What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFCC***San Francisco at Philadelphia*** (-2.5, 46). Eagles 31-7 (1 Viewer)

Philly 23
SanF 00

That's my Taco Tuesday forecast
That can change as the week unfolds
31-7

I said Eagles -23
and it's Eagles -24

I had no idea Purdy would exit the game but it's possible the outcome would have been similar
Philly not getting enough credit for wiping out the opposition

38-7 last week?
31-7 NFCC?

They deserve to Rep the NFC in the Super Bowl

Last edited:
Congrats, Eagles fans.

Tough day to be a 49er fan.
Don't you dare hang your head
Great QB controversy on the horizon
Well respected HC and GM/Front Office
Loaded at OL/DL, the areas you should be good in, you guys got those.
QB is still up in the air but I plan on using the Niners as a prime example of why teams should not be on a search for the next Burrow or Mahomes, they won't be found in every draft so better to be loaded at all the other spots. Still think SF will be around for years to come as possible SB Reps for the NFC

It hurts today, it will suck this week, and you'll wonder what might have been on the day of the Super Bowl but many good Sundays ahead for your team

Philly 23
SanF 00

31-7

I said Eagles -23
and it's Eagles -24

I had no idea Purdy would exit the game but it's possible the outcome would have been similar

38-7 last week?
31-7 NFCC?

They deserve t Rep the NFCC in the Super Bowl
Eagles were winning that game regardless.

Philly 23
SanF 00

31-7

I said Eagles -23
and it's Eagles -24

38-7 last week?
31-7 NFCC?

It is also possible the outcome wouldn't have been similar. We will never know. Knocking out Purdy/Johnson effectively eliminated Samuel, Kittle, and Aiyuk. That's a lot of weapons to neutralize.

Congrats, Eagles fans.

Tough day to be a 49er fan.
Don't you dare hang your head
Great QB controversy on the horizon
Well respected HC and GM/Front Office
Loaded at OL/DL, the areas you should be good in, you guys got those.
QB is still up in the air but I plan on using the Niners as a prime example of why teams should not be on a search for the next Burrow or Mahomes, they won't be found in every draft so better to be loaded at all the other spots. Still think SF will be around for years to come as possible SB Reps for the NFC

It hurts today, it will suck this week, and you'll wonder what might have been on the day of the Super Bowl but many good Sundays ahead for your team
I'm OK. I was ready for a loss. For it to go the way it did was rough.

Even though we've been to 6 straight NFCCGs without a ring, I'd rather be a yearly contender than a team like the Cardinals or Bears, FWIW. No offense, Cardinal or Bear fans, yall know what I mean.

Philly 23
SanF 00

31-7

I said Eagles -23
and it's Eagles -24

38-7 last week?
31-7 NFCC?

Eagles were winning that game regardless.
ehh. mehby. Sure would like for Purdy to have been in for more than 2 plays.

I've read this thread and just jumped in here . . . but this has to be one of the worst championship games yet. Never was competitive or in doubt once Purdy went out. They should have just called it at half and started the AFCCG early.

49er fans, I feel for you. That’s a crapoy way to lose. It was a helluva season and you all were a great team. No one got the game we wanted, or expected. Shame it came down to injuries. I really wanted to see how the Eagles matched up full-strength.

Take comfoet you all have a strong core for years to come.

As a Washington fan I can't cheer for the Eagles, ever, but they have been great all year long. I do think the AFC is going to win it all though. Hoping Bengals best the Chiefs and Burrow gets his first of many rings.

I've read this thread and just jumped in here . . . but this has to be one of the worst championship games yet. Never was competitive or in doubt once Purdy went out. They should have just called it at half and started the AFCCG early.
Johnson drove them to a TD with alot help from CMC. At 7-7 the game was still in doubt.

I think PHI matches up well with KC. SF has more elite skill position players. Bradberry/Slay won't have any trouble with Smith-Schuster/Toney and co. Pachecho isn't going to get space with the DL. It will be the Mahomes/Kelce show.....and if PHI can even remotely slow Kelce.....:fonzie: "Heeeeeeyyyyyy".

