What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Offical MNF Thread Saints vs. Falcons*** (1 Viewer)

Way to celebrate making a tackle like it was the ultimate play ever on the kick return. Hey that creepy crawley thing sure looked cool too.

lol - players just get more and more asinine. Or is it a Nawlins thing?
No, it's the first.The fourth string linebacker made a decent tackle, and celebrates like it's the Super Bowl.

That's why he's the fourth string linebacker.

PS I need Dunn and Crumpler to go off tonight so can they please put Shaub in already. I think Vick could try to hit the ground and miss.

Way to celebrate making a tackle like it was the ultimate play ever on the kick return.  Hey that creepy crawley thing sure looked cool too.

lol - players just get more and more asinine.  Or is it a Nawlins thing?
No, it's the first.The fourth string linebacker made a decent tackle, and celebrates like it's the Super Bowl.

That's why he's the fourth string linebacker.
touche

Nice hit on the kick return. Saints look like they want this game a lot more than the Falcons. That dude got jacked up.
I really hope they beat the Falcons and end their playoff hopes :pickle:

Ill-advised pass, helluva catch by FinneranPS where the flip is Dunn??

Last edited by a moderator:
That should be a TD. The goalline extends past the pylon and he didn't go out of bounds before the ball crossed the goalline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Fantasy Football gods...rushing TDs are 6 pts, passing is 3 pts...I need this Vick rushing TD. Plus my opponent has the field goal kicker...Thanks in Advance,

Dear Fantasy Football gods...

rushing TDs are 6 pts, passing is 3 pts...I need this Vick rushing TD. Plus my opponent has the field goal kicker...

Thanks in Advance,
Dear Fantasy gods, I don't need my oppt, who has Vick, to get this TD.TIA

at work and unabl to watch the game but is crumpler getting any looks??
Not a single one. Vulture is getting most of the action and Crumpler is being shunned. (obviously I need both of these guys to get some points)

3-2-NO 2(6:14) M.Vick left end pushed ob at NO 1 for 1 yard (R.McKinnon). Play Challenged by ATL and REVERSED. M.Vick left end pushed ob at NO 1 for 1 yard (R.McKinnon). :D

Dumb rule. Ball should have to cross the goal line in the line of play. Forget this "the goal line spreads around the world" type thing.Im not a fan of either team but that rule is stupid.

Dumb rule. Ball should have to cross the goal line in the line of play. Forget this "the goal line spreads around the world" type thing.

Im not a fan of either team but that rule is stupid.
But it didn't even "break the pylon" either. It just sort of sniffed it.GDB the Vick hype scoring a TD. :thumbdown:

Crazy rule...out of bounds is out of bounds, no?
I don't get the rule either - the ball is out of bounds does not cross the goal line but vick gets his hand over the pylon and it is a TD..

Dumb rule. Ball should have to cross the goal line in the line of play. Forget this "the goal line spreads around the world" type thing.

Im not a fan of either team but that rule is stupid.
But it didn't even "break the pylon" either. It just sort of sniffed it.GDB the Vick hype scoring a TD. :thumbdown:
I drafted Vick hype in the 13th round this year...7 rounds after Vick himself was drafted.Who's laughing now??

:pickle:

Let me see if I have this straight (I never knew this rule, admittedly) - The ball can cross the goalline - even outside the pylon - as long as a body part crosses inside the pylon, and no other body part is touching the ground out of bounds.

Where's Kenny Mayne's strange rule segment when you need it?And DO NOT even tell me that Mr. Mexico knew that rule and was taking advantage of that knowledge.... I think he was reaching for his second cell phone...

I always get a chuckle when they show the coach showing vick the game images. he's just going to run to the left anyways.

Where's Kenny Mayne's strange rule segment when you need it?And DO NOT even tell me that Mr. Mexico knew that rule and was taking advantage of that knowledge.... I think he was reaching for his second cell phone...
Kenny Mayne is currently brushing up on his ballroom dancing and is unavailable to explain this rule at the time.

That's like a baseball player tagging you out with his glove hand and having the ball in the other hand.

LOL you have to be kidding me. No way was that a a TD.
NFL TDs have taken on a legal minutae atmosphere.How Vick gets a TD - legally wihtin the rules - and Coles' TD catch againstthe Saints a couple week ago gets overturnd is BEYOND nme.

Vick never gets the ball actually across the GL - only the invisible magical goalline that extends "around the world" and then gets his fingertips barely over the pylon and gets a TD.

Coles makes a catch in the end zone, has control of the ball, gets both feet down, turns and makes a "football move" theball gets juggled AFTER all that, he falls down andhis shoulder falls out of bounds - the ball never hits the ground - and the head of officiating said it was the right call to overturn the TD.

I can't trust the rules on any questionable TD calls in the NFL anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread