What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2010 Philadelphia Eagles Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Hmmm Sal Pal just reported that the Eagles had Dexter McCluster targeted with this pick and were shocked that he was selected right before them. Anyone care to expand on this? Makes me a little :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they wanted McCluster, but I'm thrilled with the two picks. Both on young, impact-making defensive players at positions of need.

Graham ugrades the DL

Bradley back upgrades the LBs

Allen upgrades the DBs

An already young + good defense is going to be better this year.

Good pick, athletic safety to make plays. I was worried about hearing Jimmy Claussen based on what DH was saying but thankfully he wasn't called

I'm just glad we did something to help our secondary... Still concerned over Dallas taking Dez Bryant... I really hate Dallas

Hmmm Sal Pal just reported that the Eagles had Dexter McCluster targeted with this pick and were shocked that he was selected right before them. Anyone care to expand on this? Makes me a little :)
They said they liked him.... Philly would have taken him at 55 (which would've been very interesting for lineup / formation decisions). I doubt 37 was earmarked for McCluster. The Eagles were surprised he went at 36 - doesn't quite mean they were going to pick him at 37.Doesn't matter now though.

Houston picked up a third to drop back. I wonder if we can do the same. It still looks like all three QBs will be available at 55.

If they do take a QB, I have to imagine 59 would be the pick... Not sure if Skelton or Pike will be around by 4th round.

... For the record, I would still like to see a DB or LB get added at 59.

I think sometimes the birds and teams like pats get too cute with all the trades, why not take a higher ranked player that can help. Listening to the radio today nfl scout brings up pats are always making all these trades and then in middle of year have to bring in junior seau every year b/c they lack depth as example

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone praising moving down for two extra 5ths?

But nothing can disappoint me after selecting Nate Allen :thumbup:

I've said for ages that I wanted them to grab him in the 2nd and then when DH talked about the QBs, my heart was broken. Then I worried we would royally screw it up by taking Mays. But on my way home I heard the call and unbelievably giddy. Awesome pick. He should be an impact starter by mid-year.

Why is everyone praising moving down for two extra 5ths? But nothing can disappoint me after selecting Nate Allen :no: I've said for ages that I wanted them to grab him in the 2nd and then when DH talked about the QBs, my heart was broken. Then I worried we would royally screw it up by taking Mays. But on my way home I heard the call and unbelievably giddy. Awesome pick. He should be an impact starter by mid-year.
I look at it this way.... If they are set on a QB, they didn't waste the 55 pick, and instead added 1 3rd rd, 1 4th rd, and 2 5th round draft spots.... I have to believe that Reid knows who he wants and that he can wait until he is ready.

Getting too cute with the wheeling and dealing. Make a pick.

Watch some of these picks becoming Day 3 2011 selections. That does nothing. The "value" is being wasted.

Users who are viewing this thread