What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official '16-'17 NHL Season Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki said:
they should go hard after Trouba, but not sure they have the ammo to get a deal done
Rumors swirl that the Rangers are contemplating a JT Miller-Dylan Mcilrath deal for Trouba. No idea who Trouba is but I think Miller is going to be real good so Trouba must be a stud for that package

1 2/3 games in and the Hawks are hot garbage. :X Can't run a PK and can't get shots on net. Was not expecting this at all.
Was expecting a slow start due to the number of new players but not that bad. Hopefully yesterday was a sign of things moving forward. 

Rumors swirl that the Rangers are contemplating a JT Miller-Dylan Mcilrath deal for Trouba. No idea who Trouba is but I think Miller is going to be real good so Trouba must be a stud for that package
I don't think there's much chance the Jets take that deal

Was expecting a slow start due to the number of new players but not that bad. Hopefully yesterday was a sign of things moving forward. 
Progress was made. First PK was so much better, aggressive on the points, no passive box no collapsing. 2nd had no chance since it was right off the draw. TOI was very well spaced across all forwards, Q's letting the kids play and coaching through it. I have been really impressed with the kids, especially Panik, Motte, Hartman, Forsling and Kempny. Rasmussen played very last night and think he's going to stick even when Hartman comes back. I don't think TVR is going to see the ice much going forward with the way Kempny and Forsling are playing...but it is early. I am excited about this team and this is what I was expecting to start the year. If they can get the PK fixed this team could be dangerous.

Progress was made. First PK was so much better, aggressive on the points, no passive box no collapsing. 2nd had no chance since it was right off the draw. TOI was very well spaced across all forwards, Q's letting the kids play and coaching through it. I have been really impressed with the kids, especially Panik, Motte, Hartman, Forsling and Kempny. Rasmussen played very last night and think he's going to stick even when Hartman comes back. I don't think TVR is going to see the ice much going forward with the way Kempny and Forsling are playing...but it is early. I am excited about this team and this is what I was expecting to start the year. If they can get the PK fixed this team could be dangerous.
Nicely said. I think Schmaltz will also be a player except he skates like Versteeg and that annoys me. 

Also agree TVR needs to up his game. Really like Forsling a lot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty funny that Sabres in year 2 of their rebuild seem to be light years ahead of the Oilers who are in like year 10 of having 1st pick every damned year.

Pretty funny that Sabres in year 2 of their rebuild seem to be light years ahead of the Oilers who are in like year 10 of having 1st pick every damned year.
Such a shame that McDavid will be wasted with that franchise. 

Assuming he stays healthy (big if), I have a pretty good feeling about Lehner this year. 

4pt night for O'Reilly. Okposo scored on his first shift. 3pts for Risto. 

Pretty nice day for Buffalo sports

Northern Voice said:
to be fair, this is about year 4 of the rebuild from when they really started cleaning house

Kasperi Kapanen (Leafs) AHL Player of the Week

Jeremy Bracco (Leafs) OHL Player of the Week

Autson Matthews (Leafs) NHL 2nd Star of the Week.

...Matthews is actually the youngest of the three.

ETA: Bracco, along with Travis Dermott and Martins Dzierkals is what the Leafs turned the 24th overall pick (Konecny) into by trading down twice. 

The lightning have scored 9 goals by 8 different players in the first 2 games.

:bowtie:
To be fair, one of those games was against Detroit. 

I am going to the home opener this year, probably only because its the final one at Joe Louis Arena.  I used to be a season-ticket holder and gave that up years ago.  I do have to say I am tired of the last few years of sneaking into the playoffs to get pummelled .  This team is loaded with 3rd and 4th line guys, most of them veterans.  Just let the young guys play in those roles.  Guys like Abdelkader, Helm, Tatar, etc etc just don't seem to ever get any better and yet they get rewarded with extensions. The other day, the one guy they have worth a damn was playing on a line with Riley Sheahan and Justin Abdelkader.  The defense isn't very good either. Goaltending is average.  A GD boring hockey team if there ever was one.  This is the year the playoff streak ends.

Avs fall down 2-0 to Penguins 10 minutes into 1st period - score after 1 period - Pens 2 Avs 2 - Iginla with goal 612 and Former DU Pioneer Patrick Weircioch with the Avs goals. So far early in the season former Pioneers have 4 goals and 2 assists - Go Pioneers.

AVALANCHE!!!!!!!

Win in OT 4-3

Landeskog with GW - his 2nd of the night

ffldrew said:
AVALANCHE!!!!!!!

Win in OT 4-3

Landeskog with GW - his 2nd of the night
This was a great game. That 3rd period 4 on 3 Avs advantage action was just off the hook amazing. 

I'll be tuned into the Kings at Wild tonight.  Not sure what to expect from either team but both are coming off a long break so both teams should be rested.

Hope to hear a lot of Prince during the game.

Free Predators  hockey tonight with my son. Tickets donated to a mom of one of the kids in his boy scout troop.

Avs go down 3-0 - just out of gas. Still have Tampa and Panthers to go on this killer road trip. Hopefully the day off and some Florida sun rejuvenates them.

Out of gas? It's the second week of the season.
They played a tough OT game against the Stanley Cup Champions the night before coming back from a 2-0 deficit and then a 3-2 deficit. Then the next night they get the Caps - President Trophy winners. Let me know when the Blues get that back to back at any point in the season

Pretty controversial shootout goal by Trocheck for Florida. Puck slid off his stick and his whiffed on his shot, but on review they rule that the puck still was moving forward and he regathered and shot it past Bishop, who was out of position. The Lightning already were down the tunnel, thinking they had won.

Pretty controversial shootout goal by Trocheck for Florida. Puck slid off his stick and his whiffed on his shot, but on review they rule that the puck still was moving forward and he regathered and shot it past Bishop, who was out of position. The Lightning already were down the tunnel, thinking they had won.
No way that should have counted. Also, Reinhart got smoked on the corner on Monahan's game winner in OT for Calgary tonight, should have been a penalty. Buffalo never touched the puck again, Monahan got the winner after a couple passes. 

Unrelated. Ivan Provorov was -5 tonight  :hangover:

Totally ridiculous, wtf were they thinking 

No way that should have counted. Also, Reinhart got smoked on the corner on Monahan's game winner in OT for Calgary tonight, should have been a penalty. Buffalo never touched the puck again, Monahan got the winner after a couple passes.
not sure how they lost that game. Tkachuck looks pretty good though.

seems to be an infusion of young scoring talent, making for some exciting games.  no more devil 2-1 slogfests (oh wait).

I've said it the past few seasons but I think THIS is the season that Chris Kreider puts it together to be one of the top players in the league. Such a great combination of size, speed and strength. Hopefully he stays consistent now that it seems like some of the immaturity of the past is behind him.

I've said it the past few seasons but I think THIS is the season that Chris Kreider puts it together to be one of the top players in the league. Such a great combination of size, speed and strength. Hopefully he stays consistent now that it seems like some of the immaturity of the past is behind him.
Doubt it but I've been wrong before.

I don't think he will ever be in a discussion with Kane, Toewes or Stamkos. Probably not even Gudreu or Matthews (probably not a great example since he is awesome already). But, he will solidify himself as a top 6 guy who could play on most teams first lines. He can be that good. He has yet to show the consistency like you said. If he can, that line will be a terror all year. Only problem is that it is already dinged up with Buuch having back spasms. 

The other great thing ive been reading is that any scout who has watched Vessey says the Rangers hit a grand slam with that signing. This was so important with all the traded picks and Duclair. 

The offense should be a lot of fun to watch. The defense makes me want to  :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread