What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin attacked by man with knife (not injured) (1 Viewer)

You're the one who just called Candace Owen stupid and a bad person.  Someone is suffering from paranoia (and propaganda), and it's certainly not Ivan.

He didn't actually say that exactkt. As you usual you paraphrased what he said to make it sound worse than it actually was (not that he was being complimentary...but still...)

Tim's exact words: Candace Owens is not smart and not a good person. 

Really sad sir. If I told you that Maxine Waters was not smart and not a good person (two statements I absolutely believe to be true)  you would probably agree with me. But you don’t agree with me when it’s someone on your side. Which is your problem not mine. 

Incidentally Candace Owens isn’t a Republican in the traditional sense. She is a nationalist, a nativist, a bigot and racist, an isolationist. These are not Republican values. 
You describe Maxine much better than Candice.      I knew you were a fan.    Fyi Maxine has hurt this country.   Candace hasnt.

Yes.  He mentioned Zeldin because it would have been incredibly weird not to.  Then he immediately pivoted to three instances of right-wingers behaving badly (not hard to find, of course).  That's what you do when you want to deflect.  
Seems like he gave a pretty fair take on the whole thing.

A dem attacked a rep (zeldin)

A rep attacked a dem (Jaypal)

A rep attacked a rep (Kinzinger)

I guess he missed a democrat attempt at killing another democrat.

Your line of thinking seems like a pretty big stretch, IMO. He mentioned the 2 most recent instances, didn't he? Jaypal was just a few days ago. Kinzinger stuff is still on-going.

Seems snowflakey to be upset at what Ted Lieu said. You have to be looking for things to be upset about.

Ted Lieu is an excellent congressman and a good man.

Seems snowflakey to be upset at what Ted Lieu said. You have to be looking for things to be upset about.

I agree it is a waste of time to be upset about that…it was a very predictable political response by him…no one should be surprised by it…just move on.

This certainly is a weird post from a guy who loses his bacon every time Trump looks in the wrong direction and the same guy who's currently the #1 poster in all 20 thousand of the OMG 1/6TM threads.  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

This is why we need two copies of every thread: one of the people who want to discuss things, and another one for the people who just want to score internet points.

It seems like there's a nearly perfect one-to-one correlation between posts that use terms like "snowflake" and "safe spaces" and posts that wallow in toolishness.  We should track that and see if it holds up.

He didn't actually say that exactkt. As you usual you paraphrased what he said to make it sound worse than it actually was (not that he was being complimentary...but still...)

Tim's exact words: Candace Owens is not smart and not a good person. 
He’s 0-2.

Hypothetically…

Two guys get in an argument in a bar in Rochester. One guy attempts to assault the other with a Mr. Kitty keychain weapon. That attempt is foiled. The police come and the victim wants to press changes.

How long should the attacker be held?

Obviously a politically motivated attack seems much worse but let’s ignore that for this question.

kodycutter said:
glad they got him on federal charges. smh at NY just releasing him.
At least one aspect of our law enforcement system takes a dim view of political assassinations.

Hypothetically…

Two guys get in an argument in a bar in Rochester. One guy attempts to assault the other with a Mr. Kitty keychain weapon. That attempt is foiled. The police come and the victim wants to press changes.

Obviously a politically motivated attack seems much worse but let’s ignore that for this question.
In your hypothetical -- bar fight involving a ludicrous weapon -- I would vote for "not held at all, and the prosecutor should refuse to press charges regardless of what the victim wants."

Of course, this wasn't a bar fight, the guy was there for a reason, society has way more interest in preventing the assassination of political candidates than it does in adjudicating drunken disputes among drunks, and why don't we think this guy will show up with a gun next time.  

Hypothetically…

Ignoring the spectacle, I’d say you’d be arrested, processed and if you got the dough, out on bond that night.

Users who are viewing this thread