, and this one is in Detroit.

Detroit 30
Tampa Bay 13

Both teams should be able to throw the ball against inferior pass D’s. The only thing that could stand in the way is coaching ineptitude. Bombs away! 40-24.

Tampa pressure killed Eagles. The difference? Lions have play design and players to slow down that pressure. Lions roar.

31-14 Lions

Lions won by 14 last time, but like the Rams the Bucs have been on a hot streak lately. Lions in another squeaker.

Too early for a score prediction for me but it looks like Vegas doesn't think the Bucs can stop the Lions on offense
I think the Bucs will need to keep Detroit to around 21 to have a chance

Bucs are not built for a shootout with Baker, some of his magic last night was yds after the catch on shorter throws, also the Bucs WR dropped a lot of passes last night
Baker was able to push off Evans/Godwin and was able to find Cotton and his rookie WR3 plus others for some key first downs, he had no issue going to other guys
Thought that was key last night
I expect Mike Evans to come back and have a pretty strong game this week to make amends

Last edited:
Bucs fans:
Expect Rachaad White to not get 60 yards rushing.
Expect a WR (Evans?) to go for 150+ yards.
Expect to have trouble hearing yourself think because of crowd noise when the Lions are on D.
Expect Monty and Gibbs to charge at you hard, while ARSB, LaPorta and Reynolds remain large threats.
Expect Lions fans to see this as a possible easier matchup than the Rams yet be (secretly?) nervous because. Well, you know, the whole Lions franchise history thing.

No prediction from me (why would I start now?), but already looking forward to the game! Go Lions!

Lions won by 14 last time, but like the Rams the Bucs have been on a hot streak lately. Lions in another squeaker.
Eagles beat them by 14 as well.

Bowles historically has actually been pretty good in redemption type games in the playoffs. Saints and Chiefs 2020. Eagles last night. Even had the Rams stymied in 2021 until that Cover O gaffe at the end. :smh:

Bucs won’t be able to blitz like they did last night. St. Brown and LaPorta will carve them to pieces.

Kancey and YaYa weren’t big pieces on D that first matchup. They are now. Both made plays last night.

Lions might be more talented but they’re also going to feel the pressure of a whole lot of miserable years on their shoulders. Bucs come in as no chance underdogs with nothing to lose. Exactly how they like it.

Get some pressure on Goff and he’ll show you why he’s in Detroit.

Great storyline in Detroit continues.
Bucs deserve to be here after spanking The Pheagles at home.
I fear this will be the end of Baker's fun ride but who thought he'd get The Bucs this far?
They'll play loose and spirited but if The Lions and the Ford Field home crowd keep on keeping on it should be...

Detroit Lions- 39
Tampa Bay Bucs- 20

Last time Detroit played Tampa, they were missing:

G Jonah Jackson
RB David Montgomery (hurt in game)
RB Jahmyr Gibbs
DE Josh Paschal
S C.J. Gardner-Johnson
OLB James Houston
S Brian Branch

And they were on the road. Probably their most comfortable win of the season besides Carolina.

James Houston IV is at the end of his 21-day R-IR practice schedule, likely gets added to the roster. Hopefully also get Kalif Raymond back (WR4/KR.)

Alex Anzalone was beat up pretty bad in the Rams game & didn’t finish. We’ll see if he’s on the report tomorrow.

Bucs are a team capable of pulling off something unexpected but last night was just one of those “these two teams going in opposite directions” kind of deals. IDK who was favored but the result was exactly what I expected to see, the culmination of a 7-week slide.

Interestingly, we will once again know if the next round will be home or away beforehand.

Bucs have a lot of champions in their locker room. If I had to pick I’d say the Lions win but I’m comfortable with the chances the Bucs have here. I do think experience matters and they have a ton of it. We’ll see. This is a lot of fun, really impressed with how this team has grown.

Hopefully the 🧀 can pull the upset to bring another home game.

When the Red Sox won their first WS in 86 years, they came back from down 0-3 to the Yankees. Would be just about right to see the first Detroit Super Bowl appearance be paved by having 3 home games as the #3 seed. If you’re gonna break a multi-generational curse, you probably need a miraculous alignment lol.

Lions might be more talented but they’re also going to feel the pressure of a whole lot of miserable years on their shoulders.
If the Lions were ever going to feel pressure it would have been last week, and especially against Stafford and the Rams. They didn't flinch then and they won't flinch now.

I think both teams will have a lot of success throwing the ball but the Lions will be able to run it when they need and Tampa will make more mistakes. Give me Lions 38-27.

Lions might be more talented but they’re also going to feel the pressure of a whole lot of miserable years on their shoulders.
If the Lions were ever going to feel pressure it would have been last week, and especially against Stafford and the Rams. They didn't flinch then and they won't flinch now.
NFC Championship on the line? If things don’t go well early the nerves and pressure just increase when you’re the home team that’s expected to win.

NFC Championship on the line? If things don’t go well early the nerves and pressure just increase when you’re the home team that’s expected to win.

Bring it on, pressure is a good thing. When you’re a competitor there’s nothing better than good on good. Doesn’t get any better than finding out if you’re good enough, that’s what these dudes live for; it is literally what everything they do is about.

That’s the great thing about sports, there’s a winner and there’s a loser.

You experience a lot of growth through the pain of losing and you learn what you don’t know about winning. Detroit is built for this.

Built for adversity, scarred to perfection. This team is incredibly resistant, and Goff embodies that.

