What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Foles Landing Spot/Contract Size (Jags, reportedly 4/88 50 guaranteed) (4 Viewers)

How's he going to fit and play in Jags' system?
This is my biggest fear, I'm all of the sudden a Jags fan... My loyalty will always fall in SF, but now I can root for two bad franchises instead of one. DeFilippo being the OC gives me some confidence in them, but they need to get him some weapons. 

This is what I see at WR:

Donte Moncrief, Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook, Rashad Greene Sr., Marqise Lee, DJ Chark Jr., Jaydon Mickens, Andre Levrone, C.J. Board.

Add in ASJ and some other bums at TE and my confidence in his weapons is not high. 

This needs to be addressed. Maybe get TJ Hock in with their first rounder or someone like Irv Smith with their second. Westbrook is the only WR I really think is worth anything, although maybe Cole can surprise me. Hopefully the realization that he isn't going to be worth #### in 2 years lights a fire under Fournette's ### and he plays like a stud RB, but I won't hold my breath. Honestly, I have to do some reading on the OL as I don't know that much about them.

I didn't want him in Jax, I don't think this is the best spot for him to succeed, but they were the high bidder and I can't knock him for going there. 

My prediction:  Jacksonville to be with DiFillipo.  3 years/65 million.
Here it is @fantasycurse42.  Notice the date. I guessed 3 years at 21.7 per to Jacksonville.  He was paid 22 per year for four years to Jacksonville.  Other than admitting I was off by a year on the length, not sure how I could have nailed it much better.

Oh, the date I posted this was 1/16. Please go check the originals so that you know it wasn't edited since.

I'll accept your apology either here or in private message. (But I'd rather it be here so everyone else can see your shame) 

I think anyone questioning who they were bidding against is fair and it’s seperate than market value. You’re not paying market value if there’s no market. Assuming they were the only ones in of course. 
I honestly believe the Giants were involved, but they were prob closer to 3/60 with like 30 guaranteed, decision was easy for him. The Giants are going to use a draft pick on someone like Haskins, when they have the skilled position players in place to have a dynamic offense now. If they would've cut ties with Eli and gone after Foles, I really feel their offense would've been excellent this year.

They ####ed up. 

I'm sure there were other inquiries prob in that range I quoted above give or take, but with Defilippo in Jax, he wanted Foles, and they paid for him. Obviously Foles is happy playing with Defilippo, he is the unquestioned leader of this team, and he got paid - so he went with Jax. The guy got what his market value was, imo. I'm just worried that the players they have around him don't suit his skillset, when the Giants have all of the pieces for him to light it up. 

I hate the Giants anyways, so whatever.

I love Foles. Best backup in the league. I think the Case Keenum from last year comparison is a good one. And I think he will get a similar contract from someone. 

Nick Foles has been around awhile. We know what he is.  You will find out in the offseason when you see the offers that Foles gets. The GM's in the league know what he is too. He can get very hot at times. He can also play like he did the first two games this season. Or an entire season with the Rams. Or his second season under Chip Kelly.  You don't give up a top 3 quarterback in the entire league for a guy who's basically a journeyman who can get hot at times.

Yes, a healthy Foles is as good as a 75% healthy Wentz. why don't you compare Foles' performance to Wentz's last year?  As for the keenum comparison, I think it's going to be very close to accurate once he signs somewhere else. You will see.  It's very similar. Gm's were debating over the very average keenum they've seen a lot of and the very good Keenum we saw for one season with the Vikings. And tried to decide if he just got hot at the right time or if he improved as he got older. They will be making that same decision with Foles 

At the risk of further damaging my case of owning a fan card,  I will remind you of a little facts from 2015. Nick Foles was given the Rams starting job. He was terrible all season and eventually lost his job to...wait for it....Case Keenum. 