CIN will provide a tougher matchup; with Chase and Higgins..... But even then, I don't know if Mixon can move against the Line....nor do I think CIN's line can even remotely slow that Birds pass rush. Burrow will have to deal with being put on his butt 6+ times to get that win.

I don't think either of those D's even remotely as good as SFs....so PHI will be able to play more of their game. One thing about KC and CIN though; PHI thrives on getting up a team and just pounding them. Both KC and CIN could come back from 28 if they had to. So they aren't going to lose much of their playbook falling behind early.

Johnson drove them to a TD with alot help from CMC. At 7-7 the game was still in doubt.
Agreed -- also given the first Philly TD was after a non-catch (bad no challenge by SF) and the punt roughing penalty was a game changer -- SF other def penalties helped Philly move and score.

Congrats Philly fans! I pretty much assumed a win here, just not this way-- I will say I enjoyed the Foles team (over Pats) more than this one -:P--

Sorry Niners fans. This game would have been completely different with a healthy Purdy. Johnson pretty much gave the game away. They had no chance of winning with him in there. Niners D was awesome in the first half but they knew game was over once Purdy got hurt.

Not piling on but coaching did make a significant difference. Shanahan not challenging the Smith catch can be excused, but is made even worse after siriani has the cajones to throw challenge flag that was overturned into a fumble In That 1st quarter.

I think PHI matches up well with KC. SF has more elite skill position players. Bradberry/Slay won't have any trouble with Smith-Schuster/Toney and co. Pachecho isn't going to get space with the DL. It will be the Mahomes/Kelce show.....and if PHI can even remotely slow Kelce.....:fonzie: "Heeeeeeyyyyyy".

CIN will provide a tougher matchup; with Chase and Higgins..... But even then, I don't know if Mixon can move against the Line....nor do I think CIN's line can even remotely slow that Birds pass rush. Burrow will have to deal with being put on his butt 6+ times to get that win.

I don't think either of those D's even remotely as good as SFs....so PHI will be able to play more of their game. One thing about KC and CIN though; PHI thrives on getting up a team and just pounding them. Both KC and CIN could come back from 28 if they had to. So they aren't going to lose much of their playbook falling behind early.
As a Philly fan, I'd rather Cinci any day. They will get a ton of pressure on Burrow. Mahomes will magically whisk himself around the field, throwing to Kelce who is also somehow wide open.

Some things I love about the Trent Williams suplex:

1. Purdy tripping over the OL to back up
  2. CMC just wants to give a ref the football and get tackled again
  3. Wallace gets up swinging

Some things I love about the Trent Williams suplex:

1. Purdy tripping over the OL to back up
  2. CMC just wants to give a ref the football and get tackled again
  3. Wallace gets up swinging
he body slammed him because the refs were calling the game one way and SF coach never loses cool but today was so upset because of the ticky tack calls one way and thats why

Not piling on but coaching did make a significant difference. Shanahan not challenging the Smith catch can be excused, but is made even worse after siriani has the cajones to throw challenge flag that was overturned into a fumble In That 1st quarter.
in my opinion his arm had just started to go forward. its physics the ball went like 6 yards forward if his arm was moving backwards and his arm was hit the ball would either just drop or go backwards. explain how that hitting of arm from right to left made the ball move forward if purdys arm was not moving somewhat forward.??

That’s a ridiculous catch by Smith
it wasnt a catch
when a game starts off with them allowing a big deep catch that obviously hit ground and Eagles scoring right after you need to wonder why that is? SF def on that drive had them in trouble and they call an obvious no catch a catch and put a team ahead early with that Def and firepower !! no wonder
Lol obvious no catch. Good job by the SF coaches to not throw the flag on it since it was so obvious.

That’s a ridiculous catch by Smith
it wasnt a catch
when a game starts off with them allowing a big deep catch that obviously hit ground and Eagles scoring right after you need to wonder why that is? SF def on that drive had them in trouble and they call an obvious no catch a catch and put a team ahead early with that Def and firepower !! no wonder
If it obviously hit the ground why didn’t SF challenge the catch?

Users who are viewing this thread