What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2014 WORLD SERIES THREAD: KC vs. SF*** (2 Viewers)

Was there any player happier than Blanco to see that last pop out??

After his error then it getting booted again against the wall I thought for a second that Gordon was going to try and score. What an awesome play that would have been. Either tie the score in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out, or get cut down at the plate to end the World series.

I'm ####### depressed. One guy basically destroyed us. It hurts. Bad.
you got dominated by like the 8th best pitcher in baseball. Stupid sport
Looked up his numbers today and was shocked. They're very good but not exactly Kershaw.
It is hard to explain why Kershaw is 1-5 with a 5.12 ERA in 51 post season innings. Does not make sense. Put together any 51 inning span of his career and they won`t come close to being that bad.

After his error then it getting booted again against the wall I thought for a second that Gordon was going to try and score. What an awesome play that would have been. Either tie the score in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out, or get cut down at the plate to end the World series.
I'm with those who say f it and try to score. Better chance that someone would flub the throw or catch than Mr. Bum giving up another hit.

I'm with those who say f it and try to score. Better chance that someone would flub the throw or catch than Mr. Bum giving up another hit.
I was hoping they'd send him. I think everyone would have understood even if it failed.

So did Bum win 6 games and get a save in this post season? 1 in the wild card game, 1 against the Nats, 2 against the Cards, 2 against the Royals. Is this right?

I was hoping they'd send him. I think everyone would have understood even if it failed.
Someone diagramed this on Twitter. Crawford had the ball before Gordon even hit third base. Would have required a keystone cops-esque relay effort to get him home safely.

What an honor it must have been for Madison Bumgarner, after one of the great performances in the history of the World Series, to receive a new truck from Chevy REGIONAL ZONE MANAGER Rikk Wilde! With two Ks!

Wildes performance did not quite capture the poise and composure of Bumgarner as he nervously fought his way through his presentation. He even captured the spirit of American manufacturing by saying the Chevy Colorado (apparently theyre naming cars after states now) had technology and stuff.

If you want an extra laugh, watch Bud Seligs mannerisms in the video below.
http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/chevy-guy-stole-show-world-series-trophy-presentation.html

Selig's face in this video will be the birth of a thousand memes.
I thought Rikk from GM was going to have a cardiac arrest before the presentation was over, the poor guy was gasping for breath by the end.

https://twitter.com/Dalvarez38/status/527675038884184064/photo/1
:goodposting:

Someone diagramed this on Twitter. Crawford had the ball before Gordon even hit third base. Would have required a keystone cops-esque relay effort to get him home safely.
Probably true but a play at the plate that either ended the Series or sent it into extra innings would have awesome

Gordon started to jog to first base like it was going to be a routine single. If he went full speed as soon as the ball left the bat, I bet it would have been a really close play at the plate.

Yeah, Gordon likely wouldn't have made it. But it's either keystone cops play or take your chances against Bumgarner. As a fan, I'd like to see the former.

Crawford has a cannon, too. He made a throw home earlier in the series on a similar play from a similar spot but had no chance in hell to get the guy at home. Made a perfect throw and it actually looked close.

Hate to say it since the play at the plate would have been epic, but it sure looks like anything other than a terrible throw and Gordon would have been out by quite a bit. Probably better to take your chances with Perez, even with those low odds.

Gordon started to jog to first base like it was going to be a routine single. If he went full speed as soon as the ball left the bat, I bet it would have been a really close play at the plate.
Hunter Pence would have been running out of the batters box like his hair was on fire.

Hunter Pence would have been running out of the batters box like his hair was on fire.
That's why he's a world champion and Gordon isn't. #take
When the "plays the game they way it was meant to be played" contingent thinks of Hunter Pence, do they just get boners or does it escalate all the way to completion?

Last edited by a moderator:
When the "plays the game they way it was meant to be played" contingent thinks of Hunter Pence, do they just get boners or does it escalate all the way to completion?
He plays full speed all the time which is sometimes to his detriment. His approach at the plate as well as the physical aspects of his swing and throwing motion aren't from any instruction manual. But for me the most amazing thing is that for as hard and awkwardly as he does just about everything, he doesn't spend time on the DL. He plays baseball like a football player; usually guys like that miss games when they lose arguments with the wall or pull something when running out a 6-3 grounder. Pence has been a constant in the lineup which is huge for a team with as little OF depth as the Giants.

He plays full speed all the time which is sometimes to his detriment. His approach at the plate as well as the physical aspects of his swing and throwing motion aren't from any instruction manual. But for me the most amazing thing is that for as hard and awkwardly as he does just about everything, he doesn't spend time on the DL. He plays baseball like a football player; usually guys like that miss games when they lose arguments with the wall or pull something when running out a 6-3 grounder. Pence has been a constant in the lineup which is huge for a team with as little OF depth as the Giants.
What I'll remember about him from this postseason is how well he fought off 0-2 counts. It seemed like 0-2 was his trigger to hit a ground-ball single to left. Couldn't get him to chase and miss a bad pitch.

Bruce Dickinson said:
Eephus said:
Bruce Dickinson said:
Premier said:
Eephus said:
tjnc09 said:
What I'll remember about him from this postseason is how well he fought off 0-2 counts. It seemed like 0-2 was his trigger to hit a ground-ball single to left. Couldn't get him to chase and miss a bad pitch.
They mentioned his BA this postseason when he had two strikes on him. Someone could correct the actual numbers but it was a BA over .500. I want to say it was 9 for 16.

Eephus said:
Bruce Dickinson said:
Premier said:
Eephus said:
tjnc09 said:
I never liked Pence that much until this series. The guy is fun to watch regardless of what he does.

Found this vid on Hunters baseball school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eephus said:
Bruce Dickinson said:
Premier said:
Eephus said:
tjnc09 said:
I never liked Pence that much until this series. The guy is fun to watch regardless of what he does.

:lmao:

Eephus said:
tjnc09 said:
A lot of athletes could have decided to take it easy this season after signing an extension like Pence, but he just isn't that type of guy to do that.

Eephus said:
Bruce Dickinson said:
Premier said:
Eephus said:
tjnc09 said:

The Hunter Pence Scouting Report is one of my favorite baseball things on the internets.

pantagrapher said:
Alonzo Mosely said:
bryhamm said:
So did Bum win 6 games and get a save in this post season? 1 in the wild card game, 1 against the Nats, 2 against the Cards, 2 against the Royals. Is this right?
I don't think he got a decision against the Nats.
Also, scoring change awarded yesterday's win to Affeldt.
That's why I had 2 listed against the royals and mentioned the save.

Users who are viewing this thread