What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (2 Viewers)

Tribal loyalty is also disagreeing with your eyes - which saw (and continues to see) video evidence of an insurrection, the beating of Capitol police, the destruction of the Capitol building, the posing for pictures on our Speaker's desk (to name just a few) - and your ears, which heard  the screaming of the Capitol police and the fiery rhetoric by Trump encouraging his supporters to "fight like hell" and "we are going to the Capitol" - and reaching the conclusion that this was no big deal and the man behind it is a patriot.  That's some heavy duty tribal loyalty.  
How bout if I don't think Trump is a Patriot or a good person and still believe that my eyes are telling me this is all bull#### made to divide the country while it literally burns down around us. 

Okay, so why plead the 5th when it's just so easy and common to lie?
That was my attempted point.

Flynn could have just lied and said, "yes, I believe in the peaceful transfer of power."   Should have been a simple thing to agree to, especially for a retired general.

Instead he invoked the 5th rather than lie under oath.   

The key part of Ms Hutchinson’s testimony was when she stated that President Trump knew the mob was armed and instructed his security to shut off the weapon detectors. That testimony was direct, it wasn’t hearsay, and nobody has disputed it. If true it means Trump was aware that the crowd heading to the Capitol would commit violence. If true, he is certainly guilty of multiple crimes, along with treason against the USA. 

When did this country stop executing people for treason?  Serious question.

####, no.  I'd rather watch Golf than this nonsense.

But @Maurile Tremblay posted a good article above that I read.

Yes you beat me to it CC. (And Golf on a Tuesday no less) Thats why debating with some here is such a waste of time.

When the truth hurts - flee into the Liberal bubble!

Flynn could have just lied and said, "yes, I believe in the peaceful transfer of power."   Should have been a simple thing to agree to, especially for a retired general.

Have you ever considered that maybe Flynn is just a super honest guy?

No, we've been listening the last few weeks to all the "answers" as testimony from 95% GOP Trump appointees, family and supporters that he is/ was unhinged and knowingly pushed a lie and is responsible for the attack on the Capitol.
a one sided argument , thats how you guys roll . Hand picked committee and hand picked ''witnesses'' 

No push back ,no challenges 

sounds about right

This has been very riveting stuff guys ,dinner time , have at it with the insults of not being very bright because i dont see things the way you do lol

####, no.  I'd rather watch Golf than this nonsense.

But @Maurile Tremblay posted a good article above that I read.

Yes you beat me to it CC. (And Golf on a Tuesday no less) Thats why debating with some here is such a waste of time.
Lol.  I missed that.  Catching the warm-up rounds it appears.

a one sided argument , thats how you guys roll . Hand picked committee and hand picked ''witnesses'' 

sounds about right

This has been very riveting stuff guys ,dinner time , have at it with the insults of not being very bright because i dont see things the way you do lol
All Republicans as witnesses…two Republicans questioning them.

They are all lying?

Why do people lie ? All kinds of different reasons . I never said she lied so im not sure why you keep asking me that . I said i didnt believe her ,thats my right ,i dont believe a lot of people ,i usually wait for evidence 
She said this is what she heard in regards to the car thing, right?

I'd rather they had left this out if this was what people would focus on and toss out everything else she said. such  as things she said that she personally witnessed or heard that are more damaging,

You believe she is lying about those things? Like she heard Trump say he didn't care that the people were armed they weren't there to hurt him.

Can we get a ratings update?   How'd it do in the 18-34 Demo?

We gonna' get some Emmy's out of this in the high drama category?

I bet the Economy, gas prices and food shortages are gonna' sweep ALL categories.

Last edited by a moderator:

sounds about right

This has been pointed out numerous times but there was a Commission that was to investigate this that passed the House with 35 Republican votes. It was created based on what Kevin McCarthy among others said needed to happen, it was co-sponsored by a Dem and a Republican, it was to be composed of non-feds primarily, it had a timeline for completion, both sides would have had subpoena power, it was to be composed of 5 Republican choices and 5 Dems members.

Republicans in the Senate refused to vote on this...it needed only 6 more votes to be filibuster-proof. 

What is your opinion of this?

This has been pointed out numerous times but there was a Commission that was to investigate this that passed the House with 35 Republican votes. It was created based on what Kevin McCarthy among others said needed to happen, it was co-sponsored by a Dem and a Republican, it was to be composed of non-feds primarily, it had a timeline for completion, both sides would have had subpoena power, it was to be composed of 5 Republican choices and 5 Dems members.

Republicans in the Senate refused to vote on this...it needed only 6 more votes to be filibuster-proof. 

What is your opinion of this?
His opinion is that he'll ignore this, wait a page or two, and then repeat the same nonsense.

The 2020 general cycle was not a "free and fair" election.

Both sides did as much as they could to cheat, lie and steal as much as possible. That's the most practical bi-partisan realistic answer available. Team Blue simply had more leverage with control over Big Social Media, Big Tech, Hollywood, Big Education, most of Big Finance and almost all of the activist complicit MSM.

Was it enough to swing the election? No one knows.

But to deny Trump has a point when he might still be technically "wrong" is avoiding the practical mechanics of the issue. No one disputes that the 2016 primaries were stolen from Bernie Sanders. So Team Blue will magically transition to free and fair elections after that debacle?

You want all context to die because your position doesn't hold up to increased scrutiny. You are pushing an absolutely "clean" election. Loss of context is one of the first sacrifices made when dealing with a cult. There is often discussion of the MAGA base as if it's a cult. Even your "Trump supporters" castigation is a smear.

But your belief in your side to absolute terms is almost completely religious in nature. Ask yourself what you are being asked to lay down on the altar.
This is almost laughable, even from you. Your assertion about the election lacks credibility and evidence, which only seems to matter to those of us that didn't vote for Trump. 

The 2016 ousting of Sanders was a DNC screw job. But it wasn't the ELECTION. It was the party doing what they thought was best, not defrauding the American public. Which the completely negates your next series of "points."

I read a lot of posts here, and NOBODY on team blue treats its leadership,  especially Joe Biden, with the deference and frenzied passion that the right directs toward Trump. No one here has intimated that they believe in the Dems with anything remotely close to absolute terms. I know it must be difficult to try and square the fact that those that share your ideology,  and the leader of that movement, committed an unprecedented act of domestic terrorism while attempting a coup d'etat. I'm sure that your need to lash out and blame literally anyone other than yourself for being deluded enough to defend this is overwhelming. I'd hate to be in your shoes. I'd suggest some introspection  but we all know that ain't happening. 

Simply put, you're full of yourself, and full of something else, too.

How bout if I don't think Trump is a Patriot or a good person and still believe that my eyes are telling me this is all bull#### made to divide the country while it literally burns down around us. 

Cancels nothing.  I think you're wrong.  You think I'm wrong.   Country was divided long before this.  Difference is I want Trump and his sycophants to pay for the insurrection and you clearly don't.  Blessedly, many of the traitors who were involved with Jan 6 are going to prison.  Anybody in my side doing the same?  No?  Why not? 

This is almost laughable, even from you. Your assertion about the election lacks credibility and evidence, which only seems to matter to those of us that didn't vote for Trump. 

The 2016 ousting of Sanders was a DNC screw job. But it wasn't the ELECTION. It was the party doing what they thought was best, not defrauding the American public. Which the completely negates your next series of "points."

I read a lot of posts here, and NOBODY on team blue treats its leadership,  especially Joe Biden, with the deference and frenzied passion that the right directs toward Trump. No one here has intimated that they believe in the Dems with anything remotely close to absolute terms. I know it must be difficult to try and square the fact that those that share your ideology,  and the leader of that movement, committed an unprecedented act of domestic terrorism while attempting a coup d'etat. I'm sure that your need to lash out and blame literally anyone other than yourself for being deluded enough to defend this is overwhelming. I'd hate to be in your shoes. I'd suggest some introspection  but we all know that ain't happening. 

Direct Headline: Herb is right. 

i beg to differ , i know many many people who dont believe her . 

Turns out this committee never asked the secret service if what she said was true . Why? Why wouldnt they investigate her claims? Its all coming out ,lets wait n see 
This reminds me of the 'where there's smoke...' claims regarding election fraud.

Does it really make a difference to you if she's 100% factual.  I don't see you changing your tune, regardless.

This is true. I think we all look forward to Mark Meadows, her boss, to stop defying his subpoena and go in and straighten everything out.  Or maybe even Trump himself.   I mean clearly these guys have to be just champing at the bit to get in there and get under oath and tell the world what really went on.  I wonder what the hold-up is?

So the secret service is wanting to have the two agents that were present during the suv event testify that Hutchinson’s telling of the suv event is not correct.  

If allowed this would have to cast some doubt on this panel’s investigation.

if their was an defense panel or cross examination by a defense team was allowed to people testifying this would really be a gong show.  I have no pony in this show.

So the secret service is wanting to have the two agents that were present during the suv event testify that Hutchinson’s telling of the suv event is not correct.  

if their was an defense panel or cross examination by a defense team was allowed to people testifying this would really be a gong show.  I have no pony in this show.
There are some advantages with not being reminded of inflation every 10 minutes during an investigation of Jan 6.

The key part of Ms Hutchinson’s testimony was when she stated that President Trump knew the mob was armed and instructed his security to shut off the weapon detectors. That testimony was direct, it wasn’t hearsay, and nobody has disputed it. If true it means Trump was aware that the crowd heading to the Capitol would commit violence. If true, he is certainly guilty of multiple crimes, along with treason against the USA. 

