What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Now what? (1 Viewer)

Sullie

Footballguy
I can't believe I did this but I did and I'm looking for advice.  So, I've had my nose stuck on the screens all morning, all kinds of crap going on, I'm fixing issues left and right (I work in IT) and I got a popup that said an Amazon order was delivered.  So, I get up, I go get a cup of coffee, open the front door and I see this guy with his dog, dog is hunched over in pooping position, I though the dog popped and they walked off.  I clean up dog crap out of my yard all the time, pisses me off to no end.  I open the door, yell at the guy, he argues back and I'm just like whatever. . . but he said my first name as I closed the door.

Then it hit me, oh no, that's my next door neighbor with the dog that's had a TON of health issues and I'm horribly embarrassed and in shock for a moment.  I turn around, put some shoes on and he's in the middle of my side yard, this time the dog is actually pooping but he has a bag to pick it up and I apologized profusely - at least a half a dozen times - because he's been through a lot with the dog.

Well, he's not having it.  He's livid with me, starts going off, again, I apologized and he said "well, you were being a total d-ck" and I said "you know what, you're absolutely right, I was out of line, I was a total d-ck, again, I apologize and all I can do is ask for your forgiveness."  I honestly did not recognize the man, he looked totally different to me (I think b/c he grew a beard) but now it's like - well now what? 

Anyway, I apologized, I tried to explain myself (I picked up a TON of poop last weekend) but I really don't know what my next step is because he just stormed off, he would not really accept my apology at all.  I've never yelled at any of my neighbors before and I feel like the biggest ##### on the planet.  I like the whole family, they're very nice people and I would not have called him out if I knew it was him just because I know he's had a hell of a time with his dog, the dog is in really bad shape and I feel for him.  

Now I feel like I just made this huge error in judgment, created a giant mess and I have no idea what my next move is.  Any thoughts?

So, the first time, I think the dog has a false alarm so it was in full hunching pooping position, maybe it was stuck?  The next time I went out there, like 2 minutes later, he was further down the sidewalk and his dog was pooping but he picked it up.

I don't care if anyone's dog poops in my yard, it's not holy ground, I just get miffed if they leave it behind, that's all and he didn't do that, I overreacted and made an ### of myself.

Deliver a gift bag on his stoop. Light it on fire before you ring the doorbell then hide to surprise him. When he steps on it let him know they were your wife’s special cookies that she spent all day baking and tell him he’s a real #######.

Consider the tables turned. 

Last edited by a moderator:
After you poop in his yard, the serious answer is let it cool off right now then head over there tonight or tomorrow when a little time has passed. Bring him a little gift, 6 pack, whatever. And if you have his phone number or email, perhaps send a message first explaining exactly what you did like you did to us. If he's not willing to accept that, there's nothing you can do because that's strange. 

You not recognizing the dude because he had a grown beard tells me yall don't hang out. You messed up, you apologized, case closed.

erect some regulation goal posts between your yards. send your own poop through that, but aim for a dropped ceiling in his house. then take down some of his trees and dig up his internet cable while you're at it.

[checking notebook]... then sleep with da raider's wife, because really- who hasn't?

or a bottle of somehting or other on his doorstep with a note further apologizing. 

and then rinse-repeat.

After you poop in his yard, the serious answer is let it cool off right now then head over there tonight or tomorrow when a little time has passed. Bring him a little gift, 6 pack, whatever. And if you have his phone number or email, perhaps send a message first explaining exactly what you did like you did to us. If he's not willing to accept that, there's nothing you can do because that's strange. 

This.

That's about as much as one can do for this and feels appropriate. If he won't accept that, that's on him.

Man, I feel like everybody is and has been a bit wound up these days.  Tension everywhere, fuses short. See it everywhere.  Doesn't help when the tax deadline is Monday either. 

Maybe just point that out to him too. Stress is just making you - and a lot of us - lose our cool. It's out of character and you're truly sorry.  

And then let him sleep with your wife.

erect some regulation goal posts between your yards. send your own poop through that, but aim for a dropped ceiling in his house. then take down some of his trees and dig up his internet cable while you're at it.

[checking notebook]... then sleep with da raider's wife, because really- who hasn't?

or a bottle of somehting or other on his doorstep with a note further apologizing. 

and then rinse-repeat.
:goodposting:

seriously guys?  you’re slipping

gianmarco said:
This is pretty good but I wonder if he should consider cutting his neighbors tree down.

gianmarco said:
Meh. He already apologized. It's on the other guy now. He's the one being the #### at this point.

gianmarco said:
If that doesn't work, try cutting down one of his trees...

Meh. He already apologized. It's on the other guy now. He's the one being the #### at this point.
OP feels badly. It's understandable. Heat of the moment can be tough for some people.

It's not asking a lot of the OP to offer up an apology one more time. He doesn't have to, of course, and I don't think he'd be wrong if he decided not to, but at the same time, sometimes a little extra effort can go a long way. 

After that, there's not much else to do. Then it's definitely on the other guy but the OP can rest easy knowing he tried to fix an unintentional mistake. Good on him. I hope it works out for everyone involved.

gianmarco said:
Good advice, but you might want to reword this part: "So, I've had my nose stuck on the screens all morning, all kinds of crap going on..."

Get him a new dog.  Same breed as his current one, just younger, maybe a puppy.  Put the dog in a basket with a note that has 5 blank squares and says, "Five free pup poops on my lawn."

Users who are viewing this thread