What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Jets at Kansas City (1 Viewer)

I have always heard the pylon is part of the goal line. You always see them give a td when they touch it. Always 

I'm so confused...one minute he scored a TD, then what? A fumble? WTBleep?!

Can anyone verify what happened? RedZone not exactly making a stink about it. 

Maybe Ware will get mad and just bust one form 50 yds out. Up 17-3, almost the 4th Q, just run the BALL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ball was coming out before the goal line and hit the pylon and went out of bounds so ruled a touchback.
Yeah, and I know the rule but hate it.  The call was correct(albeit very very close), but someone needs to explain to me why the defense should get the ball on that play.  Anywhere else on the field the defense needs to gain possession in order to get a turnover, but down in the red zone it's like the laws of physics break down and we are into quantum mechanics.  Ball goes out on the 1 inch line and it is Chiefs ball, balls goes out 1 inch further up field and it's jets ball.  It just has never made any sense to me.

Wow.....unreal. Pushing them back all day.....can't get 4 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that Marshall is not 100%, Big D isn't 100% but Fitz still looks terrible and his shortcomings are magnified on a day like today.

It's just fitz.  The way it always is.  He looks like a god for short stretches and everything goes his way and then when it's ugly, it is ugly!

This one is for all the stupid idiots who spent all Spring talking about how the Jets just had to pay Fitzpatrick because of the stats he put up last year. Morons.

This one is for all the stupid idiots who spent all Spring talking about how the Jets just had to pay Fitzpatrick because of the stats he put up last year. Morons.
I'm not sure that is fair because the jets have played well overall and they would be a dumpster fire without him.   One game isn't a season. 

I'm not sure that is fair because the jets have played well overall and they would be a dumpster fire without him.   One game isn't a season. 
Its fair because with Fitzpatrick, a game like this is ALWAYS a possibility. Hell, its going to happen. Its just a matter of when and how bad it will be. It happened today just like it happened week 17 against Buffalo.

He just isn't any good.  So glad they didn't cave and give him a multi-year deal.

and as I'm typing, he apparently threw a pick 6 (turned it off but saw it pop up on twitter).

Nice

Its fair because with Fitzpatrick, a game like this is ALWAYS a possibility. Hell, its going to happen. Its just a matter of when and how bad it will be. It happened today just like it happened week 17 against Buffalo.

He just isn't any good.  So glad they didn't cave and give him a multi-year deal.
Is it any different than some of the bad games Eli or luck or Rodgers or any other qb has had?  It's fine to say he was terrible today because he was but it's not like he's the only qb to have terrible games.  

Fitzpatrick is the most maddening QB in the NFL. He has some of the highest highs where he is absolutely unbeatable like last week against Buffalo where he was making unreal throws all game, and then follow it up with a performance that makes you wonder how he's even in the NFL. It's hard to believe it's the same guy.

Users who are viewing this thread