What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL 2011 Kickoff - Green Bay v. New Orleans Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Why would the Saints give the ball to a rookie with Drew Brees at QB for the last play? Crazy! Welcome to FF 2011- Brees and Rodgers show you why they are the top QBs in the NFC.

Biggest play of the game has to go to the refs not ejecting Woodson for throwing a kidney punch. Saints probably spread the field on that last play if Woodson isn't in there.

Biggest play of the game has to go to the refs not ejecting Woodson for throwing a kidney punch. Saints probably spread the field on that last play if Woodson isn't in there.
Let it go!!!Could and should Woodson have been tossed. Sure, you can say that. But it's football. Saints had chances to win and didnt get it done.Stop crying. The team you root for is too good for that!

Ingram needs to start hitting the running lanes harder. He looked hesitant on that last run..

Damn, knew that Colston fumble in the first half was a killer.
Think all of us Saints fans knew right then that the game would end with us desperately trying to catch up. Seems familiar but I'm too toasted and mad to remember which game.
Gotta improve significantly on defense. If we continue with that kind of performance we're looking at a sub .500 season.

Ingram needs to start hitting the running lanes harder. He looked hesitant on that last run..
Did you really just say he needs to hit the running lanes harder and support your claim by throwing that play out there? A play where there is no lanes and if he goes balls out immediately he doesn't even get off the ground?

Did you really just say he needs to hit the running lanes harder and support your claim by throwing that play out there? A play where there is no lanes and if he goes balls out immediately he doesn't even get off the ground?
I should have added that he looked hesitant on other runs aswell

I should have added that he looked hesitant on other runs aswell
I didn't see that at all. In fact, Collinsworth commented on how he hts the hole with authority and vision.

Can we rewind tonight? I missed (as well as 1.4 million others) a great game because of some BS power outage. I sure hope this is on NFL network via rewind. This is not how i wanted to open the season.

Upon further review, this game is a massive blowout without Drew Brees. Not a single Saints receiver could get open, forcing Drew to send it on a rope every time. (Lance Moore can't return soon enough.) Meanwhile the Packers targets repeatedly had yards of cushion and the Saints couldn't tackle a girl after the catch. Absolutely no one stepped up for the Saints in any appreciable way except two plays from Sproles. They were worked hard and it's a huge credit to Brees they had any chance at all to tie it.

Pretty disappointing night for us Finley owners. He had 53 yards in receptions, I think all in the first quarter. Hasn't even been a target since then.
I'm looking forward to seeing the coaches tape over on this game to see exactly what was going on. Couple of things I noticed though, he was lined up all over the field and was in for a ton of plays. Rodgers did look towards Finley a few times in the redzone, but it seemed like he progressed to his next read every time. Even though Quarless is #2 on the official depth chart it looks like Tom Crabtree has that job.

Damn, knew that Colston fumble in the first half was a killer.
Nah it was the fact that Woodson wasn't kicked out.Not the fumble, not the 108yd kickoff return,not the goaline standnot the 4th down stand earlier in the game.not the 300 yds and 3TDs thrown by RodgersIt was because Superman Woodson wasn't booted. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread