What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Lions 10-4 at Vikings 7-7** (+3, 47.5) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

Vikings defense with lots of blitzes could be problematic for Goff who tends to make turnovers when pressured. Also the Vikes have been strong against the run. I think a healthy OL will give Goff enough protection. Detroit just has too many weapons and will put up enough points to beat a backup QB.

Det 28-13.

Vikings defense with lots of blitzes could be problematic for Goff who tends to make turnovers when pressured. Also the Vikes have been strong against the run. I think a healthy OL will give Goff enough protection. Detroit just has too many weapons and will put up enough points to beat a backup QB.

Det 28-13.
detroit has lost the last two in Minn. The Lions will have to run to slow down the Minn blitzes. The key player may be Addison, he really benefits with JJ back.

Det 28-13.
detroit has lost the last two in Minn. The Lions will have to run to slow down the Minn blitzes. The key player may be Addison, he really benefits with JJ back.

It doesn't change the fact they are starting Nick Mullins. His only year with significant start time, he went 2-6 with the freaking 49ers, 12 TDs and 12 Ints. He looked decent last week, but that is one week. Detroit will have film and the defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn will be dialing up a brilliant plan to stop him. OK, so maybe there is a chance.

Det 28-13.

It doesn't change the fact they are starting Nick Mullins. His only year with significant start time, he went 2-6 with the freaking 49ers, 12 TDs and 12 Ints. He looked decent last week, but that is one week. Detroit will have film and the defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn will be dialing up a brilliant plan to stop him. OK, so maybe there is a chance.
If the DL doesn’t get to him, the DBs will get torched. There are a lot of weapons that can make Mullins look better than he is.

I put in a lotto ticket parlay this week, paying +10200

DPJ anytime score
Jamo anytime score
Det -3

It is a Longshot that both score, but they are on the field a bunch. Also have a little of Jamo score and 80 plus yards.

Detroit's OL is healthy

Games in which Decker-Jackson-Ragnow-Glasgow-Sewell started:
  • 34-20 at GB
  • 42-24 CAR
  • 41-38 at LAC
  • 33-28 at NO
  • 42-17 DEN
5-0
38.4 ppg

Mullens is no bum. He broke all of Favre's records at Southern Miss, he has a 400 yard game as a pro, he's had 8 multiple TD games. He is prone to throw interceptions but he's playing a team that struggles to generate turnovers. Vikings have good weapons and with Ty Chandler their run game is improving.

I give Aaron Glenn a lot of credit for showing creativity the last few weeks. He doesn't have enough dudes but they have done well taking some chances and switching up the blitz packages. This team was built to outscore teams not stop them. When they get up it's hard to keep pace with them.

Huge game for Detroit. Win and they clinch their first division title in 30 years. In their 90 year history, they have won 11 regular season games three times, 12 games just once, and have never won 13. Win today and they'll be assured a home playoff game. That has been their number one goal all season.

I like where the team is at. They played relaxed and loose last week, need that same mentality today. Be yourself and have fun. If they play clean with few penalties and win the turnover battle they should win. But there are no easy weeks in the NFL. KOC has done a nice job keeping them in it, and Flores is getting a lot of mileage out of his defense.

Because of the holiday we won't see as much of a takeover this week based on Reddit and X reports of DTW-MSP flights. Our fans have traveled well all year but maybe not so much this week.

This might have been an exciting end to the season for the NFC north with cousins but without cousins the lions pretty much have the easiest schedule a team could wish for...

I put in a lotto ticket parlay this week, paying +10200

DPJ anytime score
Jamo anytime score
Det -3

It is a Longshot that both score, but they are on the field a bunch. Also have a little of Jamo score and 80 plus yards.
Great bets all around! I have all three by themselves, not a parlay. Love the risk/reward side of DPJ @ +1500. I also have the DET D for an anytime TD. Off topic a bit, I also bet a fun social prop Merry Thiccmas for an anytime TD from an Offensive Lineman in any game this weekend. Its that time of a year for one to hit!!

Detroit's OL is healthy

• 34-20 at GB
  • 42-24 CAR
  • 41-38 at LAC
  • 33-28 at NO
  • 42-17 DEN
5-0
38.4 ppg
And 3-0 on the road.

I have to admit I'm concerned about this O/D matchup being a little too similar to the Bears game in terms of the running game for the Lions. But the o line wasn't together for that game and the weather is not going to be cold and windy in the dome.

I'm not going to predict a specific score but I think Lions win by 1 to 6 points.

Detroit's OL is healthy

• 34-20 at GB
  • 42-24 CAR
  • 41-38 at LAC
  • 33-28 at NO
  • 42-17 DEN
5-0
38.4 ppg
And 3-0 on the road.

I have to admit I'm concerned about this O/D matchup being a little too similar to the Bears game in terms of the running game for the Lions. But the o line wasn't together for that game and the weather is not going to be cold and windy in the dome.

I'm not going to predict a specific score but I think Lions win by 1 to 6 points.
I’ll take a 41-38 game somehow haha.

Even though I'm starting Chandler in several leagues, I'm benching him in one for Wicks, especially if Reed is out. I have a feeling Detroit will bottle him up today.

Even though I'm starting Chandler in several leagues, I'm benching him in one for Wicks, especially if Reed is out. I have a feeling Detroit will bottle him up today.
Just heard Mattison will probably play, so in a tough matchup and Mattison will cap Chandler's value, I'm starting to bench Chandler. I had him in everywhere, but not now. I still have to start Chandler in a couple of leagues however. I'm not expecting a lot from Chandler today.

@TomPelissero

RB Alexander Mattison (ankle) is expected to play today against Detroit, source said, but he’s not 100%. Expect Minnesota to keep riding Ty Chandler.

The Lions are bringing K Michael Badgley and TE Anthony Firkster up from the practice squad. They were down to two TEs with Brock White out. Unfortunately, they can only bring up two players so that means Bruce Irvin will not play today.

This game mirrors the Browns-Texans game today where one tam feels like decidedly better and is only laying 3 points on the road
I want to like Detroit today but they do play differently on the road at times.

I'm going to waffle ack and forth on this one for a bit.
Think I'm sitting Monty today for JT, we'll see how that goes.

Meh...Look at the two games that he used to make Goff look bad. Week 5 of the first year of the rebuild during which the Lions went 0-10-1. And last year week 3 in the mist of the 2nd year of the rebuild when they went 1-6. Not convincing at all. Especially the first year, there was zero offensive talent and a crappy offensive coordinator who was fired shortly thereafter.

Meh...Look at the two games that he used to make Goff look bad. Week 5 of the first year of the rebuild during which the Lions went 0-10-1. And last year week 3 in the mist of the 2nd year of the rebuild when they went 1-6. Not convincing at all. Especially the first year, there was zero offensive talent and a crappy offensive coordinator who was fired shortly thereafter.
I like more the Minn part vs the Lions pass D.

The Lions run percentage inside the 5 has to be above 90 percent and probably 20 points higher than the closest team. Except for a short stench, it has been effective.

Monty!
Great start for the Lions against a Vikings team that's been shutting teams down hard in the 1st quarter.
Despite those first quarter numbers, the Lions chose to receive when they won the toss. So they have a 14 play drive that took 8 minutes off the clock. They did a great job in blitz pickup and Goff looked sharp, even when under pressure.

Keep it going boys. :thumbup:

Nick Mullens has that Jameis Winston quality you love to see if you own their WR in FF. He's never seen a throw he doesn't think he can make.

Users who are viewing this thread