What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Jets - If they cut Pennington... (1 Viewer)

Spike

Footballguy
I keep hearing more and more of how the Jets are going to cut Pennington.

As I'm not in a position to hear much Jets talk in New England, I was wondering what Jets fans are hearing.

Is there any way the Jets cut Pennington and DON'T draft a QB at 1.04?

Yes, they make a trade w/ Washington and get Ramsey. Patrick already has a good relationship w/ L. Coles and will allow the Jets to focus on filling another spot.

Probably depends on how Cutler looks at the combine. Leinart and Young will be off the board; is Cutler worth the #4 pick?

Jets have so many holes I think they go "best player available." Plenty of other QB's available in free agency and trade.

sure. I could very easily see the Jets selecting DE (Mario Williams) or LB (A.J Hawk). An OL at #4 is too risky. This strategy follows the Parcells/Belichik philosophy that Mangini supposedly has.

What would be real nice is if the Jets kept blowing smoke about nabbing Cutler at #4 to where someone bites who is in realistic position for the Jets to still grab Williams. This move covers them being able to trade away the malcontented Abraham for a QB. They can then address OL in the second with the extra pick(s).

:2cents:

Yes, they make a trade w/ Washington and get Ramsey. Patrick already has a good relationship w/ L. Coles and will allow the Jets to focus on filling another spot.
Chances are that Ramsey will be cut. Still, the Jets should make a trade just to make sure they are the ones who get him and not somene else, like the Chiefs did with Surtain last year.

I dont think Vincne Young is a lock at number 3. If he is gone before the Jets pick there are plenty of veteran options who will be available.

The Jets need to seriously consider trading down regardless but that's the way to go if they want Cutler.

sure. I could very easily see the Jets selecting DE (Mario Williams) or LB (A.J Hawk). An OL at #4 is too risky. This strategy follows the Parcells/Belichik philosophy that Mangini supposedly has.

What would be real nice is if the Jets kept blowing smoke about nabbing Cutler at #4 to where someone bites who is in realistic position for the Jets to still grab Williams. This move covers them being able to trade away the malcontented Abraham for a QB. They can then address OL in the second with the extra pick(s).

Every position is risky at #4. An olineman is no more riskty than a DE, LB, or QB at 4.

Abraham for Ramsey would be a fair trade, and Ramsey is the ideal QB for this system (strong arm and familiarity with Coles). He's proven he can put up great numbers. They just really need to focus on offensive line in the draft and free agency to get some protection. They cut (or plan to cut) pretty much their entire offensive line.

Abraham for Ramsey would be a fair trade, and Ramsey is the ideal QB for this system (strong arm and familiarity with Coles). He's proven he can put up great numbers. They just really need to focus on offensive line in the draft and free agency to get some protection. They cut (or plan to cut) pretty much their entire offensive line.
Ramsey is worth a 6-7th rounder at best. Abe is worth an early 2nd-rounder at worst.

Every position is risky at #4. An olineman is no more riskty than a DE, LB, or QB at 4.
I don't disagree, but OL (and wr) is a position where there is more prevalence of later round gems than the positions you mention. for example, the jets picked up adrian jones in the 4th rnd in 2004.sure you have your cases of Tom Brady's in the 6th rnd, but that's more the exception than the rule.

Abraham for Ramsey would be a fair trade, and Ramsey is the ideal QB for this system (strong arm and familiarity with Coles).  He's proven he can put up great numbers.  They just really need to focus on offensive line in the draft and free agency to get some protection.  They cut (or plan to cut) pretty much their entire offensive line.
Ramsey is worth a 6-7th rounder at best. Abe is worth an early 2nd-rounder at worst.
I think your value of Ramsey is a bit off. Though I don't think the Jets would do a trade like that striaght up, unless the Front Office all need to be drug tested. I can see something involving those two players with those teams because it fits both their needs. Unless the JETS were looking to jetison the high salary and get a low salaried QB, the Redskins would have to throw in something else to make it work. May it be another body/player of value or some sort of draft pick swap.I think the JETS could go out and draft D'Brickshaw or another OL if they did it.

Users who are viewing this thread