What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Offical MNF Thread Saints vs. Falcons*** (1 Viewer)

Let me see if I have this straight (I never knew this rule, admittedly) - The ball can cross the goalline - even outside the pylon - as long as a body part crosses inside the pylon, and no other body part is touching the ground out of bounds.
Somewhat similar to a routine sideline catch...the ball can cross the sideline, and it's still a catch as long as the feet are down in bounds and no other body part is touching the ground out of bounds.

Why must teams insist on thinking a draw on 2nd and 16 is a good play?Aaron, you're running ont he wrong play buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me see if I have this straight (I never knew this rule, admittedly) - The ball can cross the goalline - even outside the pylon - as long as a body part crosses inside the pylon, and no other body part is touching the ground out of bounds.
What's goofy about this is that I could swear that prior to Ducket's TD, that Griffith did the exact same thing on a little flare pass from Vick. Am I crazy?

Brooks is a stupid quarterback, it's frustrating to watch him play. And no, I'm not a Brooks owner, I'm pulling for New Orleans so the Skins can stay in the playoff hunt.

Q: What's worse than a fantasy owner having Brooks on his roster?A: Having to start him.Q: What's worse than that?A: Having to WATCH Brooks' game.

Brooks is a stupid quarterback, it's frustrating to watch him play.
That's always been his knock - I pray I never see him in a Dolphion uniform.Didn't they draft a guy with Brooks' skill set but a lot more football brains?

LOL you have to be kidding me.  No way was that a a TD.
NFL TDs have taken on a legal minutae atmosphere.How Vick gets a TD - legally wihtin the rules - and Coles' TD catch againstthe Saints a couple week ago gets overturnd is BEYOND nme.

Vick never gets the ball actually across the GL - only the invisible magical goalline that extends "around the world" and then gets his fingertips barely over the pylon and gets a TD.

Coles makes a catch in the end zone, has control of the ball, gets both feet down, turns and makes a "football move" theball gets juggled AFTER all that, he falls down andhis shoulder falls out of bounds - the ball never hits the ground - and the head of officiating said it was the right call to overturn the TD.

I can't trust the rules on any questionable TD calls in the NFL anymore.
The TD for Vick is not anything new here guys. Earlier this year Jacksonville won in OT on the only catch Jimmy Smith had in the entire game, where he hooked the pylon with his right foot, while the rest of his body was well out of bounds but still airborne.

Well gentlemen, that puts a close to the 2005 season for my man otis. Good night, good luck, and may you draft 1st round value in the 10th round.

LOL you have to be kidding me.  No way was that a a TD.
NFL TDs have taken on a legal minutae atmosphere.How Vick gets a TD - legally wihtin the rules - and Coles' TD catch againstthe Saints a couple week ago gets overturnd is BEYOND nme.

Vick never gets the ball actually across the GL - only the invisible magical goalline that extends "around the world" and then gets his fingertips barely over the pylon and gets a TD.

Coles makes a catch in the end zone, has control of the ball, gets both feet down, turns and makes a "football move" theball gets juggled AFTER all that, he falls down andhis shoulder falls out of bounds - the ball never hits the ground - and the head of officiating said it was the right call to overturn the TD.

I can't trust the rules on any questionable TD calls in the NFL anymore.
The TD for Vick is not anything new here guys. Earlier this year Jacksonville won in OT on the only catch Jimmy Smith had in the entire game, where he hooked the pylon with his right foot, while the rest of his body was well out of bounds but still airborne.
Didn't say it was news and/or not a legal TD.I'm saying that NFL TD rules that validate Vick's TD and invalidate Coles' TD are FUBAR.

Well gentlemen, that puts a close to the 2005 season for my man otis. Good night, good luck, and may you draft 1st round value in the 10th round.
you only have one league?

Well gentlemen, that puts a close to the 2005 season for my man otis.  Good night, good luck, and may you draft 1st round value in the 10th round.
you only have one league?
no, two. I have the honor of the RB duo of Jamal Lewis and JJones in a dynasty league, so needless to say my season was over before it began. I'm looking at Bush for next year so it's not so bad.This league I survived the Bulger injury bug as long as I could but Brunell did me in this week. That and starting Bruce over Shockey.

I did three leagues last year and it was too much (plus commish in one), so two is the limit for me.

Oh well, there's always 2006.

I should get some good barbage points froBrooks here and in the fourth Q.
that should read "garbage points from Brooks"Glad to be slightly prohetic - now if I can accurately predict Brooks RUNNING a td in here, I'll be happy.

:lol: at a roughing the passer call taking away a TD.
Yeah, I'm laughing so hard I almost threw a lamp through the freakin' window. What an F'ing idiot. Your teammate is scoring a TD on an interception and you simply can't resist the urge to hit the QB. Freakin' jerk. I hate him.Oh yeah, and what's with the F'ing Saints D? The Falcons can't do anything until they ge into field goal territory at which point they're unstoppable. Thus, eliminating any chance for a field goal.

If you haven't figure it out, my playoff hopes are hanging on the Falcons D and Peterson.

:ptts:

I did three leagues last year and it was too much (plus commish in one), so two is the limit for me.
I did "only" six this year - usually I am between 7 and 9 leagues.

I should get some good barbage points froBrooks here and in the fourth Q.
that should read "garbage points from Brooks"Glad to be slightly prohetic - now if I can accurately predict Brooks RUNNING a td in here, I'll be happy.
I'll take it. Now I need some big garbage numbers inthe fourth and I might actually make my game competitive - I wanted 100 yards passing and a TD out of Brooks in the first half to make my game competitive and I got it.Even if I lose, I'd like to make my opponent sweat and have to watch the entire game.

Users who are viewing this thread