What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Big list gentleman. 5 leagues. Sorry, maybe 1 or 2 of them are from late march. Hardly any are mine.

Lets get it on.

12 team, ppr, qb/2rb/2wr/te/2flex - 6pt all TDs

Team a - Flacco

Team b - Leshoure, 3.02

Team a - Ivory, Hunter

Team b - S.Taylor, 1.09

Team a - Gore, Helu

Team b - 3.03

Team a - M.Williams(buf)

Team b - 3.06

Team a - S.Jackson, Cooper

Team b - 1.06

Team a - Rivers, T.Austin

Team b - Hunter

Team a - S.Chandler, 2.01

Team b - Cook, 2.06, 3.02

Team a - Franklin, Quick, M.Williams(buf), 3.03

Team b - 3.02

Team a - Sproles

Team b - D.Williams, 2.12

Team a - Marquess Wilson

Team b - 2015 3rd

Team a - Foster

Team b - Crabtree

Team a - Griffin, 2.12

Team b - Wright

Team a - 1.01

Team b - 1.05, 1.06, 1.09

Team a - Cj Anderson

Team b - 2.12

Team a - Shorts, Edleman

Team b - J.Thomas

Team a - 1.05

Team b - Blackmon

Team a - 1.10, 3.01

Team b - 3.08, 2015 1st

Some wins and some losses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superflex trades!!!!!!!

12 teams, qb/rb/2wr/te/3flex ppr superflex w/1.5ppr TE, 6pts all TDs

Team a - Foster

Team b - T.Williams

Team a - Flacco, Patton

Team b - 2.01

Team a - White, 1.10

Team b - J.Bell, Reed

Team a - 2.02, 3.10

Team b - Sproles, 2015 2nd

Team a - Garcon

Team b - T.Smith, 2.09

Team a - Ponder

Team b - D.Johnson

Team a - L.Green

Team a - G.Tate

Team a - Eifert

Team b - CJ Anderson, 2.02

Team a - 2.10, 2.12

Team b - D.Wilson

Team a - Crabtree, 1.11

Team b - 2.10, 2015 1st

Team a - Dalton

Team b - 1.07

Team a - Crabtree, 2.09

Team b - Spiller

Booyah.

Lacy is younger than mccoy and could legitimately outscore him this year, let alone in future seasons. There are good reasons to think lacy could improve in year two, including him missing two games to a concussion and the coaches talking about using him more. There are good reasons to think shady is coming off a career year, too. Of course, year two wasn't kind to doug martin and trent richardson, so there are no guarantees, especially with lacy having known foot issues. But adding a decent first for a second puts me on the lacy side.
Career year?

You do realize (dropping injured 2012), he finished as the RB2 in 2011 and RB3 in 2010, right? And considering his "career year" of 2013, he only finished as RB3.
Maybe career year isn't the right word, because he's had a couple of outlier seasons. His high ppr finish in 2010 came from 78 receptions, a career high. Second was 54 receptions, third was 52 in 2013. Can he get 78 receptions again? Doubtful. If anything, the addition of sproles signals a decline in mccoys receiving numbers. In 2011, he had a ridiculous 20 total tds. Last year, he had 11, which was the only other double digit td season. Can he repeat with double digit tds this year? Maybe, but I don't expect a huge jump.

Which leaves us with yardage. Last year was a career high in yardage, by almost 500 yards over his second best season. That's a massive outlier - 2146 vs 1672. He got it with his first ever 300 carry performance. His 314 carries last year was 41 more than his career high of 273 in 2010. His rushing yardage was over 1600, again, an outlier at 300 more than his previous best. He averaged 10.4 yards per reception, almost three full yards more per reception than his previous high.

Will chip give him that kind of workload again? They traded significant ammunition for an old running back this offseason, so you have to think his receptions - and field time - may not be what it was last year. If his receptions go down, his most productive touches drop off. And that's before we consider the possibility of injury, which is a legitimate concern coming off of career highs in rush attempt and total touches. I wouldn't sneeze at the opportunity to have him on my team, but this looked like an outlier season to me.

12 team graded PPR (.5/1/1.5) start 2RB/2WR/TE can flex RWT

Gave:

L Murray

Got

Other deals I'm not involved with, rookie picks are rounds 1-3, FA picks are rounds 4-7, cut down was to 16 so some decent players available:

Stacy/5.07 for Rice/2.08/5.02

Dobson/3.01 for Woods/3.04

Vick/Cameron for Wilson/Woods/Bennett/3.04/3.10/6.10

3.10 for 5.01

4.04 for 2.08

2.10 for K Robinson/Goodwin

12Tm - QRRWWWTFFF - 1/1/1.5

Gave: K. Allen/J. Hunter

Got: A. Jeffery

Could afford a hit to WR depth, with Dez, Cruz, Fitz, and Tavon also on roster.

Not involved:

A gave up:
Johnson, Calvin DET WR

B gave up:
Harvin, Percy SEA WR
Eifert, Tyler CIN TE
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.09
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.02
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.03

To me, the new Calvin owner got a 50% off deal.

12 team PPR dynasty (FFPC)

Demarco Murray

for

pick 8

a 2015 1st (decent looking team)
I'm all for selling Murray now, but this wouldn't be enough for me to move him, in most cases.
I've been trying to sell Murray in one league and I haven't gotten anything close to this offer. I'd accept.
This deal below I made VERY early in the offseason in another FFPC league:

Gave

Murray

Larry Fitzgerald

got

Julius Thomas

Percy Harvin

a 2015 1st

I had Murray on the block in that league and got several decent offers. Maybe your league just hates Murray, who knows. People either like him a lot or dont care for him at all.

I like him a good amount, but had to take that offer above. To me it was basically Julius and a 1st for Murray, plus I like Harvin over Fitz.

In the other deal (in our league) I am in pretty big win now mode again, and wanted to deal for pretty much the only good RB from the couple rebuilding teams. Pick 8 and a future 1st of a team that looks like he has a nice chance to make the playoffs was a halfway decent price I thought. Suited both of our wants and needs.

If I didn't have two more 2015 1sts I might have decided against it. But throwing Murray into the mix with Charles, Lynch, and Peterson sounded appealing.

I know startup draft position isn't everything, but in a few of the latest PPR leagues I have seen Murray go in about the 25-35 range. Thinking pick 8 and a mid 2015 1st would be a total steal to get a draft spot in that range. Might take a different player, but I do like Murray close to that area, so works for me for now. He could suck and get hurt all year and it blows up in my face. Thems be the risks we take.

Guess now I just gotta hope Dallas doesnt draft a RB in the top 3 rounds or so. They would be pretty stupid to do so, but ya never know with Jerry.

that is really light for Calvin... must be a big Eifert believer (or rookie fever, 3rd tier)
I really don't get it at all. I think it will shift league balance, too. The old Calvin owner was a playoff team, and the new one was not. The new Calvin owner also owns Julio and Green.

You could literally double that offer and I'd pass.

12 team PPR dynasty (FFPC)

Demarco Murray

for

pick 8

a 2015 1st (decent looking team)
I'm all for selling Murray now, but this wouldn't be enough for me to move him, in most cases.
I've been trying to sell Murray in one league and I haven't gotten anything close to this offer. I'd accept.
This deal below I made VERY early in the offseason in another FFPC league:

Gave

Murray

Larry Fitzgerald

got

Julius Thomas

Percy Harvin

a 2015 1st

I had Murray on the block in that league and got several decent offers. Maybe your league just hates Murray, who knows. People either like him a lot or dont care for him at all.

I like him a good amount, but had to take that offer above. To me it was basically Julius and a 1st for Murray, plus I like Harvin over Fitz.

In the other deal (in our league) I am in pretty big win now mode again, and wanted to deal for pretty much the only good RB from the couple rebuilding teams. Pick 8 and a future 1st of a team that looks like he has a nice chance to make the playoffs was a halfway decent price I thought. Suited both of our wants and needs.

If I didn't have two more 2015 1sts I might have decided against it. But throwing Murray into the mix with Charles, Lynch, and Peterson sounded appealing.

I know startup draft position isn't everything, but in a few of the latest PPR leagues I have seen Murray go in about the 25-35 range. Thinking pick 8 and a mid 2015 1st would be a total steal to get a draft spot in that range. Might take a different player, but I do like Murray close to that area, so works for me for now. He could suck and get hurt all year and it blows up in my face. Thems be the risks we take.

Guess now I just gotta hope Dallas doesnt draft a RB in the top 3 rounds or so. They would be pretty stupid to do so, but ya never know with Jerry.
Harvin/JT and a 2015 1st is a decent haul for Murray and Fitz and I like Murray

Murray

Larry Fitzgerald

got

Julius Thomas

Percy Harvin

a 2015 1st
Looks like you got a free 1st to me:

Harvin > Murray (close but I'm not a fan of Murray)

JT > Fitz (also close and will depend on where Fitz ends up in 2015)

Not involved:

A gave up:

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

B gave up:

Harvin, Percy SEA WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

I'm not a believer in Harvin but if he can stay healthy this deal is close. In 1.5 PPR for TE you're not getting Eifert any cheaper than right now. By next year it's possible you might not be able to trade Calvin straight up for Eifert in that league.