When the Red Sox won their first WS in 86 years, they came back from down 0-3 to the Yankees. Would be just about right to see the first Detroit Super Bowl appearance be paved by having 3 home games as the #3 seed. If you’re gonna break a multi-generational curse, you probably need a miraculous alignment lol.

I love the reference, but let me quibble and then make a point. There was no miraculous alignment with those '04 Sox. It was attention to detail and guts and grit and talent. They were built to beat the Yankees and they finally did. Even a mid-season acquisition at the nebulous position of pinch runner came up huge in that pivotal, down 3-0, Game Four with the stolen base of major league baseball history. The Steal. Everything about that team was constructed before the season to beat the Yanks in seven, and then, when things needed a jolt mid-season, they traded away a disgruntled, broken-down franchise cornerstone for an otherwordly shortstop (Orlando Cabrera at the time was so smooth and hit a lick, too), a late-inning 1B defensive replacement, and Dave Roberts as pinch runner. So there was the front office, accounting for everything and having the personnel to do so.

But man, they needed a postseason superhero and HoF'er like David Ortiz to get them going in the series, and he took center stage Games Four and Five (like he would the rest of his playoff career). He dragged the Sox to victory in extra innings on both late nights where bullpens were burned and fans were exhausted. Every piece on that team had a role, though, from starters filling bullpen innings to Derek Lowe pitching six innings of two-hit ball on two days rest in Game Seven. There was no miraculous alignment in that series. The only thing close was Alex Rodriguez slapping the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's hands in Game Six, which was a pivotal turning point of the game. The first base ump missed the call, but they conferenced and got it right, something long-suffering Sox fans couldn't believe happened. That was the only divine intervention, and it was human and procedural. Really, what happened was the best team simply outlasted their nemesis to win the ALCS. Game Seven, after the tension of the three games before it (including the grit of Curt Schilling and his bloody sock from a barbaric ankle procedure earlier that day or week), was a rout. It was decisive, and the World Series, almost an afterthought, was simply a coronation of all things just and right with the world.

Detroit strikes me as a similar unit to the 2003 Red Sox. A player or two away. Their problems in the secondary (which I think they'll need to shore up to make a Super Bowl run—and they will) might be their downfall. But take heart, they've been constructed with these games in mind. They passed the first rough test with the Rams, fighting off a quarterback who was backed by a heck of a squad, a quarterback who had his own reasons and motivation to win in Detroit. Now it's on to the vulnerable Bucs, who will serve as another worthy opponent so long as Baker Mayfield has an adequate game. There's not a joke in the bunch of potential opponents, and Detroit is going to need all of the preseason planning and mid-season adjustment to win the games. SF will be the brick wall—your Yankees—and you're going to find out what you need to shore up in the off-season to beat them if you don't seize the opportunity this year.

Anyway, best of luck. Pulling for Detroit here.

It's gonna be another high-flying game

Detroit 30
Tampa 27

Last edited:
Bucs have only given up 30+ once all year and their defense is fully healthy and playing well right now. They have one of the best red zone D's in the NFL. I could see the Lions getting about 27 points unless the Bucs turn it over 3+ times.

Bucs have not been great on offense in the red zone, so they'll need a few turnovers of their own or to hit some deep shots for TDs if they want to win.

Baker screwed the Lions over in 2022 when he led the Rams to a couple of meaningless late-season wins, dropping them down to the 6th pick. It's time for revenge!

Ceedy Duce has been punched by other players on the field more than any other active player in the league. That’s his game, getting in other team’s heads. Ruthless naysayer.

Glad he’s on our team lol. Biggest big mouth around, brings amazing energy to the locker room and on the field.

I would just like to point out that I was soooo happy that it appeared as the Bucs gameplanned to play the Eagles instead of just doing what they always do. That gives me hope for this game.

I would just like to point out that I was soooo happy that it appeared as the Bucs gameplanned to play the Eagles instead of just doing what they always do. That gives me hope for this game.
I don’t want to say it was an easy offense to plan for, but it kind of was. Especially once AJ Brown was out.

This week? Goff killed them when they pressured with extra guys in week 6. You have to disrupt his rhythm and timing to beat him. The big question will be if the Bucs can do that with just 4 or 5 guys. I don’t think they can afford to blitz. St. Brown and LaPorta will kill them.

Diaby didn’t play much in the first game and Kancey didn’t play at all.

Kancey had 6 pressures against the Eagles. The most ever by a rookie interior defender in the PFF era. Previous was JJ Watt with 5 in 2011.

If Kancey and Vea can be disruptive inside and get Goff off his spot quickly they can slow them down.

The average secondary market ticket price for the Bucs-Lions game on Sunday is $1,186.

That is the highest-priced divisional game EVER.

(last weekend Ford Field had the highest get-in price & average ticket in WC history)

The average secondary market ticket price for the Bucs-Lions game on Sunday is $1,186.

(last weekend Ford Field had the highest get-in price & average ticket in WC history)
Man. That’s awesome.
Is it? Sounds like a bunch of scumbags had their bots buy up tix to re-sell them to people who likely can't afford a price-tag like that.

Man. That’s awesome.
Is it? Sounds like a bunch of scumbags had their bots buy up tix to re-sell them to people who likely can't afford a price-tag like that.
Well, that certainly isn’t how playoff ticket sales would work at Lambeau. Season ticket holders get first dibs — in which case resale price is then simply an indicator of how excited people are to see the game.

Man. That’s awesome.
Well, that certainly isn’t how playoff ticket sales would work at Lambeau. Season ticket holders get first dibs — in which case resale price is then simply an indicator of how excited people are to see the game.

Except for those Gold packages hosers, er no? The worst.

Users who are viewing this thread