I also think Jeff Fisher was a terrible coach. I was simply responding to a dumb statement that was said to me. Acting like it's absurd to compare Keenan with Foles when Keenum actually beat Foles out the year they were on the same team. Both play for the same coach by the way.

you think Foles is going to sign for more in the offseason in Case Keenum did last year?  I think it's going to be very similar, which is why I made the comparison. But you said anyone comparing the two should turn in his fan card. So I take that as meaning you think Foles is going to sign a humongous contract, far exceeding what Keenum signed for.  Are you going on record as saying that?

You might want to look up Keenum stats from last year. He had a very good year. Which earned him a very big contract.  That's why I think they will be similar.  I can't imagine how much you think Foles is going to get paid if you think it's going to blow away what Keenum got.  I hope you're right. I'd love to see him get rewarded for what he brought to our city.  I just think that in the end, it's going to be very similar 

Dismissing his year with the Rams because Fisher was coach is weak.  Fisher didn't fail to read the defenses or throw the interceptions. His offense might not be one that allows quarterbacks to rack up big numbers, but he still the one taking the snaps reading the defenses and making the throws. Foles was terrible that year.  He doesn't get a mulligan. 

I can keep going, but I'm done - the quotes are clear as day... Sure, you can quote one opinion, then a different one 4 days later, then another a week after, and at some point, just like a broken clock, you'll be correct. 

World's biggest blowhard. Go read the Eagles thread from last year, start around late December. You really dropped some dynamite gold in there. I'd assume you're never wrong about anything. This thread was started bc of JuniorNB and a few others. Most were gracious enough to say they misjudged his value, yet here we are with NB trying to solidify how on point he was, even though his quotes are clear as day. You'd be in here highlighting those quotes had this gone the other way. 

The worst part about someone like him is he actually believes his own stupid bull****. 

"Oh yea, I meant M, not K to equal million, oops, I knew that" 

I'm just going back to ignoring him, but he can go on (and I'm sure he will) and continue to say how he nailed it. 

Guy obviously wears a name tag at work. 

December, December, December, December...  Why aren't you posting my January posts?   I knew his salary would go up as the result of the playoff win and near win.

Just admit that you messed up and called out the wrong guy. I posted my prediction from after the Saints game. 21.7 for three years to Jacksonville.  Short a year and nailed it on the money. I know you hate that. With every fiber of your body. But it's right there for the world to see. Get well soon.  lol

Now feel free to use Private message if you'd like me to continue to curb stomp you. You're boring the crap out of everyone. :popcorn:

I can keep going, but I'm done - the quotes are clear as day... Sure, you can quote one opinion, then a different one 4 days later, then another a week after, and at some point, just like a broken clock, you'll be correct. 

World's biggest blowhard. Go read the Eagles thread from last year, start around late December. You really dropped some dynamite gold in there. I'd assume you're never wrong about anything. This thread was started bc of JuniorNB and a few others. Most were gracious enough to say they misjudged his value, yet here we are with NB trying to solidify how on point he was, even though his quotes are clear as day. You'd be in here highlighting those quotes had this gone the other way. 

The worst part about someone like him is he actually believes his own stupid bull****. 

"Oh yea, I meant M, not K to equal million, oops, I knew that" 

I'm just going back to ignoring him, but he can go on (and I'm sure he will) and continue to say how he nailed it. 

Guy obviously wears a name tag at work. 
Please put me on ignore.  t will save you from me making a fool like this. You'll sleep better. Nothing more embarrassing than calling someone out and then realizing they nailed it.   Oh, and you have no idea how much I'm smiling about the fact that you're desperately trying to scrape up old posts to back up your claims. lol  I am deep in that little today.

Oh, and you're right about my nametag. Except it's on my office door. ;)  

I honestly believe the Giants were involved, but they were prob closer to 3/60 with like 30 guaranteed, decision was easy for him. The Giants are going to use a draft pick on someone like Haskins, when they have the skilled position players in place to have a dynamic offense now. If they would've cut ties with Eli and gone after Foles, I really feel their offense would've been excellent this year.

They ####ed up. 

