What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

Speaker Pelosi to ABC on the Jan. 6 committee:

"We have to, again, ignore the antics of those who do not want to find the truth. We will find the truth. That truth will have the confidence of the American people because it will be done patriotically and not in a partisan way."

The Speaker seems to agree with me on the use of the ignore function.

Tweet from…

Mr. Harry Dunn, Private First Class, U.S. Capitol Police

“Tomorrow I'll be testifying before congress, and while I don't think I'm nervous, I am definitely anxious. It will be televised so please tune in and support if you are able to.”

“Additionally I am soliciting your good vibes!!! Thanks in advance.”
I am wondering if he will testify that Jan 6 was just like any other day with tourists visiting the Capitol

Tweet from…

Mr. Harry Dunn, Private First Class, U.S. Capitol Police

“Tomorrow I'll be testifying before congress, and while I don't think I'm nervous, I am definitely anxious. It will be televised so please tune in and support if you are able to.”

“Additionally I am soliciting your good vibes!!! Thanks in advance.”
There will be four members of the Capitol Police testifying tomorrow on "The Law Enforcement Experience on January 6".

I'm sure its not necessary, but a reminder that police lives matter and support our LEOs.

Rep. Adam Schiff on Kevin McCarthy:

"He's never wanted a commission to go forward. He doesn't want the committee to go forward. He's done, I think, everything possible to try to subvert the work. And why? Because Donald Trump doesn't want it to happen."

I know it is for you as you seem as invested in it as this board was for the Russia hoax.  Half the country doesn't care at all.
Dozer gonna doze.

Now that Trump's gone they need to make a big deal out of something, anything to try and keep their base in constant outrage mode. Seems to have worked on a few people.

Keep in mind these are the same people that stayed quiet when blm/antifa were burning down cities and causing massive carnage and destruction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dozer gonna doze.

Now that Trump's gone they need to make a big deal out of something, anything to try and keep their base in constant outrage mode. Seems to have worked on a few people.

Keep in mind these are the same people that stayed quiet when blm/antifa were burning down cities and causing massive carnage and destruction.
Yep.  Keep the focus on how terrible Republicans are.  That is the plan.  Thats clear as day.  This silly investigation will uncover nothing except how horrible all Republicans are and how no one should vote for one ever. 

Jan. 6 select committee Chairman Bennie Thompson and Rep. Liz Cheney are expected to each give opening statements at today's hearing. 

The decision to have Cheney give the second opening statement was discussed by the full group of committee members. 

Reminder  of the scene that the officers testifying today experienced…

The hearing will feature testimony from Officers Harry Dunn, Aquilino Gonell, Michael Fanone and Daniel Hodges, who'll recount their personal experiences of defending the Capitol.

If you go here

And scroll down the page you will find this link to the hearings:

Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol
9:30 AM
House Cable Channel 51
Full Committee, hearing entitled, “The Law Enforcement Experience on January 6th”
310 CHOB, Livestream here

Looks like MSNBC will also be televising.

dozer said:
Rep Adam Kinzinger:

“I’m a Republican dedicated to conservative values, but I swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution

"we're duty-bound to conduct a full investigation.” 
America's Republican*

*Don't expect Gateway Pundit to adopt this nickname

Dozer gonna doze.

By the end of today, every NFL training camp will be open, in session, with players having reported and preparing for Wednesday’s practices.

Yep.  Keep the focus on how terrible Republicans are.  That is the plan.  Thats clear as day.  This silly investigation will uncover nothing except how horrible all Republicans are and how no one should vote for one ever. 
In the words of The Apostle Paul  "You reap what you sow"

From an observer in the committee meeting…

As the scenes & sounds of the Jan. 6 violence played loudly in the hearing room, the officers grew emotional and some embraced each other. Officer Dunn, who endured racist slurs, appeared to choke back tears. Officer Fanone, who was nearly killed, put his arm around Sgt. Gonell.

Capitol Police sergeant Aquilino Gonell:

"On January 6, for the first time, I was more afraid working at the Capitol than during my entire Army deployment to Iraq. In Iraq, we expected armed violence, because we were in a war zone. But nothing … prepared me for … January 6."

Officer Fanone:

"I've dealt with some dicey situations. I thought I've seen it all, many times over. But what I witnessed on January 6th, 2021 is unlike anything I've ever seen."

"I, too, was being crushed by the rioters. I could feel myself losing oxygen and recall thinking to myself, 'this is how I'm going to die, trampled defending this entrance.'"

Capitol Police sergeant Aquilino Gonell:  

"There are some who expressed outrage when someone simply kneeled for social justice … Where are those same people expressing outrage to condemn the violent attack on law enforcement officers, the U.S. Capitol, and our American democracy?"

“The indifference shown to my colleagues is disgraceful,” Officer Fanone says, slamming his hand down on the table!

Video clip

"As an immigrant to the United States, I am especially proud to have defended the U.S. Constitution and our democracy on January 6."

"This investigation is essential to our democracy, and I am deeply grateful to you for undertaking it."

Meanwhile in the land of denial…

“The American people deserve to know the truth. That Nancy Pelosi bears responsibility, as speaker of the House, for the tragedy that occurred on Jan. 6.”

That’s right. The GOP position is:

This is all Nancy Pelosi’s fault.

An interesting strategy…
They pulled her name from the GOP grievance grabbag that includes The Squad, The Media, and Wokeness.

DC Police officer testifies about what mob said to him on Jan 6:

"You're on the wrong team"

"Your mother is a whore"

"You will die on your knees"

Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone:

"I was electrocuted again and again and again with a taser. I'm sure I was screaming, but I don't think I could even hear my own voice."

Users who are viewing this thread