I'm not a believer in Harvin but if he can stay healthy this deal is close. In 1.5 PPR for TE you're not getting Eifert any cheaper than right now. By next year it's possible you might not be able to trade Calvin straight up for Eifert in that league.
I assume this is the disconnect between myself and the owner who made the deal (and yourself, potentially). I like Eifert a good deal. But he's only a top 5-7 dynasty TE. Even in 1.5 leagues--that shouldn't get you close to Calvin Johnson. Calvin scored just 20 fewer points than Jimmy Graham last year in 1.5 leagues. Calvin scored 70 poitns more than J.Thomas, and I don't see Eifert putting up Thomas numbers anytime soon, even.

I assume this is the disconnect between myself and the owner who made the deal (and yourself, potentially). I like Eifert a good deal. But he's only a top 5-7 dynasty TE. Even in 1.5 leagues--that shouldn't get you close to Calvin Johnson. Calvin scored just 20 fewer points than Jimmy Graham last year in 1.5 leagues. Calvin scored 70 poitns more than J.Thomas, and I don't see Eifert putting up Thomas numbers anytime soon, even.
Calvin will be 30 next year and has already dealt with some injuries. At 28 no one would have expected Fitzgerald to fall off like he did but it happens.

I'm not defending the trade since I wouldn't do it but I'm playing devil's advocate about why in the long run it's not as horrible as it first appears. If the team trading away Calvin isn't a contender I can understand the reasoning.

Not involved:

A gave up:

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

B gave up:

Harvin, Percy SEA WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Non-sarcastic question: is SSOG the new Harvin owner?

Gave up pick 7 and 71

Got Rueben Randle and pick 18

16 team league. Start 1-3-1 with Flex with .5 for Rb, 1 For WR, 1.5 for TE

WR's are Torrey Smith, Cecil Shorts, Golden Tate, Justin Blackmon, DeAndre Hopkins, Aaron Dobson, Stephen Hill, Mohammad Sanu

Gave up pick 7 and 71

Got Rueben Randle and pick 18

16 team league. Start 1-3-1 with Flex with .5 for Rb, 1 For WR, 1.5 for TE

WR's are Torrey Smith, Cecil Shorts, Golden Tate, Justin Blackmon, DeAndre Hopkins, Aaron Dobson, Stephen Hill, Mohammad Sanu
Randle/18.

I hate giving up a better pick for a lesser player but Randle is worth the 11 spot drop to me. There may still be a nice player at 18 as well

12 Team PPR Startup Q/R/R/W/W/W/T/Flex

Not involved.

Team A Got: Vereen, 2015 1st, 2015 3rd

Team B Got: Spiller
Very interesting trade. I have Vereen in the exact same format and have considered a similar trade. I decided not to, so I guess I like the Vereen/1st side more, but it is very close. I will be interested in seeing the responses from others.
I'm the one that traded Vereen away. Kinda hated giving up next years 1st but C.J. has a better shot at being special and carrying more of the load. Not only that but I didnt like the idea of playing Belichick roulette on a weekly basis. Here are my RB's now after the trade:

C.J. Spiller

R. Rice

B. Pierce

F. Gore

M. Lattimore

K. Moreno

M. Ford

A. Bradshaw

B. Cunningham

It's not a special group but I should be able to field a starting lineup week to week.

I would keep Vereen and the first - people are still trying to convince themselves that Spiller will get an increased workload.

Not involved.

Very interesting trade. I have Vereen in the exact same format and have considered a similar trade. I decided not to, so I guess I like the Vereen/1st side more, but it is very close. I will be interested in seeing the responses from others.
The 1st swings it to Vereen side for me

I would keep Vereen and the first - people are still trying to convince themselves that Spiller will get an increased workload.
I don't think he needs a huge workload to out-touch and out-produce Vereen. But I've always been a Spiller guy and have never been a Vereen guy.

12 team, 0.5 pt rec, 0.1 pt per rush, 5 pts per TD. General standard scoring otherwise. Can start 1-2 RBs

Gave Wheaton, 2.4 and 2.9

Got Forte

Needed some help at RB and have some depth at WR. Still have 1.4 and 1.8 picks in 1st round of rookie draft.

Not involved:

A gave up:

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

B gave up:

Harvin, Percy SEA WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

I play in TE premium leagues. There are only two TE's that I think you could say might get you Calvin straight up. Graham certainly, Gronk it depends on the owner. I don't see Eifert jumping into that group by next year. Even with Calvin getting a year older.

Not involved.

I'm the one that traded Vereen away. Kinda hated giving up next years 1st but C.J. has a better shot at being special and carrying more of the load. Not only that but I didnt like the idea of playing Belichick roulette on a weekly basis. Here are my RB's now after the trade:

C.J. Spiller

R. Rice

B. Pierce

F. Gore

M. Lattimore

K. Moreno

M. Ford

A. Bradshaw

B. Cunningham

It's not a special group but I should be able to field a starting lineup week to week.
Spiller's going to be 27 this year and has had exactly one big fantasy year. How his name continues to get held in the stratosphere that it does is beyond me.

