What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2016 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread*** (2 Viewers)

This has to be a record year for 18/19 year olds right? Haven't seen a full list yet but, who am I missing here...?

ANH - Larsson

ARZ - Strome, Crouse, Chychrun

BUF - (Eichel)

CAR - Aho, (Hanifin)

CBJ - Werenski, Wennberg, Dubois - cap stuff here, Wennberg was sent down but expected to be on opening night lineup, Dubois likely to QMJHL

CGY - Tkachuk

COL - Rantanen

EDM - Puljajarvi, (McDavid)

MTL - Sergachev

NYI - Beauvillier, Barzal

NJ - Zacha, Speers

OTT - Chabot

PHI - Provorov, Konecny

PIT - Sprong

SJ - Meier

TOR - Matthews, Marner

WPG - Laine, Connor

This has to be a record year for 18/19 year olds right? Haven't seen a full list yet but, who am I missing here...?

ANH - Larsson

ARZ - Strome, Crouse, Chychrun

BUF - (Eichel)

CAR - Aho, (Hanifin)

CBJ - Werenski, Wennberg, Dubois - cap stuff here, Wennberg was sent down but expected to be on opening night lineup, Dubois likely to QMJHL

CGY - Tkachuk

COL - Rantanen

EDM - Puljajarvi, (McDavid)

MTL - Sergachev

NYI - Beauvillier, Barzal

NJ - Zacha, Speers

OTT - Chabot

PHI - Provorov, Konecny

PIT - Sprong

SJ - Meier

TOR - Matthews, Marner

WPG - Laine, Connor
yes, does seem like a lot more than usual 

I thought it might happen last year but looks pretty likely the Kings take a step back now.  That organization is very thin and the current roster is mediocre.  If anything in the Pacific can step up I think they miss playoffs

From a KHL reporter, Nichuskin has been sent to the KHL minor league:

Team is not happy with Nichuskin's performance, coach went after him, hearing team is considering releasing him from his contract.Oct 11, 2016, 6:20 PMhttps://mobile.twitter.com/A_Kalnins/status/785968394965090304

#CSKA Moscow have assigned Valeri Nichuskin to Zvezda Chekov of the VHL.Oct 11, 2016, 6:18 PMhttps://mobile.twitter.com/A_Kalnins/status/785967950612135937
wow

guy should have had it made on the Stars too. KHL minor league :lmao:

ffldrew said:
I did - they didn't have much. Some decent puck possession - Corsi numbers must have been off the charts. But there are no snipers and finishers stepping up. Trevor Moore and Heinen were just that -
Forgot to mention that Heinen is going to make the Bruins out of camp. Unfortunately it looks like he'll be on the fourth line behind J. Hayes and Riley Nash, which is kind of dumb. 

How is there not an official season thread. I vote for anyone but chet starting it. I would, but I'm not that creative with the thread title changes

ffldrew said:
I did - they didn't have much. Some decent puck possession - Corsi numbers must have been off the charts. But there are no snipers and finishers stepping up. Trevor Moore and Heinen were just that -
Forgot to mention that Heinen is going to make the Bruins out of camp. Unfortunately it looks like he'll be on the fourth line behind J. Hayes and Riley Nash, which is kind of dumb. 
I've been looking in to see his status every now and then - Claude is not one to go crazy with youth so I thought he may head Providence for a while. Glad he's getting a shot he really is a good player and hopefully he'll get a chance to move up. Bruin 3rd and 4th lines aren't all that scary. Gotta think Czarnik and players like Heinen start pushing in there. Carlo also getting a shot (he played for Thunderbirds)- all that youth may give Claude indigestion.

The problem is I don't know what the fourth line's identity is going to be, with Acciari in the middle and whoever skates on the LW. Vatrano's injury kind of muddled things there.

Carlo is intriguing, especially with all of the young D in the pipeline, and K. Miller's injury opens the door for him and maybe even O'Gara. They must like him if they wouldn't guarantee Ehrhoff the top-six spot he wanted. Word is he might pair with Chara to start.

Czarnik was cleared to play after the Gudas hit last weekend, so I'm curious to see where he fits.

Moving over to the regular-season thread. Drop the puck!

I did - they didn't have much. Some decent puck possession - Corsi numbers must have been off the charts. But there are no snipers and finishers stepping up. Trevor Moore and Heinen were just that - and add in all the seniors that are gone. Going to need to nurture some of these young guys to step up - the kid from Finland - Panthers 1st pick Henrik Borgstom not all that impressive in his debut. DU defense played good for the weekend - except for 1 play early against Ohio State - and one bad bounce that DU goalie mishandled against BC. DU ice really sucks early in the year - actually all year it sucks but especially early in the season and later when its warmer - they need to fix the plant to keep the ice cooler.

BC was somewhat lackluster as well. Young team also. Goalie was good. They just kept everything to the outside and DU obliged. I suppose the talent will come out as they get going - NCAA hockey is so screwed up - they play one "preseason" game after a weekend of practice and then probably play the most important RPI/Pairwise games of the year. DU face BU this weekend and it will be tough - BU is stacked on paper. Without a victory DU will be really behind the eightball when it comes to Pairwise.
huge sweep, BU should be solid this year so that will go a long way.  did you watch?  how did it look?  very surprised at BU not getting at least a split.

Users who are viewing this thread