What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (3 Viewers)

Ben Tate

Terrance West

kenny Britt

For

Trent

2nd
Trent and the pick for me
Ugly
I can't see it being a bad trade either way, personally. TRich has more market value than Tate/West, but functionally, I can certainly see taking the CLE duo. Britt was just listed as a starter and could prove to be worth a 2nd round pick. Maybe the old Trent owner should have kept the 2nd, but I wouldn't call it a bad trade.

12 Team PPR

Team A gave up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team C

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B gave up:

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Both picks are tough to gauge. Both likely mid to late.
Adams easily.

12team ppr. Start just one qb but also only have to start one rb.

Baltimore rb triumvirate

Bradford

For

Cutler

McFadden and Reese

5th round pick

12 Team PPR

Team A gave up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team C

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B gave up:

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Both picks are tough to gauge. Both likely mid to late.
Adams easily.
i don't know, the other side could win big if the pick ends up high and even if it's a mid 1st there will be similar prospects available next year.

i'd take the picks.

12team ppr. Start just one qb but also only have to start one rb.

Baltimore rb triumvirate

Bradford

For

Cutler

McFadden and Reese

5th round pick
I'll take the triumvirate, even in start 1. Assuming benches are deep enough to hold all 3, if Reese is rostered.

12 team tiered PPR RB-0.5, WR-1, TE-1.25

Gave: Jordy, Witten, Sproles

Got: Terrance Williams, Kendall Wright, Zach Ertz, Devonta Freeman, '15 2nd

mzkp54 said:

I could see it in a rebuild but give me Jordy and Witten.

ILUVBEER99 said:
i don't know, the other side could win big if the pick ends up high and even if it's a mid 1st there will be similar prospects available next year.

i'd take the picks.
My thoughts as well. Adams and the pick could be considered a wash, assuming the pick is on the later half of mid. But the 2nd and Tanny are too much to add, in my opinion.

Concept Coop said:
bostonfred said:
Non ppr 14 team qrwwft

Dez, Blount

For

Watkins, bradford, 2015 first

Both are contenders and both have stud qbs. The team getting bradford has brees and manziel. The team giving bradford has manning but no other qb.
Am I safe in assuming that the 2015 first is likely to be late? If so, I'd take the Dez side. I don't see Sammy having upside beyond Dez's, and a late first isn't enough for me to assume the risk. Give me the proven stud in a "+" situation, especially if I'm contending.

If you're that high on Watkins--I guess you "gotta do what you gotta do".
That pick could be 1.01 and Dez would still be my choice.

mzkp54 said:

I could see it in a rebuild but give me Jordy and Witten.
I normally agree with you, but here I'm going to give up Jordy and Witten for that package
I'm bigger on Wright than many, but I'll take that package of youth over the older dudes easy. Even if I'm not rebuilding.

See? Doesn't that just feel right? :)

Don't fight it, people. Go with it. Embrace it. The Gronk smashes, because smashing is what Gronks do.
Gronks?! There is only one The Gronk; there has only ever been one The Gronk; there will only ever be one The Gronk.
The wonderful thing about Gronks

Is Gronks are wonderful things

Their arms are made out of metal

Their ligaments made out of strings

They're prickly, brickly, quickly, thickly,

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun

But the most wonderful thing about Gronks

Is [he's] the only one!

Concept Coop said:
bostonfred said:
Non ppr 14 team qrwwft

Dez, Blount

For

Both are contenders and both have stud qbs. The team getting bradford has brees and manziel. The team giving bradford has manning but no other qb.
Am I safe in assuming that the 2015 first is likely to be late? If so, I'd take the Dez side. I don't see Sammy having upside beyond Dez's, and a late first isn't enough for me to assume the risk. Give me the proven stud in a "+" situation, especially if I'm contending.

Disagreed. Given the paucity of quality RB options, I think next year's top picks are going to command an even crazier premium than usual. Unless things go entirely pear-shaped, I think we might be seeing the steepest top-pick premium since the Bush/Peterson/Calvin drafts of '06-'07.

Some were drafting Reggie Bush with the 1.01 in dynasty startups before he ever played a snap. As crazy as that is, I wouldn't be surprised to see the top rookie or two going in the first round next year.

Don't fight it, people. Go with it. Embrace it. The Gronk smashes, because smashing is what Gronks do.
Gronks?! There is only one The Gronk; there has only ever been one The Gronk; there will only ever be one The Gronk.
There's actually three of them. I presume they all smash and dash, it's just that Rob is smashier and dashier than the rest.

There's actually three of them. I presume they all smash and dash, it's just that Rob is smashier and dashier than the rest.
Only one Gronk...the rest are Gronkowski's complete with first names and all

Fail.

Fail.
One of the ones you forgot about had to quit sports because of back problems.

One of the ones you forgot about had to quit sports because of back problems.
He was injured playing college baseball in 2004, due to improper rehab had issues for "a few years" and didn't retire from the sport until after the 2011 season.

From 2009 article (no mention of injury concerns):

"Gordon Gronkowski almost made the decision to end his professional baseball career. The big-hitting first baseman knew it’s a long shot for a player to find his way onto a major league roster, and Gronkowski’s family had a chain of 18 fitness equipment stores that he helps run during the offseasons and could make a comfortable living if he chose to become a permanent part of the business world.

