What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official '16-'17 NHL Season Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

5 shots on goal 3-1 Oilers

Lucic protecting McDavid goes after Enggelund after he hits McDavid 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oilers give up two shorthanded goals and its tied 3-3

McDavid gets one - 4-3

Also, none of these 4 goalies (Elliot, Talbot, Anderson, Andersen) have been any good. Elliot is the only one I expect to be good but maybe just very sheltered in STL.

Penalty shot for the Oil

And McDavid scores - came close to stopping

I feel bad for Matthews.  Poor dude just ratched up the hype machine in Toronto?  Good luck kid.
Overshadowed by Matthews was how good Nylander and Marner looked. Leafs look like they'll be a fun team to watch. They dominated possession and showed off tons of skill but also made some pretty big mistakes. I think they'll be an exciting/non playoff team.

got my canes v rangers tix down in Raleigh.  bringing cavalier ratchets up my hick value, so my ranger jersey won't stand oot.  I am forcing him to buy me pulled pork and to pull my pork. 

Bruins will have four rookies in the lineup tonight in 'Lumbus ... Heinen, Czarnik, Carlo and O'Gara. Over/under on when Clode's head explodes on the bench?

However, the Bruins actually have had some good success playing and developing young guys under Julien -- Bergeron (18), Lucic (19), Krejci (21), Marchand (21), Vatrano (21) all cracked the lineup at a young-ish age.

The interesting part, of course, is that these are the kinds of guys that didn't have a ton of hype coming in. The three guys the Bruins get ripped for giving away -- Kessel, Seguin and Hamilton -- all were top-10 picks.

These new young guys obviously fit the mold of the former, and there are a lot more coming in the next couple of years. It's going to be a very interesting time of transition. We'll see.

got my canes v rangers tix down in Raleigh.  bringing cavalier ratchets up my hick value, so my ranger jersey won't stand oot.  I am forcing him to buy me pulled pork and to pull my pork. 
I'll make sure I scratch my balls before I pull your pork, give it a little added flavor.

Went to Hawks home opener last night.  They looked bad for the last 15 minutes of the first until midway through the third.  Can't remember a time in the Toews era when the Hawks had less than 10 shots at any point in the third.

After watching Mika Zibanejan for two periods, im having a hard time understanding what the Senators were thinking. 

The Wild's first period started with a beauty off the post and then only missed opportunities. I liked the aggressive nature but the yield was sorely lacking. Especially puck control and/or offensive time. Power Play was very good.

Blues played very well after playing last night. Just bringing their game.

After watching Mika Zibanejan for two periods, im having a hard time understanding what the Senators were thinking. 
Brass will be a good fit for them, but I agree that he looks like a really nice addition. Win-win I think.

Thought Vesey played a great 40 minutes. I also really like Pirri. Need a strong 4th line again.

Anyone see AO try to drive a golf ball?  Would have expected him to be a more athletic golfer.

His swing's in Charles Barkley territory.

Brass will be a good fit for them, but I agree that he looks like a really nice addition. Win-win I think.

Thought Vesey played a great 40 minutes. I also really like Pirri. Need a strong 4th line again.
BTW I really came to these conclusions after only 20 minutes but my phone was charging.

This could get interesting. Bergeron misses the opener with a minor injury ... meanwhile Marchand (2-3-5), Backes (2-1-3) and Pastrnak (1-2-3) have combined for 11 points.

Marchy hasn't stopped since the World Cup.

This could get interesting. Bergeron misses the opener with a minor injury ... meanwhile Marchand (2-3-5), Backes (2-1-3) and Pastrnak (1-2-3) have combined for 11 points.

Marchy hasn't stopped since the World Cup.
Man, did Marchand look good tonight...he's taking things to another level...Backes seems to provide the grit that Loui didn't...looks like that could be a nice upgrade...hopefully Pasternak's performance is a sign of things to come...would like to see him make the jump from potential to legit...still, beyond skeptical of the D but was pleasantly surprised by the game tonight... 

If the Wild had a tiny bit less team speed and a tiny bit more team accuracy, I can see the new system and like it.

It's game one. Would be nice to steal something from the Blues.

Why Marchenko would pinch up with a one goal lead allowing a breakaway is mind-numbing . Too many penalties and piss poor mistakes not even giving Mrazek a chance. 

Man, did Marchand look good tonight...he's taking things to another level...Backes seems to provide the grit that Loui didn't...looks like that could be a nice upgrade...hopefully Pasternak's performance is a sign of things to come...would like to see him make the jump from potential to legit...still, beyond skeptical of the D but was pleasantly surprised by the game tonight... 
Columbus is so mundane and Torts must already be wearing on them.  Too bad the Bruins donated so much top talent recently.

Rangers looked the same, but no top talent like some other teams have and D looks creaky.  Isles looks like they have regressed.  

Users who are viewing this thread