What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official '16-'17 NHL Season Discussion Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Not a lot of attention is being paid to Mitch Marner--the #4 pick in the 2015 draft.  Thoughts?  Same level as Auston Matthews or a step down?

Wings with two decent games after laying turds in florida.

Rumor was the la kings were watching jimmy howard last night. They got a dman that makes sense to trade? Maybe just a pick for jimmy??

Bergeron expected back for the Bruins home opener tonight after missing the first three games with some sort of ankle issue.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Wings with two decent games after laying turds in florida.

Rumor was the la kings were watching jimmy howard last night. They got a dman that makes sense to trade? Maybe just a pick for jimmy??
Howard has 2 more years on his contract after this one. He's not going to be easy to move, but he looked awesome last night.

Just reporting what i heard on radio. La backup goalie any good? Maybe quick is on the long term shelf? 
Quick is out indefinitely, but what do they do in 2017-2018 if they have Quick and Howard counting for $12MM against the cap?

Their backup goalies aren't anything special, so I think they are almost certainly going to try and grab someone. Don't think they want to take on the term that Howard's contract brings though.

Quick is out indefinitely, but what do they do in 2017-2018 if they have Quick and Howard counting for $12MM against the cap?

Their backup goalies aren't anything special, so I think they are almost certainly going to try and grab someone. Don't think they want to take on the term that Howard's contract brings though.
only way LA can make Howard fit is if Detroit takes one of those awful Gaborik or Brown deals.  Holland is a dummy though so who knows, maybe he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pregame ceremony with Bobby Orr wheeling Milt Schmidt (98 years young!) onto the Garden ice ... a celebration of 50 years and 80 years of Bruins greatness.

Tough night at the office for Ben Bishop as Avs win 4-0 vs. TB - Duchene opens his goal scoring bank account for the season depositing 2 goals tonight.

yeah. was going to be pretty upset if they didn't overturn the call.
Very strange. Initial play wasn't challengeable but was reviewable by Toronto but was it going to be reviewed if Buffalo didn't buy time by challenging even though you couldn't challenge? And then based on the review it had to be overturned and called a goal in terms of how it went in the net. BUT then when Vancouver challenged the overturned ruling that it was a goal, saying there was goalie interference, there was definitely some there but I guess he wouldn't have stopped it anyway, so it stays a good goal?

Anyone reading that sentence who didn't see the play =  :loco: :hangover:

Very strange. Initial play wasn't challengeable but was reviewable by Toronto but was it going to be reviewed if Buffalo didn't buy time by challenging even though you couldn't challenge? And then based on the review it had to be overturned and called a goal in terms of how it went in the net. BUT then when Vancouver challenged the overturned ruling that it was a goal, saying there was goalie interference, there was definitely some there but I guess he wouldn't have stopped it anyway, so it stays a good goal?

Anyone reading that sentence who didn't see the play =  :loco: :hangover:
seemed like an obvious goal and bad call by the ref. Deslauriers swiped at it with his arm/body but missed it, and then it bounced off two Canucks players before going in. Markstrom had no chance on the play given his position so the incidental contact didn't seem relevant to me. Glad that was a quick review, b/c the Toronto one took way too long.

:shrug:

Marc Bergevin took a ton of heat in the offseason but the Habs look pretty good. Price back now and he alone makes them a playoff team and a scary one to face. It maybe a more stable defensive system with Weber in for Subban. Development of Sergachev and Beaulieu will come a long way in determining how good the back end is.

The 2nd line has been really really good with the additions of Lehkonen and Radulov to play with Plekanec and it looks like they're finally fully committing to Galchenyuk centering the top line with Pacioretty/Gallagher and pushing Desharnais down to the third line where he belongs (and where they also added Andrew Shaw).

Groin epidemic in LA, Zatkoff hobbles off the practice ice with a groin injury. 

And because of the emergency goalie callup for the Kings, it causes the Ontario Reign (LA farm team) to have their goalie coach be the backup goalie for his son, who is their starter. 

Groin epidemic in LA, Zatkoff hobbles off the practice ice with a groin injury. 

And because of the emergency goalie callup for the Kings, it causes the Ontario Reign (LA farm team) to have their goalie coach be the backup goalie for his son, who is their starter. 
As long as  Budaj starts and wins tonight, I will be happy.

@RUSF18 @jamny and anyone else who might want to chime in

I'm going to the game tonight. Which new jersey should I get

_____ Zibanejad

_____ Vesey 

_____ Buchnevich 

I'm leaning towards Zibanejad 

Users who are viewing this thread