What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obscure Sports Moments That Really Bothered You (1 Viewer)

Definition Time. Hopefully this will help.

Obscure events

- Running in a 4x100m relay in regionals and messing up the exchange of the baton and dropping it. I hit his hand and thought he had it and let go. We were in the lead after the first 100m and maybe could have advanced to states.

- Missing an easy spare in the 10th frame to miss getting a 700 series when I was 15, which I would have become the first junior bowler at that alley to shoot over a 700 series.

Non-obscure events

- Any Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, NCAA Final Four, etc.

- Leon Lett touching the blocked kick against Miami on Thanksgiving Day 1993 in the snow.
This is the least helpful help ever. 99.9% of the sporting events we watch on TV don't match either category.
True, but a lot of the posts are about professional football/baseball/hockey/basketball playoffs which is not obscure at all.

Definition Time. Hopefully this will help.

Obscure events

- Running in a 4x100m relay in regionals and messing up the exchange of the baton and dropping it. I hit his hand and thought he had it and let go. We were in the lead after the first 100m and maybe could have advanced to states.

- Missing an easy spare in the 10th frame to miss getting a 700 series when I was 15, which I would have become the first junior bowler at that alley to shoot over a 700 series.

Non-obscure events

- Any Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, NCAA Final Four, etc.

- Leon Lett touching the blocked kick against Miami on Thanksgiving Day 1993 in the snow.
This is the least helpful help ever. 99.9% of the sporting events we watch on TV don't match either category.
True, but a lot of the posts are about professional football/baseball/hockey/basketball playoffs which is not obscure at all.
You mean like the first post of the thread that talked about the '93 Stanley Cup playoffs and an MLB All-Star Game and asked for similar stories?

I believe 1986 July 4-5 mets v braves was one of the craziest games I ever witnessed. game started like 3 hours late due to rain and went like 19 innings till 4am. mets win but it was fireworks nite in Atlanta so at 4a they start up the fireworks. this is the game Rick Camp, maybe one of the worst hitting pitchers in MLB history, hits like a pinch hit solo HR to tie the game in the bottom of the 16th? the announcers disbelief and the reaction of met LF Danny Heep are etched in my brain if you YouTube them. this was the game that let me know this was a special year.

I believe 1986 July 4-5 mets v braves was one of the craziest games I ever witnessed. game started like 3 hours late due to rain and went like 19 innings till 4am. mets win but it was fireworks nite in Atlanta so at 4a they start up the fireworks. this is the game Rick Camp, maybe one of the worst hitting pitchers in MLB history, hits like a pinch hit solo HR to tie the game in the bottom of the 16th? the announcers disbelief and the reaction of met LF Danny Heep are etched in my brain if you YouTube them. this was the game that let me know this was a special year.
I remember this game back in '85. We were talking about it in the dugout of my Legion Baseball team. Do I remember Heep just throwing his arms up in the air after the ball went over the fence and also the Mets waving their outfielders in when Camp came to bat?

Heep threw his hands on his head like OMG are you serious. I think Ron darling served it up. how camp hit a HR there must've been longer odds than winning lotto.

FSU destroying a, then, undefeated #4 in the nation UNC team in 1997. Just before kickoff was the most exciting time to ever be a UNC football fan. That game smacked us into reality, months later, Mack Brown left for Texas, and UNC football has remained largely a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread