What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (2 Viewers)

I have paid for my kids college betting fsu 1st half unders this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having fun so far!
Admit Oregon would kick UCLA's ###.
They already have.
I hope you get your wish.
They played last month, Oregon won 42 - 30 :confused:
Oregon will win again, what's your point?
His point was, they played last month, Oregon won 42 - 30.
Ending a sentence with a question mark is not making a point.

I'm not going to get in little ifights about stupid ####. Oregon plays UCLA again, Oregon destroys them. Any follow up questions about that?

Having fun so far!
Admit Oregon would kick UCLA's ###.
They already have.
I hope you get your wish.
They played last month, Oregon won 42 - 30 :confused:
Oregon will win again, what's your point?
His point was, they played last month, Oregon won 42 - 30.
Ending a sentence with a question mark is not making a point.

I'm not going to get in little ifights about stupid ####. Oregon plays UCLA again, Oregon destroys them. Any follow up questions about that?
Pretty sure there's no ifight going on here. From your earlier typing, it was not clear that you knew Oregon beat UCLA already, otherwise you would have said something like "and they'll beat them again" instead of "I hope you get your wish". And you were the one who ended your "point" in a question mark, I used an emoticon.

Just got home. My daughter had a great time, and it was pretty special having her there. A wonderful day.

UCLA played very well. I continue to believe that if they can take care of business against Stanford, and then find a way to defeat Oregon (no Seahawk, I don't think UCLA is a better team than Oregon, but I do think UCLA is good enough to beat Oregon on one occasion, every once in a while and hopefully this will be the one) then UCLA will be in the final four, playing in the Rose Bowl against Alabama, Florida State or whoever. Obviously that's a long away dream right now, but tonight was a step in the right direction.

Good night everyone.

Kinda hard to disagree with you there timbo. If UCLA wins out I'd throw them in if they do. Certainly beats the hell out of some crap SEC team that couldn't even win the conference.

Seriously guys. Mizzou is like the best team in the SEC since they joined. Part of their stadium is just grass that people sit on. Reminds me of my high school stadium.

Take away the playoffs, and take away the BCS Championship. If the season came to an end and you just had to crown a champion based on the season. Who do you crown?

Kinda hard to disagree with you there timbo. If UCLA wins out I'd throw them in if they do. Certainly beats the hell out of some crap SEC team that couldn't even win the conference.

Seriously guys. Mizzou is like the best team in the SEC since they joined. Part of their stadium is just grass that people sit on. Reminds me of my high school stadium.
Mizzou hasn't beaten anyone of note from the SEC West in their two years...beneficiary of scheduling.

If they beat Arky, I'll be impressed.

Is Pelini getting the axe? There could be 3 big jobs open.
I believe so. Probably after the Iowa game on Friday. It's crazy how bad they have been outcoached. So painfully obvious watching Minnesota.

:lmao:

Is Pelini getting the axe? There could be 3 big jobs open.
I believe so. Probably after the Iowa game on Friday. It's crazy how bad they have been outcoached. So painfully obvious watching Minnesota.
If NU can get a jump on Michigan, could help.
I would hope both schools had a "short list" before the start of the year. Not sure how much the lists overlap. I see Harbaugh mentioned for Michigan, but he would have no reason to come to Nebraska. Lots a names being thrown around right now. Many unrealistic. .

I wish college football would just get rid of this dumb playoff. It has been horrible for the sport.
Must be shtick, right? Ratings are through the roof. There hasn't been this much attention paid to college football in modern times . I'm pretty sure the school ads are kicking themselves and saying why didn't we do this sooner?

Wait. Just because I'm pushing the Bruins doesn't mean I'm joining this SEC is overrated bandwagon. The SEC teams are pretty damn awesome.

I don't want Mississippi State in anymore. At this point I think Baylor deserves it.

FSU has the hardest game on their schedule coming up. Obviously they will be in if they win despite how lucky they are.

I'm still holding out hope for Ohio State but I think they will get left out.

I was surprised by that Arkansas /Ole Miss score, but not at all surprised at how well Arkansas is playing. Even watching them early this season you could tell how much better they were getting, how much more physical they were.

Quite the turnaround . I'm sure there are lots of worthy candidates but that Arkansas coach should be considered for Coach of the Yeae.

I was surprised by that Arkansas /Ole Miss score, but not at all surprised at how well Arkansas is playing. Even watching them early this season you could tell how much better they were getting, how much more physical they were.

Quite the turnaround . I'm sure there are lots of worthy candidates but that Arkansas coach should be considered for Coach of the Yeae.
Yes. A man that took 2 years to win his first conference game deserves coach of the year after a 6 or 7 win season...

Yes. A man that took 2 years to win his first conference game deserves coach of the year after a 6 or 7 win season...
i don't pay attention to that. I watched the Razorbacks a few times last year and a few times this year. The changes are phenomenal, and it seems to be basically the same group of players. That says great coaching to me...

Moe. said:
So your high school stadium has a 71,000 seat capacity, too? Wow, your school must really be a big deal!

i don't pay attention to that. I watched the Razorbacks a few times last year and a few times this year. The changes are phenomenal, and it seems to be basically the same group of players. That says great coaching to me...
Well you need to put credence in the actual results on the field for an award like that.

Doesn't help that I think bielma is a POS either.

I don't know much about him. Lots of real jerks are pretty good coaches though. Look at Petrino.

Bielma seemed to win at Wisconsin and now he's doing the same at Arkansas. And not through gimmicks, but through good old fashioned smash mouth physical football.

Why is last year relevant?

After getting rolled by Auburn to start the season and being so close to beating 2 SEC sweethearts back-to-back they could have gone in the tank after losing to UGA and MSU but they had a bye and then thumped LSU and Ole Miss by a combined score of 47-0. That's some pretty good coaching IMO. If they put in a respectable performance against Mizzou he certainly deserves consideration.

Why is last year relevant?After getting rolled by Auburn to start the season and being so close to beating 2 SEC sweethearts back-to-back they could have gone in the tank after losing to UGA and MSU but they had a bye and then thumped LSU and Ole Miss by a combined score of 47-0. That's some pretty good coaching IMO. If they put in a respectable performance against Mizzou he certainly deserves consideration.
Actually I think that Coach of the Year should be one award where last year IS relevant.

Well you need to put credence in the actual results on the field for an award like that.

Doesn't help that I think bielma is a POS either.
Like 47-0 in back to back weeks against LSU and Ole Miss in what could have been a lost season?

I get that we live in a results oriented world. But if that's all they considered the award would just be given to the coach who won the conference.

Well you need to put credence in the actual results on the field for an award like that.Doesn't help that I think bielma is a POS either.
Like 47-0 in back to back weeks against LSU and Ole Miss in what could have been a lost season?I get that we live in a results oriented world. But if that's all they considered the award would just be given to the coach who won the conference.
Hey if it was called Coach of the Last 4 games of the year i would have no qualms. Arkansas has played very well the last 2 weeks.

But this is like saying Tony Sparano should be Nfl coach of the year if the Raiders finish 6-10.

Not enough consistency to be in that sort of talk.

Well you need to put credence in the actual results on the field for an award like that.Doesn't help that I think bielma is a POS either.
Like 47-0 in back to back weeks against LSU and Ole Miss in what could have been a lost season?I get that we live in a results oriented world. But if that's all they considered the award would just be given to the coach who won the conference.
Hey if it was called Coach of the Last 4 games of the year i would have no qualms. Arkansas has played very well the last 2 weeks.

But this is like saying Tony Sparano should be Nfl coach of the year if the Raiders finish 6-10.

Not enough consistency to be in that sort of talk.
If Sparano gets the Raiders to 6 wins he deserves coach of the decade.

You're being too myopic. It's not just about wins and losses. IMO, the 2 losses to Bama and Tamu would be very important factors in why he deserves consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread