What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2012 Milwaukee Brewers Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Well a sweep of the Pirates sure helps...but not when the Cards sweep as well.
No real surprise with the Cards playing Houston and then the Scrubs. We'll get our shot at Houston. Just need to complete this road trip without losing any ground to the Cards.Yeah, it's going to be tough @WAS and @CIN while they're both fighting for home field. It sucks to say but a 7-3 road trip might not be good enough.

No real surprise with the Cards playing Houston and then the Scrubs. We'll get our shot at Houston. Just need to complete this road trip without losing any ground to the Cards.
Yeah, it's going to be tough @WAS and @CIN while they're both fighting for home field. It sucks to say but a 7-3 road trip might not be good enough.7-3 imo won't be good enough. Not even sure 8-2 will be. It all depends on what St. Louis does. Regardless of how they finish this road trip I think they need to get to the final homestand no worse than where they are now at 2-2.5 games out. Then take your chances on sweeping the homestand and after that they've done their best. St. Louis has 3 against the Cubs, 3 against Houston again, and then finish with 3 against the Nationals and the Reds. I'll take my chances on making up 2 games in the last 6 games. The key is not to lose any ground in the next 7 road games.

No real surprise with the Cards playing Houston and then the Scrubs. We'll get our shot at Houston. Just need to complete this road trip without losing any ground to the Cards.
Yeah, it's going to be tough @WAS and @CIN while they're both fighting for home field. It sucks to say but a 7-3 road trip might not be good enough.7-3 imo won't be good enough. Not even sure 8-2 will be. It all depends on what St. Louis does. Regardless of how they finish this road trip I think they need to get to the final homestand no worse than where they are now at 2-2.5 games out. Then take your chances on sweeping the homestand and after that they've done their best. St. Louis has 3 against the Cubs, 3 against Houston again, and then finish with 3 against the Nationals and the Reds. I'll take my chances on making up 2 games in the last 6 games. The key is not to lose any ground in the next 7 road games.Yup. Normally we'd be ecstatic at a 7-3 road trip. Here's to being a Cubs fan this week :bag:

Yeah, it's going to be tough @WAS and @CIN while they're both fighting for home field. It sucks to say but a 7-3 road trip might not be good enough.
7-3 imo won't be good enough. Not even sure 8-2 will be. It all depends on what St. Louis does. Regardless of how they finish this road trip I think they need to get to the final homestand no worse than where they are now at 2-2.5 games out. Then take your chances on sweeping the homestand and after that they've done their best. St. Louis has 3 against the Cubs, 3 against Houston again, and then finish with 3 against the Nationals and the Reds. I'll take my chances on making up 2 games in the last 6 games. The key is not to lose any ground in the next 7 road games.Yup. Normally we'd be ecstatic at a 7-3 road trip. Here's to being a Cubs fan this week :bag: We do have the St. Louis - Cubs rivalry going for us if that means anything. And then there's Dale Sveum. We have to hope Cincinnati and Washington still put out their best lineup in the final week.But who woulda thunk it.

Holy ####. From Haudricourt - To put Brewers victory tonight into proper perspective, consider this statistic: They had been 1-55 when trailing after 8 innings in 2012.

Could someone weigh in here?

Where would the Brewers be right now with Greinke here instead of Segura?

Also, how are the prospects from that trade doing so far overall?

Did the Brewers win that trade, lose it, too close to call?

Could someone weigh in here?Where would the Brewers be right now with Greinke here instead of Segura?Also, how are the prospects from that trade doing so far overall?Did the Brewers win that trade, lose it, too close to call?
I'm not sure how the prospects acquired for Grienke are doing other than Segura. But I don't think there is a single Brewer fan that can complain about them trading Grienke at the time. Nobody saw this run coming. While it looks like Fiers is tiring some late in the season and it would be nice to have Grienke in the rotation, Segura has stabilized the infield defense and has been adequate offensively. We have to keep in mind that prior to the trade he had I believe the total of 1 major league at bat. He was playing AA ball. With him the Brewers will have the SS position covered for years to come.I think it's too early to tell on the trade. They were going to lose Grienke anyway and at the time they weren't going anywhere so anything they got for him was bonus. So in that regards they won the trade.

Could someone weigh in here?

Where would the Brewers be right now with Greinke here instead of Segura?

Also, how are the prospects from that trade doing so far overall?

Did the Brewers win that trade, lose it, too close to call?
I'm not sure how the prospects acquired for Grienke are doing other than Segura. But I don't think there is a single Brewer fan that can complain about them trading Grienke at the time. Nobody saw this run coming. While it looks like Fiers is tiring some late in the season and it would be nice to have Grienke in the rotation, Segura has stabilized the infield defense and has been adequate offensively. We have to keep in mind that prior to the trade he had I believe the total of 1 major league at bat. He was playing AA ball. With him the Brewers will have the SS position covered for years to come.I think it's too early to tell on the trade. They were going to lose Grienke anyway and at the time they weren't going anywhere so anything they got for him was bonus. So in that regards they won the trade.

:goodposting: It's tough to say. Grienke would surely be nice to have in the rotation but without Segura, you probably don't let Izturis go and he's your starting SS. Or the likes of Bianchi/Maysonet :X

Segura struggled at the plate early but he's really added some stability to the bottom of the lineup during this recent run not to mention his fantastic defense. Alex Gonzalez will probably be let go after this year because his option required 525 plate appearances. That will save them $4M next year.

The jury is still out on the other two guys. They only pitched in 7 games each in AA where one was relatively decent and the other not so much.

OK we got our stinker out of the way now let's play great ball the rest of the way.

Cubs/Cards tied in the 10th as I type this. C'mon Cubbies.

Well, it was a run.

They have to go 8-0 while the Cards go 3-4. It's possible, but unlikely.

Gotta like that some of these kids young got to play in some big games. It will be interesting to see what Melvin does this offseason.

Users who are viewing this thread