What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

January 6th Committee @January6thCmte

The Select Committee has issued a subpoena for records from the United States Secret Service. In a letter to Secret Service Director James Murray, Chair @BennieGThompson sought information about Secret Service text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021 that were reportedly erased.

Depends, did the Thebes and Spartans all have camera phones ?
Well, if circumstances matter, were the 1/6 Insurrectionists on Federal land where firearms were explicitly prohibited in a city with some of the strictest gun laws in the country? Did they have a strong incentive to conceal any firearms they might have? If they did have a strong incentive to do so, do you think they might have done this?

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=meadows&fr=yfp-t&fr2=p%3Afp%2Cm%3Asb&ei=UTF-8&fp=1

It also comes as reports suggest Trump's inner circle is anticipating Meadows' downfall over January 6. Lawyers for Trump told Rolling Stone this week that they believe Meadows will be a fall guy.

"Mark is gonna get pulverized," one of Trump's legal advisers told the magazine, which spoke with eight unnamed sources for its report. "And it's really sad."

Time to be a patriot, Mark - even if you had to be forced to be one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The Secret Servicemen could be the breaking point. If there are damning text messages (and there appears to be) and they are recovered,  they could connect Trump directly in ways only his most loyal confidants could. Imagine there’s a message saying ‘Mogul wants Pence taken away from the Capital’ or something even worse.

But more than just the content of their texts, it might be a signal for a big fish like Meadows that it’s time to get off the sinking ship.

Thursday is going to be damning. The key moment may be Trump’s behavior around the time when Pence refused to leave. That may be the point he knows it’s not happening.

I think the committee wraps up Trump’s role on Thursday and future hearings will go into the roles of the support crew - members of Congress, the tours, Secret Service, Ginni Thomas, etc.

Don’t recall this being discussed recently or ever, but have we talked about the overstock.com ex-ceo who was present at the WH meeting Dec. 18-21 with Trump, Powell, and Flynn?
From what I remember, I think he helped finance a lot of the lawsuit challenges.

Well, if circumstances matter, were the 1/6 Insurrectionists on Federal land where firearms were explicitly prohibited in a city with some of the strictest gun laws in the country? Did they have a strong incentive to conceal any firearms they might have? If they did have a strong incentive to do so, do you think they might have done this?
I posted reports of people saying they saw men walking around with AR-15 style rifles and a report that a guy was in a tree with a handgun,yet not one photo was produced. Ive seen pics from other places where armed men went to their local Capitals and brought rifles with them wearing army fatigues , militants . There are hundreds of photos of those types of events all over social media. I`m not saying there were no guns ,im simply pointing out that its beyond strange that there are no pictures of guns . I see plenty of pictures of people swinging poles,bear sprays  and even fire extinguishers . Why are all ya all getting so defensive ,im actually shocked nobody else is curios . Seems important enough to talk about all the guns reported but not serious enough to ask where ? If people were reporting Hunter Biden was smoking crack with hookers people would want proof ,and amazingly they have it because hes such a ####### he recorded everything .Those recording prove beyond any reasonable doubt . Samew with police shootings ,what a difference it makes when you see for yourself what actually happened ,changes the entire story sometimes . Honestly i only asked a question now i feel like i have to defend my position over and over to multiple people , its really not this important to keep rehashing my inquiry yet here i am 😕

I posted reports of people saying they saw men walking around with AR-15 style rifles and a report that a guy was in a tree with a handgun,yet not one photo was produced. Ive seen pics from other places where armed men went to their local Capitals and brought rifles with them wearing army fatigues , militants . There are hundreds of photos of those types of events all over social media. I`m not saying there were no guns ,im simply pointing out that its beyond strange that there are no pictures of guns . I see plenty of pictures of people swinging poles,bear sprays  and even fire extinguishers . Why are all ya all getting so defensive ,im actually shocked nobody else is curios . Seems important enough to talk about all the guns reported but not serious enough to ask where ? If people were reporting Hunter Biden was smoking crack with hookers people would want proof ,and amazingly they have it because hes such a ####### he recorded everything .Those recording prove beyond any reasonable doubt . Samew with police shootings ,what a difference it makes when you see for yourself what actually happened ,changes the entire story sometimes . Honestly i only asked a question now i feel like i have to defend my position over and over to multiple people , its really not this important to keep rehashing my inquiry yet here i am 😕

It's not as simple as you are making it out.  It started with you questioning the validity of the presence of guns based on the lack of photos.  

Kinda like Hutchinson account of trump and secret service was questioned for inane reasons - and then it was corroborated

its really not this important to keep rehashing my inquiry yet here i am
Then don't.  Yet here you are doing the same thing time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time. 

Then don't.  Yet here you are doing the same thing time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time. 
agreed , the swarm did what it does once again, and i fed into it.

Republicans have interesting plans for this committee come January if they take over the House (which unfortunately seems likely): 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/politics/house-republicans-investigation-plans-trump/index.html

The new committee will attempt to prove that (1) Trump really did win the election (2) Nancy Pelosi is to blame for 1/6. 

Should be a blast. 
Other than a couple months, my entire life I have worked for local and federal governments over the past 31 years.