On top of treason and myriad of other crimes he should be charged with manslaughter, at least, for the lives lost and attempted murder. 

It’s like we’re thinking with the same brain.

Cancels nothing.  I think you're wrong.  You think I'm wrong.   Country was divided long before this.  Difference is I want Trump and his sycophants to pay for the insurrection and you clearly don't.  Blessedly, many of the traitors who were involved with Jan 6 are going to prison.  Anybody in my side doing the same?  No?  Why not? 
I am glad that the rioters are going to jail but I want those that planned the insurrection,  incited the riots and were happy about the violence that day to pay the price. And it needs to be steep and harsh. Not for revenge but most importantly to discourage anything like this never happens again. This witness tampering and threats to stay loyal to Trump are mafia style tactics that need to be punished.

There’s a direct line from Trump to the lady who was shot and killed. He doesn’t invite them to the “wild J6” rally, she’s still alive. What a shame and a waste. 
So True. Some like the simple answer of blaming the cop for the single action that caused her death…

When the person/people that told and amplified the lie that made her so passionately make her life-ending mistake, walks free.

She would be alive if not for Trump’s Big Lie.

The people testifying are basically all Republicans who were loyal to Trump to a point.  All of the people closest to Trump who could defend him either refuse to testify or plead the 5th, but somehow you're still looking for ways to cast doubt on the investigation.

I wasn’t sure about this: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg

But it turns out they were executed for spying, so I think that technically you’re correct. 
Yeah, I think people assume they were executed for treason, but it was really espionage. 

Oddly enough, although we haven't really charged a lot of people with treason, a pretty good percentage of them have received pardons.    Some things never change.

I said i dont trust her answers , i think shes hiding behind hearsay in some of the testimony and other things she said doesn't add up . Is she out right lying ? I honestly dont know ,she could just be mistaken or telling the truth and it just comes off crazy 
& how are you going to know?  no cross examination.  this is a staged kangaroo court & "court" is probably not the right term.   this is the furthest thing from bipartisan as you can get.  both Repubs on this were appointed by Pelosi.  Both people voted to impeach Trump.  the people suggested by the minority leader of the house to serve on this committee were dismissed by Pelosi breaking long standing precedent.  the recent testimony is I heard it from this guy.  Not admissible in anything but a partisan clown show.

get your jollies when you can I guess.  reminds me of another thread that went 2400 pages that involved
Russia.

good luck ladies & gents but unless I hear cross examination from the other side I'd rather watch anything.

i beg to differ , i know many many people who dont believe her . 

Turns out this committee never asked the secret service if what she said was true . Why? Why wouldnt they investigate her claims? Its all coming out ,lets wait n see 
Amazing.  I don’t believe her first hand, under oath accounts of conversations she heard or participated in directly.  That makes perfect sense in the context of the larger evidentiary record.  

But I do believe vague claims saying she is lying that were not, and will never be, made under oath.  

MAGA is a helluva of a drug.  

& how are you going to know?  no cross examination.  this is a staged kangaroo court & "court" is probably not the right term.   this is the furthest thing from bipartisan as you can get.  both Repubs on this were appointed by Pelosi.  Both people voted to impeach Trump.  the people suggested by the minority leader of the house to serve on this committee were dismissed by Pelosi breaking long standing precedent.

McCarthy named five people to be on the committee. Three were accepted. The two with obvious conflicts of interest were rejected, as they obviously should have been. So McCarthy pulled the other three back instead of replacing the two who were rejected. That's not the Democrats' fault.

And that was all after the non-partisan independent commission was rejected by Republicans.

The only significance I see of what went on in the limo is to reinforce the idea that the President was acting crazy. No one is suggesting he be charged with assault. The legal threat that Hutchinson's testimony brought forth was that the President knew there were guns present  and he wanted the mags pulled anyway. He knew they weren't after him ( although how did he know who they were? how did he know they weren't liberals that were out to assassinate him?) He didn't care if people with guns went to the Capitol. 

Why would she lie under oath?  How do people not ask themselves this question in an objective, critical way?  What did she have to gain?  

& how are you going to know?  no cross examination.  this is a staged kangaroo court & "court" is probably not the right term.   this is the furthest thing from bipartisan as you can get.  both Repubs on this were appointed by Pelosi.  Both people voted to impeach Trump.  the people suggested by the minority leader of the house to serve on this committee were dismissed by Pelosi breaking long standing precedent.  the recent testimony is I heard it from this guy.  Not admissible in anything but a partisan clown show.

get your jollies when you can I guess.  reminds me of another thread that went 2400 pages that involved
Russia.

good luck ladies & gents but unless I hear cross examination from the other side I'd rather watch anything.
You want cross examination from the Democrats?

Users who are viewing this thread