What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2012 Buffalo Bills Thread*** (1 Viewer)

'flysack said:
I was worried Pettine would try to change to a 3-4 (again), but this sounds encouraging -

John Murphy interviewed Pettine, and noted that he has run the 3-4 base defense under Rex Ryan - most recently as the defensive coordinator of the New York Jets. Murphy asked Pettine if that was the base defense he was bringing with him to Buffalo."It's not," Pettine said. "It's a situation where I think people try to compartmentalize too much, and just broad stroke it. 4-3? 3-4? What are you? And I answer that question with 'yes - all of the above.' That's what we are - we are a multiple-front, attacking, pressure-style defense. We're going to play man coverage, we're going to play zone coverage."Pettine also made sure to point out that the defense will be built to maximize the talent of the players on hand, specifically pointing out the high-priced talent along the defensive line in doing so."What we're going to do defensively is we're going to take advantage of what our players do well," Pettine said. "I'm not bringing any defense here; this is going to be the Buffalo Bills defense. It's going to be built around the explosive athletes that are here, starting with the front - that's the solid foundation here - moving to the linebackers and the secondary that's stacked behind them.
That's what I love to hear and kind of expected. I want guys that can be flexible and use the talents of their players rather than force a system. I especially like that because it shows that they can adapt each week to counter an opponent's strengths and weaknesses.And even though Pettine has been with the Jets running the 3-4, I believe when he was with the Ravens they ran the 4-3.

Starting to feel better and better about this Marone hire, but that also comes with the hope for best/expect the worst feeling most Bills fans have come to accept.Anyone check out the message boards on buffalobills.com? Yikes. At least good for some LOL's :lmao: :bag: :rolleyes:

I don't care how bitter and petty it makes me, I was cackling like a witch everytime Donte Whitner was beaten for a big play last night. I was cackling a lot last night. Dude was the single biggest goat for the Niners last night by far. Before the game I was saying that all the Ravens needed to do was force Whitner into coverage and then throw deep on him. And they did. Over and over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread