What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFF TOPIC (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BustedKnuckles

Footballguy
Report: Garnett to Celtics now done deal

Kevin Garnett is now a member of the Boston Celtics, according to FoxSports.

Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss says that Garnett is scheduled to be introduced at a news conference at 5:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday when the deal will become official. Minnesota will reportedly send Garnett to Boston for Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff and his expiring contract, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair and a pair of 2009 first-round picks. The Celtics' draft pick will be top-three protected and the other pick will be the one Minnesota originally dealt to Boston in the trade that sent Ricky Davis to the T'Wolves for Wally Szczerbiak. Garnett will also sign a three-year extension with the Celtics and has two years left on his current deal. The Celtics, with a starting lineup of Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Garnett and Kendrick Perkins, will now be a favorite to win the East. Garnett is expected in Boston this afternoon for his physical, according to Celticsblog.com, and WEEI radio is reporting that Pierce is on his way to Boston to join the press conference Tuesday. Jul. 31 - 2:18 pm et

;)

I doubt they become a "favorite" to win the East. Let's not forget that the Nets have had a big three for years and it's never been enough, though they haven't ever had anybody as good as KG. I seriously doubt that Pierce and Allen stay healthy. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they combined for less than 110 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread