What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oakland A's thread (1 Viewer)

Beane has almost completely flipped the lineup in 3+ months. Six new regulars and Vogt presumably moving back behind the plate full time.

I'm not sold on their rotation but they should score some runs if everyone stays healthy.

Gray, Kashmir, Hahn are definites, with Pomeranz, Chavez, Griffin, and Parker?

Is that how their rotation is looking?

Gray, Kashmir, Hahn are definites, with Pomeranz, Chavez, Griffin, and Parker?

Is that how their rotation is looking?
They got a couple of AAA arms in the Donaldson deal who could be in the mix as well. And who knows what Beane will do in the next three months.

Beane mentioned that it was tough to give up Robertson, because he reminded the front office of Mark Ellis. Feels like a little bit of shade, given Robertson's lofty prospect standing.

He also said that Graveman, Hahn and Pomeranz had "the inside track" on rotation spots, behind Gray and Kazmir obviously. Chavez is probably the long guy/#6, and Parker/Griffin probably open the season on the DL. Not as much that you can write in pen, but certainly a lot of options. And options with options, thankfully.

Potentially lights-out defensive team.

Here's my crack at lineups for each side:

vs Righties

CF Crisp

2B Zobrist

RF Reddick

1B Davis

3B Lawrie

DH Butler

C Vogt

LF Fuld/Gentry

SS Escobar

VS Lefties

CF Gentry

2B Semien

RF Zobrist

3B Lawrie

DH Butler

1B Canha

LF Fuld/Crisp

C Phegley

SS Escobar

99% chance Zito will suck, but he's been working out with the same guy who helped revive the corpse of Kazmir. Zito is allegedly throwing 88 mph fastballs right now and seems to think he can get to 90 soon thanks to some tweaks to delivery/mechanics. It's not quite as good as being in the best shape of his career, but :shrug:

Eric Chavez will be in the booth for 20 games this season pretending he can play the role of broadcaster. Can't be worse than Hatteberg.

Mark Ellis retired. He has a standing offer from the Oaklands to come work in the front office in some capacity.

Oh I think Fuld, and especially Gentry, will be a pretty big upgrade in center. Fuld's been pretty agnostic re: handedness in his career, I wouldn't be surprised if Crisp doesn't see many starts against lefties this year.

The problem with swapping Moss for Davis is that you lose another guy who can play LF, although I guess Canha and Zobrist can do that too. God help you if you're going to be trying to rely on any of these guys, fantasy-wise.

Has the starting rotation been announced for next week? Figure Gray and Kazmir will be first up, in that order?

I'm confused, I thought Truck was both GPJ and Eupheus. Either way, the A's are still the best ticket in town especially with the cheap bart days.

Ross starting tonight in RF and hitting 2nd. I'd guess he will probably DH against lefties when Reddick gets back to take right, and Butler's playing 1B.

Chavez taking Haaaaaaaaahn's turn due to a blister, although tbh I'm not sure why he's not ahead of Graveman to begin with. Saving his arm for later in the season, perhaps?

Tonight's result notwithstanding, I think the underlying numbers are pretty good.

Joey Wendle with his third homer for Nashville tonight. Bassitt looking great. Zito... :oldunsure:

Royals are almost bigger dickmouths than their fans imo.
I wont condone what Herrera did, but Lawrie's slide was dirty.

And I'm tired of hearing him say "Play the game the right way" He is a tool

Exibit A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSW8Vvu6G6Q

Exibit B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwY7Ld4P-c

That being said, I love rivalries and I like that the Royals are finally relevant enough to warrant one, but this beef should have been done after Ventura hit Lawrie. Herrera was flat out wrong.

His bat's been the good news.

Defensive numbers are pretty bad so far, but probably just variance given that some of the supposed culprits are good with the glove traditionally: Reddick, Fuld, Lawrie, Gentry, Zobrist.

A team that's been outscored by 3 runs all year "should" be 16-17, not 12-21, yet here we are.

Users who are viewing this thread