What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Desmond Ridder, ARZ (1 Viewer)

Falcons new coach-
“If we had better quarterback play, I probably will not be standing here at this podium.”

Probably an easy drop, even in SF.
If I were the Falcons I would sign Taylor H as the backup before I'd keep Ridder. He really is awful
He finished year one at like week ten.
First year QBs often get a mulligan and we throw Eli's name as an example often here.

He fumbles way too much.
Questionable decisions pop up time and again.
Then there's the 374 yard game and halves where he did look darn good.

I don't think anyone knows. I agree it's probably best to go with Heinicke since they're ready now to win. Then just eat it if Ridder plays well elsewhere.

Three QBs (meh Woodside gone, keep new guy and Ridder and Heinicke) is probably truly best but I doubt that happens.

It's so difficult to judge a QBs career after just one year.

Is Bryce done and the worst QB ever? So many examples. I think they should just eat it and move on

Probably an easy drop, even in SF.
If I were the Falcons I would sign Taylor H as the backup before I'd keep Ridder. He really is awful
He finished year one at like week ten.
First year QBs often get a mulligan and we throw Eli's name as an example often here.

He fumbles way too much.
Questionable decisions pop up time and again.
Then there's the 374 yard game and halves where he did look darn good.

I don't think anyone knows. I agree it's probably best to go with Heinicke since they're ready now to win. Then just eat it if Ridder plays well elsewhere.

Three QBs (meh Woodside gone, keep new guy and Ridder and Heinicke) is probably truly best but I doubt that happens.

It's so difficult to judge a QBs career after just one year.

Is Bryce done and the worst QB ever? So many examples. I think they should just eat it and move on
But when you look at Bryce's weapons (or there lack of) compared to what Ridder had, yes, I think I can say Ridder is garbage while giving Bryce another year since he had nothing close to a Pitts, London, and Robinson on his offense.

Reactions: Bri
Falcons coach on Rich Eisen show mentioned how five staff members were added because of their work with developing quarterbacks.

On Sirius, said similar but when asked if that meant drafting a QB, he had a great response about people acting like it's so different. They're ready for both types and bottom line is putting the QB in a position to be successful regardless of their year in the league.

Re Ridder they're not committed for or against him. He thinks he was asked too much and too little at different times. He didn't see the usual big change from Mariota to Ridder or Heinicke to Ridder in what was asked of the QB. His staff feels he is capable but he may not be capable of every thing.

Q about a young running QB or pocket QB (maybe he can't talk Fields specifically?) and he said that's what he's been saying. They're very different and you have to have very different play calls for each to go with their strengths.

Trying my best to paraphrase

Ridder is probably gone but he said at least twice that his staff and others around the league viewed his struggles positively and the perception around the league doesn't match what's written or on social media about him.

He had a thing about time and how much time can you commit to certain players development as being a common topic they discussed about the prior rebuild. It stopped short and I wanted to hear the ending but he never got to it.

If Ridder is the week 1 starter in Atlanta the Falcons are the most dysfunctional franchise in the entire league.
I think he wants to say there is some trade value in Ridder.
This is very much the pokerface, house of cards, room with mirrors time of year so I'm just guessing

Trade- Rondale Moore for Desmond Ridder per Ian
Like that deal a lot for the Falcons. Rondale Moore is explosive and can make plays. He's no more than a 3rd WR, but one who can do things.

Desmond Ridder is a sizeable downgrade from what the Cards were getting from Josh Dobbs before trading him.

Users who are viewing this thread