I'm sure there were other inquiries prob in that range I quoted above give or take, but with Defilippo in Jax, he wanted Foles, and they paid for him. Obviously Foles is happy playing with Defilippo, he is the unquestioned leader of this team, and he got paid - so he went with Jax. The guy got what his market value was, imo. I'm just worried that the players they have around him don't suit his skillset, when the Giants have all of the pieces for him to light it up. 

I hate the Giants anyways, so whatever.
Giants weren't involved with Foles at all. Source is basically as good as it gets. 

You are WAY too concerned with being right.  How long did that even take you?  It seems you've become more of a fan of the guy just because of your 'prediction".  C'mon man, he got a huge deal and deserves it... Junior is happy about that I'm sure.  Nick seems like a great dude and a charity likely getting more money is far more important than falling asleep feeling like you were right on a message board. 

I also didn't think he'd get this much and am thrilled to be wrong on it.  Looking at these contracts dished out this week though, it seems like every single player across the board is getting about 20% more than I ever thought they'd get.

Do you have a link?
I think we would have heard at least SOME interest from the Giants if it were the case.  The Jags imminent deal was reported a long time ago.  He seemed destined to go there, and say what you want about money ruling everything, but I'll stand by the fact that Nick is likely the type of guy to chase a better situation for his family than a bit more money.  Of course his agent will get him as much as he can, but I think he probably told his agent that he wanted to go to Jax.  As much as the weapons aren't as good as in NY, he gets to move his family to a warm city, reunite with his QB coach, and fully lead a team that isn't in Phillys div.  I personally think he would have taken Jax even if NY offered him the exact same deal.

You are WAY too concerned with being right.  How long did that even take you?  It seems you've become more of a fan of the guy just because of your 'prediction".  C'mon man, he got a huge deal and deserves it... Junior is happy about that I'm sure.  Nick seems like a great dude and a charity likely getting more money is far more important than falling asleep feeling like you were right on a message board. 

I also didn't think he'd get this much and am thrilled to be wrong on it.  Looking at these contracts dished out this week though, it seems like every single player across the board is getting about 20% more than I ever thought they'd get.
You always make a lot of assumptions? Your buddy (who was booted from FFT for being a blowhard there too) made the same comparison to Keenum 200x, going to 1/1/2019 quoted above - I simply called him on it. This thread was in part started bc of him, yet he was in here patting himself on the back as the details were being released :lmao:  BigBoy on the other hand was gracious and admitting he saw the value was off, didn't quote a single post of his in this thread. I'm sure he is very knowledgeable about the Eagles and whatnot, maybe he just had his blinders on in this one particular situation. Everyone who debates stuff is right sometimes and wrong others (unless they argue every angle, then theyre always right). 

I was on the Foles bandwagon before it left the station, he is a good guy to root for. 

There was supposedly interest in Foles according to a lot of NY media sources over the last month, a simple Google search reveals that. And if his family is so happy around here, I don't think moving them 45 minutes northeast closer to the Giants facility would've made a big difference. With Shurmur there already, the weapons in place, I think he would've happily gone there if the price was right. Who knows, I don't really care - hope they surround him with talent in Jax. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You always make a lot of assumptions? Your buddy (who was booted from FFT for being a blowhard there too) made the same comparison to Keenum 200x, going to 1/1/2019 quoted above - I simply called him on it. This thread was in part started bc of him, yet he was in here patting himself on the back as the details were being released :lmao:  BigBoy on the other hand was gracious and admitting he saw the value was off, didn't quote a single post of his in this thread. I'm sure he is very knowledgeable about the Eagles and whatnot, maybe he just had his blinders on in this one particular situation. Everyone who debates stuff is right sometimes and wrong others (unless they argue every angle, then theyre always right). 

I was on the Foles bandwagon before it left the station, he is a good guy to root for. 