But he also knows that there is limited time for an athlete to play on a professional level, and he hasn’t regretted signing with the Lake Erie Crushers."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben Tate

Terrance West

kenny Britt

For

Trent

2nd
Ugly
I can't see it being a bad trade either way, personally. TRich has more market value than Tate/West, but functionally, I can certainly see taking the CLE duo. Britt was just listed as a starter and could prove to be worth a 2nd round pick. Maybe the old Trent owner should have kept the 2nd, but I wouldn't call it a bad trade.
Me neither. Depending on the league/roster, could easily go with Tate/West/Britt

12 Team ppr QB/ 2RB / 3WR / TE/ FL

Oof

I wouldn't trade Gronk by himself for all of that, never mind including Pierce and a 1st.
Vetoable and I never say that. Take Gronk out of it and I still favor the side getting Pierce and the 1st.
I was on the side getting Gronk and I can assure you the other side is a very knowledgeable/successful owner and there was no collusion.

While I'm happy with the trade and I can see the point some of the Gronk supporters are making, the bolded is a strange comment as Mathews was very productive last season, especially in the second half of the season. Thomas caught 77 balls last season and Sproles is now gone and Cooper had a nice rapport with Foles and is still improving.

I think maybe the other owner was a little shell shocked by all of Gronk's injuries as I know he's been actively shopping him around hard. (ETA: Plus he also owns Julius Thomas). One league member has agreed with the masses here so far, and while I thought I made out well I didn't think it was that big of a steal.

In fact I pushed hard for the first to make the deal worth doing for me, since making the deal leaves me with having to rotate either Pierce, Danny Woodhead, Knowshon Moreno or Jeremy Hill at RB, making me long shot for a playoff spot.

I have a pretty good team other than at RB (but thought I'd rebuild a bit based on the strength of the league's top two teams).
Mathews and Brown = 1st

PT, Cooper, Miller = Pierce

Dyno - nonPPR

Team A gave

Jimmy Graham

Team B gave

Montee Ball

Golden Tate

2015 2nd

2015 3rd

-----------------------

Team A gave

Devonte Adams

2015 2nd

Team B gave

Kevin Norwood

2015 1st.

Dyno - nonPPR

Team A gave

Jimmy Graham

Team B gave

Montee Ball

Golden Tate

2015 2nd

2015 3rd

-----------------------

Team A gave

Devonte Adams

2015 2nd

Team B gave

Kevin Norwood

2015 1st.

Graham Slam!!! Guy who dealt Graham must have been drunk!

Second deal depends on where the 1st falls.

Dyno - nonPPR

Team A gave

Jimmy Graham

Team B gave

Montee Ball

Golden Tate

2015 2nd

2015 3rd

-----------------------

Team A gave

Devonte Adams

2015 2nd

Team B gave

Kevin Norwood

2015 1st.

Graham Slam!!! Guy who dealt Graham must have been drunk!Second deal depends on where the 1st falls.
It's not that bad a trade. It isn't PPR so that's a big drop in Graham's value (he'll only score about 65-75% of PPR) whereas Ball probably only loses 10-15%. I'm still probably on the Graham side but it's pretty close in my book.

Seeing some of these foster trades makes me think he'll be the best buy low of the offseason
What made it interesting to me is the guy used a 3rd round startup pick on Foster and traded him for Mason who was picked up in late 10th and the 2015 2.

Seeing some of these foster trades makes me think he'll be the best buy low of the offseason
What made it interesting to me is the guy used a 3rd round startup pick on Foster and traded him for Mason who was picked up in late 10th and the 2015 2.
So basically he got Mason for free. Nice.
A third round startup pick is far more value than a second round rookie pick.
Yes, that is true. As a Foster owner, I'm just thinking about my own predicament. If I had taken him as a third round startup, I'd be having buyers remorse. I think the guy who drafted Foster sold low before the market completely falls out. Foster's early retirement talk scares me. I would do that deal of Mason and a second right now if the offer was presented to me.

Ben Tate

Terrance West

kenny Britt

For

Trent

2nd
Ugly
Me neither. Depending on the league/roster, could easily go with Tate/West/Britt
No matter what the league/roster, I easily go with Tate/west/Britt.

Ben Tate

Terrance West

kenny Britt

For

Trent

2nd
Ugly
Trent Richardson is a bust, let's just say it and own it.

Yes, that is true. As a Foster owner, I'm just thinking about my own predicament. If I had taken him as a third round startup, I'd be having buyers remorse. I think the guy who drafted Foster sold low before the market completely falls out. Foster's early retirement talk scares me. I would do that deal of Mason and a second right now if the offer was presented to me.
In a rebuild or if totally loaded at RB I could see this but does your Foster squad have a reasonable chance to compete this year?

In a rebuild or if totally loaded at RB I could see this but does your Foster squad have a reasonable chance to compete this year?
I'm afraid not. Other than QB (Luck), RB (Foster, Lynch), I'm super weak at WR and TE. I need a lot to get awfully lucky.

Ben Tate

Terrance West

kenny Britt

For

Trent

2nd
Ugly
When I said ugly, I mean ugly in favor of the NON Trent side.

Concept Coop said:
bostonfred said:
Non ppr 14 team qrwwft

Dez, Blount

For

Disagreed. Given the paucity of quality RB options, I think next year's top picks are going to command an even crazier premium than usual. Unless things go entirely pear-shaped, I think we might be seeing the steepest top-pick premium since the Bush/Peterson/Calvin drafts of '06-'07.

Some were drafting Reggie Bush with the 1.01 in dynasty startups before he ever played a snap. As crazy as that is, I wouldn't be surprised to see the top rookie or two going in the first round next year.
I've seen this somewhat already. My Christine Michael and Dobson for 2015 1st (close to being a lock for #1 overall) was rejected without counter offer

12 team ppr IDP

A gave: Vernon Davis, Charles Johnson(DE)

B gave: Ryan Matthews

A had Thomas, Davis, Allen, Clay at Te and only Morris, Ridley, CM at RB

B had Ryan, Ellington, Lacy, Richardson at Rb

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread