What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Unveils Plans for Sunday Night TV Games (1 Viewer)

snogger

Footballguy
Sorry if :honda:

For Weeks 10-15 and Week 17, the final regular-season weekend, all Sunday games will be listed with start times of 1 p.m. or 4:05-4:15 p.m. EST.

The league must then announce which match will be played Sunday night at least 12 days before the date of the game.
Sunday Night Games

The only people negatively affected by this are those attending the games; especially those who travel a significant distance to see the game; for example myself traveling to Philly to see the Vikings.

However, the majority of these fans will be fans of teams having a successful season and may even welcome attending the game in which their team is playing another high-profile and successful team.

If I was a season ticket holder for the Jets who were having a 3-10 season and their 1:00 game was being moved to 8:00, I would be a little perturbed. But these scenarios should not happen.

On the flop side, if I was a season ticket holder for the Jets who were having a 10-3 season and their 1:00 game against the 10-3 Dolphins was being moved to 8:00 on a Sunday, I think the magnitude of the game would outweight any inconvenience of the changing of the start time.

Just my two cents.

The only people negatively affected by this are those attending the games; especially those who travel a significant distance to see the game; for example myself traveling to Philly to see the Vikings.

However, the majority of these fans will be fans of teams having a successful season and may even welcome attending the game in which their team is playing another high-profile and successful team.

If I was a season ticket holder for the Jets who were having a 3-10 season and their 1:00 game was being moved to 8:00, I would be a little perturbed. But these scenarios should not happen.

On the flop side, if I was a season ticket holder for the Jets who were having a 10-3 season and their 1:00 game against the 10-3 Dolphins was being moved to 8:00 on a Sunday, I think the magnitude of the game would outweight any inconvenience of the changing of the start time.

Just my two cents.
Onion, have you been to the Meadowlands on a December night? I used to sit in section 337 nose bleeds, and those Sunday/Monday night games sent me home to buy the Ticket!But I do like the concept of flexible schedules. It just makes sense to have high profile games stand alone.

Onion, have you been to the Meadowlands on a December night? I used to sit in section 337 nose bleeds, and those Sunday/Monday night games sent me home to buy the Ticket!

But I do like the concept of flexible schedules. It just makes sense to have high profile games stand alone.
I lived 9 miles from the Meadowlands from 2003 to 2005 and I have to say December nights are relatively warm. I think New Yorkers need to count their blessings for being in a fairly moderate-climate for December and January.

If I was a season ticket holder for the Jets who were having a 3-10 season and their 1:00 game was being moved to 8:00, I would be a little perturbed.  But these scenarios should not happen.

Just my two cents.
good postKids that have to get up for school will be affected by the time change. I'd imagine Dad's will agree with you above until their son misses the one game he was looking forward to. "In my world" father+son stuff is/was a big part of the NFL, I imagine other families are similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

If I was a season ticket holder for the Jets who were having a 3-10 season and their 1:00 game was being moved to 8:00, I would be a little perturbed.  But these scenarios should not happen.

Just my two cents.
good postKids that have to get up for school will be affected by the time change. I'd imagine Dad's will agree with you above until their son misses the one game he was looking forward to. "In my world" father+son stuff is/was a big part of the NFL, I imagine other families are similar.
True; but they won't be having any more Sunday night games than they were before. Just that they have the flexibility to schedule them later, and have them be meaningful games, rather than SFO vs NOR.

Users who are viewing this thread