What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

“What makes the struggle harder and more painful is to know so many of my fellow citizens, including so many of the people I put my life at risk to defend, are downplaying or outright denying what happened.” — DC Officer Michael Fanone 

“What makes the struggle harder and more painful is to know so many of my fellow citizens, including so many of the people I put my life at risk to defend, are downplaying or outright denying what happened.” — DC Officer Michael Fanone 
And you pretty much have to do these things to win a Republican primary.

:(

Metropolitan Police officer Harry Dunn said that after he told the crowd he voted for Biden, a woman in a pink MAGA shirt said, “This (N word) voted for Joe Biden” then the crowd began changing "Boo effing (N word).”

:(

Metropolitan Police officer Harry Dunn said that after he told the crowd he voted for Biden, a woman in a pink MAGA shirt said, “This (N word) voted for Joe Biden” then the crowd began changing "Boo effing (N word).”
"No one had ever before called me n*gger while wearing the uniform of Capitol Police Officer...To be candid, the rest of the afternoon is a blur." -- Officer Harry Dunn

OFFICER GONELL describes the exhaustion of the attack. While rioters kept rotating and sending fresh bodies to break the police line at lower west tunnel, the outnumbered cops had to hold ground without rotating for more than an hour in some cases.

Asked by Rep. Cheney what he thinks when he hears Trump saying the Jan. 6 mob was a 'loving crowd', Sgt. Gonell responds:

"It's a pathetic excuse for his behavior."

"I'm still recovering from those 'hugs and kisses.'"

Watching the statements and the following questions from committee members, I almost wish Jim Jordan was on the committee just to witness the types of questions he may have asked. Would he have attacked these brave officers? Would he have the ba...um, guts to sit there with his silly smirk and contradict their testimony? Or would have he honored the gravity of this hearing and maybe have a come-to-Jesus moment?

Good, I hope they play clips of the event during prime-time. Let Tucker and Sean attack the proceedings. Let them attack the character of these officers. Or will they show some humility that maybe this was pretty bad.
I say to those law enforcement officers testifying today.....you are the patriotic Americans that we love and understand. Not the scumbags our former President claimed we loved and understood.

Watching the statements and the following questions from committee members, I almost wish Jim Jordan was on the committee just to witness the types of questions he may have asked. Would he have attacked these brave officers? Would he have the ba...um, guts to sit there with his silly smirk and contradict their testimony? Or would have he honored the gravity of this hearing and maybe have a come-to-Jesus moment?
He’d be flailing his arms and ranting about Hunter Biden and antifa

Good, I hope they play clips of the event during prime-time. Let Tucker and Sean attack the proceedings. Let them attack the character of these officers. Or will they show some humility that maybe this was pretty bad.
Simply airing it without comment; letting the testimony speak for itself would do wonders, IMHO.  Of course, CNN/MSNBC won't do that as well.  They all want the clicks.  Which just makes my suggestion a pipe dream that ain't happenin'. 😟

House Republican Jim Banks will be on Fox News in a minute. Can't wait to hear what he has to say. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Officer Hodges specifically asks the committee to investigate if anyone in power aided the terrorists in carrying out the events of Jan. 6, saying "we can only address crime on the streets".

Still amazed that the RNC, by and large, is still trying to defend and downplay this.  A simple narrative of "Most people who were at the Rally were peaceful.....but the very, very few who entered the Capitol Building or assaulted policie officers should be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law" would go a LONG way with Centrists and Right Leaning citizens.

It's cool that you guys are NOW on the side of the police.

Let me ask:  Where were you when BLM/Antifa was running amok?
 BLM/Antifa

BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa BLM/Antifa

The GOP really needs a distracting news story today. 

This is just one crushing sound bite after another from law enforcement. 

House GOP conference chair Elise Stefanik: “The American people deserve to know the truth. That Nancy Pelosi bears responsibility, as speaker of the House, for the tragedy that occurred on Jan. 6.” https://t.co/24IXfoMPrI

This is the conference chair? That's the strategy??  Geez

That's weird..I see it on Fox's page?

In fact, if you click it it takes you to live coverage.....those darn Foxers!
They did kind of camoflague the link, labeled as Pelosi's Hand-picked Committee hearing begins (presented in a fair and balanced manner).

House GOP conference chair Elise Stefanik: “The American people deserve to know the truth. That Nancy Pelosi bears responsibility, as speaker of the House, for the tragedy that occurred on Jan. 6.” https://t.co/24IXfoMPrI

Then they should have no objection to having people testify under oath where the chain of command failed in authorizing the NG. If its Nancy's fault, so be it. Go under oath and testify.

Was anything in that headline incorrect?   
Not a thing. Plus it was more streamlined then the other headline option:

Committee that McCarthy refused to be involved in, thus allowing Dems to control narrative for months, begins hearings.

The refusal to be in the room won them some PR hardline points for a day, but it is clearly a massive mistake. 

It's cool that you guys are NOW on the side of the police.

Let me ask:  Where were you when BLM/Antifa was running amok?
I was condemning the rioters and those that attacked the police just like I did with the insurrectionist's attack on the Capitol on January 6

ETA: I am fine with having congressional hearings on the riots that occurred after the George Floyd killing. 

At least she’s acknowledging that January 6th was a tragedy. Baby steps. 

Users who are viewing this thread