If that happens, I might have to leave the country. I cannot stand by and let democracy crumble around me, I'll get out while the gettin is good.

ZADO said:
If people didn't use the guns but had them on their body with winter clothing how easy would it be to see the gun? Do you have photos of people with bear spray, brass knuckles, knives or other smaller potential weapons  that they didn't use?

If people didn't use the guns but had them on their body with winter clothing how easy would it be to see the gun? Do you have photos of people with bear spray, brass knuckles, knives or other smaller potential weapons  that they didn't use?
Many many pics of other weapons and spray clouds , yes. 

Stop sucking me in 😆

ZADO said:
The AR15 reports came from the police and were reported over police radio.  But you want pictures?   Good grief.  

The AR15 reports came from the police and were reported over police radio.  But you want pictures?   Good grief.  
Yes, just another denier to put on ignore. I ask for photos of weapons not being used and he talks of photos of bear spray clouds. No point debating with that kind of  nonsense.

So the cops, in the course of doing their job, were lying to dispatch?  I must say they are great actors too.  The intonation in their voices as they identified the guns seemed so real.  

So the cops, in the course of doing their job, were lying to dispatch?  I must say they are great actors too.  The intonation in their voices as they identified the guns seemed so real.  
Yes it's the Deep State where there was a  collaborated  plan by several Metro police officers before they knew what was going to happen that day, to say people there had guns. You know because they not only knew how bad that would make President Trump look., they also knew he was going to tell those at the rally  to  go to the Capitol in his speech hours later. Stay tuned to Faux news where we will soon learn family members of these Deep State  Metro police officers work at that Pizza restaurant in Washington DC. And Faux News has photos of these officers planning this and the actual hand written notes of the plan to boot.

Re: The SS texts-

After the inspector general raised his complaints, he then discussed the feasibility of reconstructing the texts. But the issues so alarmed the select committee that the panel moved hours later to subpoena the Secret Service, according to participants at the briefing.

The string of fast-paced developments on Capitol Hill reflected how the erasure of the Secret Service texts – first disclosed in a letter to Congress by the inspector general, Joseph Cuffari – has become a top priority for the congressional inquiry into January 6.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/watchdog-secret-service-s-text-messages-story-has-shifted-several-times/ar-AAZDZAV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=37400cbfa6c64896adc2026a03a7a8a7

I think it's curious that there are no pics too.  I also think you guys should extend more patience.
I don't know why GB.  Almost all the reports of the guns in recorded transcripts were on the outside of the MAGs that Trump wanted removed.  It doesn't shock me at all that there aren't pictures of guns when they weren't taking pictures of the places the guns were.  

I think it's curious that there are no pics too.  I also think you guys should extend more patience.
Didn't most of the intel about guns being spotted occur prior to them storming the capital.  I believe that most video and pics that was posted by the rioters came during the riot.  I doubt that there would have been a lot of video and pictures taken prior to Trump and company speaking.

I swear you`re the only person who understands what im saying , thanks for not being part of the swarm. 

I don't know why GB.  Almost all the reports of the guns in recorded transcripts were on the outside of the MAGs that Trump wanted removed.  It doesn't shock me at all that there aren't pictures of guns when they weren't taking pictures of the places the guns were.  

Didn't most of the intel about guns being spotted occur prior to them storming the capital.  I believe that most video and pics that was posted by the rioters came during the riot.  I doubt that there would have been a lot of video and pictures taken prior to Trump and company speaking.

Hi Zado.  Are these satisfactory explanations for you?

I hope these texts are not about the altercation in the car - that doesn't hold a lot of interest for me - but they would be a foot in the mouth for a few posters here - so maybe i do care.
I suspect that the texts will exhibit more craziness beyond the altercation in the beast. Perhaps adding more fuel to the fire that the 25th amendment should have been enacted. 

I hope these texts are not about the altercation in the car - that doesn't hold a lot of interest for me - but they would be a foot in the mouth for a few posters here - so maybe i do care.
We know there was an altercation in the car.  That shouldn't be in dispute, and if you'll notice, no one here is disputing that.  The "HUGE MOST IRRESPONSIBLE REPORTING EVER!!!!!!!" part is if he touched the steering wheel.  Let's face it, if it comes out that he didn't touch the steering wheel, we REALLY should shut the whole thing down...clearly the whole thing is based on lies.    

Republicans have interesting plans for this committee come January if they take over the House (which unfortunately seems likely): 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/politics/house-republicans-investigation-plans-trump/index.html

The new committee will attempt to prove that (1) Trump really did win the election (2) Nancy Pelosi is to blame for 1/6. 

Should be a blast. 
So they have had proof that Trump won the election but have been waiting 2+ years, until they might control the House,  for a committee to prove it?

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

We know there was an altercation in the car.  That shouldn't be in dispute, and if you'll notice, no one here is disputing that.  The "HUGE MOST IRRESPONSIBLE REPORTING EVER!!!!!!!" part is if he touched the steering wheel.  Let's face it, if it comes out that he didn't touch the steering wheel, we REALLY should shut the whole thing down...clearly the whole thing is based on lies.    
It's strange, the CSI steering wheel experts in the forum have disappeared. 

They must be on vacation. 

Users who are viewing this thread