What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

not to take anything away from Steve Smith but.... (1 Viewer)

Chaos

Footballguy
I mean Smitty is a talent to be sure but would he be so great on another team? Before you answer that think about Mushin last year. When Smith went down with the broken leg everyone thought woe is the Panthers pass attack. We all know how that ended and we all know how well Mushin is doing in Chi-Town.The point being I don't know if its Delhome, the O-Coordinator or something in Charlotte water but it seems that no matter who the #1 WR is, they produce. I'll bet Drew Carter would put up numbers if Smith went down right now.All I ever hear the media talk about is Steve Smith. Shouldn't someone be calling Jake a Bret Favre like QB who makes anybody look good?

All I ever hear the media talk about is Steve Smith. Shouldn't someone be calling Jake a Bret Favre like QB who makes anybody look good?
Unfortunately, Jake also throws those Brett Favre like INTs, too. :X

I don't think you are giving Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammed enough credit. Both benefitted from the other being gone or injured but make no mistake, an ordinary WR would not have done as well as they did. Jake and Dan Henning deserve some credit as well, but those the WRs are the true talents.

I mean Smitty is a talent to be sure but would he be so great on another team? Before you answer that think about Mushin last year. When Smith went down with the broken leg everyone thought woe is the Panthers pass attack. We all know how that ended and we all know how well Mushin is doing in Chi-Town.

The point being I don't know if its Delhome, the O-Coordinator or something in Charlotte water but it seems that no matter who the #1 WR is, they produce. I'll bet Drew Carter would put up numbers if Smith went down right now.

All I ever hear the media talk about is Steve Smith. Shouldn't someone be calling Jake a Bret Favre like QB who makes anybody look good?
Steve Smith is a great WR... his numbers may not have been as good if they had a better #2 WR. Don't knock Mushy either.... he's still a very good WR... just stuck in Chicago. Steve Smith in Chicago would be just as bad, but probably a little better than mushy. Drew Carter is a bigtime sleeper next year I think.... :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Smith is the main reason why they aren't out of the playoffs. Chicago was actually the first true defense they've played. The best two defenses they played during the regular season(Miami/Dallas) were both loses for the Panthers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't drink too much of the Drew Carter Kool-Aid. His hands are only so-so. I thought Colbert looked better last year than Carter looked this year.As for the Smith accolades, they're well deserved.

I don't think you are giving Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammed enough credit. Both benefitted from the other being gone or injured but make no mistake, an ordinary WR would not have done as well as they did. Jake and Dan Henning deserve some credit as well, but those the WRs are the true talents.
exactly correct....mush only had a crappy year because his QB situation was horrible

Don't drink too much of the Drew Carter Kool-Aid. His hands are only so-so. I thought Colbert looked better last year than Carter looked this year.

As for the Smith accolades, they're well deserved.
I'd say his hands are worse than so-so. He's got Koren Robinson syndrome at the moment.

Steve Smith is a superstar, not a stud. Also, everyone in the world knows the ball is going to SS, and he still catches it and gets YAC yards coming out of his a**.You can't defend him and if you try, you look dumb doing so. You just gotta hope he gets hurt or has a bad day.

Steve Smith is a superstar, not a stud. Also, everyone in the world knows the ball is going to SS, and he still catches it and gets YAC yards coming out of his a**.

You can't defend him and if you try, you look dumb doing so. You just gotta hope he gets hurt or has a bad day.
Chuck Norris could stop him.

Moose, did have good numbers, and maybe if he was still there, Smith's numbers would be down a bit, but two things:

1. His percentage of balls caught/targets is better than a lot of other WR's. So it isn't as if his numbers are a result of them just forcing him the ball every play. THere's a bunch of guys with more targets, and less catches.

2. IWatching the games, this guy is special. It's not like he was running free every play all season. I mean, corners didn't slip and fall on every TD he had this year. :D

Users who are viewing this thread