What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL live from Germany **Colts at Patriots** (+1.5, 43) 9:30/6:30am, set your alarms (2 Viewers)

Mac threw off his back foot again on that red zone INT. He continues to throw off his back foot and make mistakes. The personnel around him sucks, but he’s not improving his own mechanics either.

How are the Colts 5-5? These are both mediocre-to-bad football teams.

Colts have an amazing O-line and great play calling. Getting a lot of mileage out of the talent they have.
Amazing OL is pushing it. Its above average, probably around 10th or so in the league. Play calling has mostly been good but was kinda garbage today. Pretty much just slamming Taylor into the teeth of the defense over and over, no screens (which have been super effective all year for them) and little PA.

Minshew could be a Patriot competing with someone for the QB job in 2024. They have lots of cap space.
Hoping NE would be very interested in the Carolina 1st round pick that Chicago owns.
NE currently has the 1.03 pick, pending today's games. With a NYG loss it goes back to 1.04, unless Kyler beats ATL. The NE-NYG game in 2 weeks could be pivotal.
I'm expecting Arizona to win some games with Kyler at QB. That said, its very possible NYG don't win again this season.

Colts have an amazing O-line and great play calling. Getting a lot of mileage out of the talent they have.
Amazing OL is pushing it. Its above average, probably around 10th or so in the league. Play calling has mostly been good but was kinda garbage today. Pretty much just slamming Taylor into the teeth of the defense over and over, no screens (which have been super effective all year for them) and little PA.

The pass blocking has been tremendous all year. Richardson had all kind of space to operate in, and Minshew has had a lot of time to throw.

Minshew in this system and behind this line is 8th in the NFL in QBR. Richardson looked more comfortable back there with more time to throw than at any point in college, even when playing against teams like Southwestern Carolina Technical University, and was schemed into a lot of wide open, very easy passes. Journeyman Zack Moss was averaging near 5 yards per carry behind this line.

It's a great system/line. If they can add a little more talent and get everyone back they could be a pretty good team next year. I made a nice chunk of change gambling on them early in the year before they started getting more respect from gamblers.

Last edited:

So basically unlike the Pats, they are well coached? I haven’t seen a single Colts game this year until today.

Steichen strikes me as a good administrator. Made his bones as a quarterback whisperer but he's detail oriented and they seem like they are well prepared. Just my impressions from watching All 22s, no idea what media or commentators say about him.

Had to make a sacrifice this morning and opted to catch up on some sleep and skip the Colts game
Doesn't look like I missed a lot
1970 Saints vs Lions

***TRIGGER WARNING***
I can’t believe I saw that game, or the last part of it.. The Saints were one of the worst teams in the league. Edited - Forgot Lions were pretty good in 1970 and finished 10-4. Must have been the only game on, or I was too lazy to get up and change the channel. We didn’t have channel changers back then. It was the Tom Dempsey game.

Last edited:
Had to make a sacrifice this morning and opted to catch up on some sleep and skip the Colts game
Doesn't look like I missed a lot
1970 Saints vs Lions

***TRIGGER WARNING***
I can’t believe I saw that game. Two of the worst teams in the league. Must have been the only game on, or I was too lazy to get up and change the channel. We didn’t have channel changers back then. It was the Tom Dempsey game.

we were going snow mobiling. takes awhile to get your gear on - Dad and brother got mad because I insisted we watch the kickoff with a few seconds left. Saints ran one play, out rotue for 17 yards. they're in the garage firing up the sleds, I'm standing in the doorway in my snowmobile suit and helmet with the yellow visor watching that FG.....it took forever to travel 63 yards.....

first of many heartbreaks from the Lions

Users who are viewing this thread