There was supposedly interest in Foles according to a lot of NY media sources over the last month, a simple Google search reveals that. And if his family is so happy around here, I don't think moving them 45 minutes northeast closer to the Giants facility would've made a big difference. With Shurmur there already, the weapons in place, I think he would've happily gone there if the price was right. Who knows, I don't really care - hope they surround him with talent in Jax. 
Not sure his family was 'so happy' around Philly.  He had an ideal situation there though and no one can argue that the stars aligned for this guy.  I honestly didn't hear much about the Giants interest in him... they've committed to Eli being their QB next year.  Denver would have been good but they got Flacco.  It's really strange how few teams were looking for a qb this year... has to be lower than most years.  Seems everyone is giving their guys (Eli, Dalton, Etc. Etc. Etc.)  one more bridge year to see what they have and then aim for the qb-rich 2020 draft.  Jax has seemed like a foregone conclusion since the day Denver got Flacco a month ago.

Not sure his family was 'so happy' around Philly.  He had an ideal situation there though and no one can argue that the stars aligned for this guy.  I honestly didn't hear much about the Giants interest in him... they've committed to Eli being their QB next year.  Denver would have been good but they got Flacco.  It's really strange how few teams were looking for a qb this year... has to be lower than most years.  Seems everyone is giving their guys (Eli, Dalton, Etc. Etc. Etc.)  one more bridge year to see what they have and then aim for the qb-rich 2020 draft.  Jax has seemed like a foregone conclusion since the day Denver got Flacco a month ago.
I forget who, but when we first started talking about this in the Eagles thread in December, someone called Jax back then - that was a good call. 

I personally think Jax isn't a great situation for him as of now, but hopefully they get him surrounded with some talent. 

You should really stay down. I posted my final prediction from mid-January. It cannot be disputed. I nailed it on the money. Because me> you. And that really irks you. It's fun watching you flip out and write these novels though. I love being locked inside your little head.  Do you wear my picture in a pendent around your neck?   Oh, and tell me why I don't post on FFToday board anymore?  Your 'blowhard' story fascinates me. Because you are MILES and MILES from being right. And your lack of knowledge doesn't stop you from being wrong with such confidence. :doh: :lol:

I forget who, but when we first started talking about this in the Eagles thread in December, someone called Jax back then - that was a good call. 

I personally think Jax isn't a great situation for him as of now, but hopefully they get him surrounded with some talent. 
Jax has always made a lot of sense.  I thought Miami and Denver would be more so in the mix too but neither showed interest (Not a knock on Nick, just that Denver got Flacco and Miami looks to be tanking for a top one next year).  Obviously his situation in Jax isn't going to be as good as it was in Philly... not sure any situation in the league would be as good as the situation he had in Philly.  A lot of his success has been situational so we'll have to see how he performs in a slightly less ideal situation there.  Hopefully he can bring the culture that he learned in Philly down to Jax because they seem to really be missing that.

Jax has always made a lot of sense.  I thought Miami and Denver would be more so in the mix too but neither showed interest (Not a knock on Nick, just that Denver got Flacco and Miami looks to be tanking for a top one next year).  Obviously his situation in Jax isn't going to be as good as it was in Philly... not sure any situation in the league would be as good as the situation he had in Philly.  A lot of his success has been situational so we'll have to see how he performs in a slightly less ideal situation there.  Hopefully he can bring the culture that he learned in Philly down to Jax because they seem to really be missing that.
He'll have a top 5 defense in Jacksonville which will take a lot of pressure off of him. He isn't going to need to win shootouts. Just stay composed and methodical and limit mistakes. All things we've seen him do in Philly.  Jacksonville only averaged 15 ppg last season. If he can just get them into the 20's, they'll be back in the playoffs. And we all know what he can do in clutch games.  I'm still calling for a Wentz vs Foles Super Bowl within the next three years.

He'll have a top 5 defense in Jacksonville which will take a lot of pressure off of him. He isn't going to need to win shootouts. Just stay composed and methodical and limit mistakes. All things we've seen him do in Philly.  Jacksonville only averaged 15 ppg last season. If he can just get them into the 20's, they'll be back in the playoffs. And we all know what he can do in clutch games.  I'm still calling for a Wentz vs Foles Super Bowl within the next three years.
I wouldn't want to play Foles in the SB.  I want him to succeed, but screw that haha.

Users who are viewing this thread