12 team, 0.5 pt rec, 0.1 pt per rush, 5 pts per TD. General standard scoring otherwise. Can start 1-2 RBs

Got Forte

Needed some help at RB and have some depth at WR. Still have 1.4 and 1.8 picks in 1st round of rookie draft.
WTF??

This is horrific in a league with the lowest RB scoring

This is 0.5 PPR and 0.1 point per rush??

I might have to update my sig for new worst deal. I would do this deal if Forte tore both ACLs yesterday.

Got Forte

So you have 1.4 and 1.8 and your trade partner took a pair of mid-seconds and a WR that was drafted in the mis second of most rookie drafts last season? Good deal for you of course, but that dude is going to be the perennial weak link of the league it seems. Forte is getting up there in age for a RB but he has to command way more than three mid second rounders - especially when the guy he's dealing with has two first rounders available.

Got Forte

Nice deal

16 man dynasty w/contracts

PPR .5/.5/1.0

B gave up Johnson, Andre HOU WR;Jordan, Dion MIA DE; Year 2015 Round 5 Draft Pick from B
E gave up Year 2014 Draft Pick 4.09; $11 in blind bidding

A gave up Klein, A.J. CAR LB; Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.01
C gave up Kelce, Travis KCC TE (TS)

F gave up Morris, Alfred WAS RB;Foster, Mason TBB LB; Year 2014 Draft Pick 8.15
D gave up Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.15; $25 in blind bidding

A gave up Davis, Vernon SFO TE;Weatherspoon, Sean ATL LB; $2 in blind bidding
B gave up Alonso, Kiko BUF LB;Brown, Arthur BAL LB (TS)

D gave up Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR; Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.12
C gave up Blackmon, Justin JAC WR; Year 2014 Draft Pick 8.04

Roster size: 40
Taxi squad: 13
Total Starters: 16
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 1-3
Number of Starting WRs: 2-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-3
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting DT+DEs: 2-3
Number of Starting LBs: 2-3
Number of Starting CB+Ss: 2-3
Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players: 8

Got Forte

So you have 1.4 and 1.8 and your trade partner took a pair of mid-seconds and a WR that was drafted in the mis second of most rookie drafts last season? Good deal for you of course, but that dude is going to be the perennial weak link of the league it seems. Forte is getting up there in age for a RB but he has to command way more than three mid second rounders - especially when the guy he's dealing with has two first rounders available.
I will say that I was surprised that the owner (who is a commish) offered up this deal. Thing is his team is quite stacked...Brees, Charles, Doug Martin, Gio, Stacy, Demaryius, Torrey Smith, Decker, Bowe, Patterson and some other average players. Definitely not destined to be the weak link. Guess he figured with his depth at RB, he would take a chance on trading the oldest one and getting some youth in a deep draft. Swing for the fences long term, but I like the deal short term for me. Do worry about Forte's age and workload though. Hopefully this "worst deal ever" as noted by ghostguy works out better for me in 2014 than my 2013 "worst deal ever".

Last year I posted a deal that was blasted here as riduculously unfair in my favor (AJ Green for Antonio Brown, Gresham and Randle). Even made it to the supposed worst dynasty trade ever signature for a while. Obviously, Gresham and Randle were essentially useless (other owner got one fill in start from Randle when Murray got hurt) but Brown actually outscored Green by 2 points in our scoring last year. Sure you can argue that Green still has more long term value and more upside, but this board seems a little prone to overreaction and hyperbole some times, particularly in elevating certain players to God-like status. In retrospect, I find it hard to argue that the deal falls into possible worst trade ever status after seeing how well Brown did last year and his prospects for the future. Just an example of how easy it is to over and underestimate players based on name value/hype at times. My other deal in this league that netted me CJ Spiller surely did not work out as well as I hoped last year as well.

12 team Tiered PPR (.75/1.0/1.25) 1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/3FLEX

Team A trades:

Joique Bell

Jace Amaro

2015 2nd

Team B trades:

Tyler Eifert

2015 4th
I'd take the Bell/Amaro/2nd side by a good margin. Though I guess it is tough to tell what the picks are worth if there are devys taken.

Not involved.

C.J. Spiller

R. Rice

B. Pierce

F. Gore

M. Lattimore

K. Moreno

M. Ford

A. Bradshaw

B. Cunningham

Spiller's going to be 27 this year and has had exactly one big fantasy year. How his name continues to get held in the stratosphere that it does is beyond me.
Vereen and a future 1st isn't exactly a premium price...

That wouldn't get you near guys like Charles, McCoy, Bernard, Lacy, etc. so it seems pretty clear he isn't in the upper echelon anymore.

Not sure I see the problem here.

Keenan Allen

For

Jarrett Boykin

2015 1st

2015 2nd

(Likely 1.01 and 2.01)

Users who are viewing this thread